Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 23 September 2012

Antiquity Songbird Inspired


I checked out the SCS IC355~Bella Soleil
and came across this photo......


Antiquity Songbird Containers (Set of 2)

 So I thought I would play along and try to make an inspired card.  This was a wee bit out of my comfort zone, it's funny how things never turn out what like is in my head!
I wanted to try the  Faux Patina technique and I think it was a massive fail, so I will have to try again and get it right!  I embossed a Spellbinders Circle with Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I sponge a tons of different inks and sprinkled some gold embossing powder in a few spots. I used Memory Box Perched Reed Bird, Lorelai Leaf and Pastry Labels dies to make this card. The bronze pearls were made with a Viva Decor Bronze Pearl Pen. My layout was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches~53.  I left off a couple of Stripes to make it work for me..
 





Popped the circle up over a Spellbinders Scallop Circle and layered it over an embossed brushed gold layer that had been distressed with Frayed Burlap ink.  The sentiment is from JustRites-Just Because Set and embossed with Versafine Vintage Sepia.  Here is the inside of the card......



 I am entering this in the following challenges as well.....

Crazy 4 Challenges-C4C155~Thank you or Thanksgiving Inspired

Simon Says Stamp~Emboss it

Oldie But A Goodie~Ribbons (my old is most of the ribbons,spellbinders, gold paper and the EF)


Thanks for stopping by! have a fabulous day!
Ellen

29 comments:

  1. Ellen, this is beautiful!!!! What a stunning card! Love the way you did the embossed circle - so lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh I love the background, the colors, and the fabulous design, it totally looks like your inspirational piece, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - love the techniques you have used.
    Thanks for playing along with us at AOBG this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ps thanks also for popping by my blog and your lovely comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is stunning. I love the design and such gorgeous colours and textures

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love your inspiration and I think you did amazingly well with your textures and colours

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Ellen very beautiful.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Ellen, I love the colors and the sketch! The embossed circle is fabulous!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOLTO CARINA...BELLI I COLORI CHE HAI SCELTO

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ellen ! Love the colours and the faux patina, great work ! It matches the inspiration containers very well. You've been busy creating ! I'll check out the challenge sites :) Have a great day/week, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... What a great card this is. .... I love your inspiration and I think you have executed this beautifully!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Beautiful, Ellen..your card looks so much like your inspiration photo. I love a bird card and this one is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure what the Faux Patina technique is, but this is a beautiful card, Ellen! Wow! It doesn't look like you need any more practice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Ellen! I love that look! The colours are fabulous and your take on the sketch so creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwwww my dearest lovely friend:) Gorgeous card and gorgeous creations:) You are so talented:) You have used beautiful colors too:)
    Have a fabulous week, big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!!! I don't know about the massive fail... Your embossed circle looks incredible to me!!! I love seeing the inspiration for a card! Love the inside too!!! Really pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hands down, you rocked this challenge girlfriend! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! A perfect take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. El dahling, what can I say about this one? Yikes. I'm at a loss for words,so I think I'll repeat what Stamp Muse said: you certainly rocked these challenges like no tomorrow! LIke wow,girlfriend. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant work - really lovely, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a wonderful card from your inspiration Ellen! So pretty with the embossing and die cut bird!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How creative and beautiful! I really like the colors and the symmetry you used with the bird and leaves! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your win at IO !!!! Happy to see you win :) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't see any fail in this design! I love the blues and browns together and the different shapes work perfectly in the design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Эллен, очень элегантное сочетание вырубки и эмбоссинга!!!
    Так небычно и красиво подобраны цвета бумаги, ЗДОРОВО!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your take on the sketch and the inspiration photo, Ellen...your card is beautiful!!!!! Love the colors and texture you added and the little bird is sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is Beautimous in every way! love these awesome colors and fun design! you go girl!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!