Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Back to School~SS#21



 Hope you are all having a fun filled holiday weekend!  It's the first Sunday of the month, so that means it's time for another Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge 

 

 Our fearless leader Jacquie has provided a fabulous inspiration photo.....

We would love to see you play along!  For all the details on how to play along and have a chance to win some fabulous Rubbernecker Stamps  just click Here to go to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog.  

Rubbernecker Stamps is have a huge Labor day Sale Click Here to check it out!


Back to my card....


I was inspired by the primary colors in the crayons. I colored Rubbernecker's Chelsey-16367 
with Copic Markers after stamping her with Memento Tuxedo Black. She is such a cute and happy image.  At my house the kids are all nerds that look forward to school~  So I knew that she would be perfect! The letters and numbers on the back panel are from Rubbernecker's Alphabet Set#1-15625. After stamping the numbers and letters with Memento Blue Danube and Love Letter I added a few white dots with my Signo White Gel Pen, then ran them through some embossing folders. I sponged all the edges of the colored card stock with coordinating ink.
Hope to see you play along!!  Don't forget to check and see what my talented Sister's have created. Their links are in my sidebar.  I am also entering this in the CCEE Stampers Challenge 1235 which is a school theme and Splitcoaststampers WT390
where the challenge is to make a card that will make someone smile.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Ellen


Supplies~
Stamps~All by Rubbernecker
Chelsey-15625
Alphabet set #1-16367

Ink~
Memento-Tuxedo Black, Love Letter, Cottage Ivy, Blue Danube
Distress Ink-Mustard Seed

Copics~
Skin, Cheeks and mouth~E00, E000, E0000, R20
Balloon~R24, R27, R29
Hair~Y23, Y32, YR23
Dress~B00, B24,B26, B28

Accessories~
Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles, Sponges, Pop Dots,  Sizzix Embossing Folders-Brick Wall, Plaid, Dots

13 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love the details and color blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute and beautiful card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, my lovely friend,your new card is colorful and joyful:)
    The image is sooooo cute:))
    Have a wonderful start week:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea looks SO cute on this card Ellen - we had the same idea with the primary colors and letters for our school cards - love the embossed panels and stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Ellen ! It suits the theme very well :) Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful back to school card Ellen!! The embossed backgrounds are great, especially the brick wall!
    The colors and details suits this card very well!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job with the inspiration piece. I love your card and it's great to have nerds (your words)...they always do well in school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh El dahling, why do I always find myself spellbound when I come upon your blog? El, I see on your side bar, there's a yellow tag stating "they are talking about me at Craft Gossip.com." Let me know who I need to talk to and I'll straighten that situation out immedialtey. I've got your back, no worries ever. Moving on, I love your Xmas tree all lite up on your silver mirror cs. Very elegant and the little image is a hoot. She and I will probably meet ... I'm just beginning my abc's too. Happy weekend. Happy life. Goodbye and good luck. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the cool textures, Ellen...definitely a star student!

    ReplyDelete
  10. **Ding, ding, Ding, ding, ding!!** It's a winner in my book, Ellen! Fabulously back-to-school inspired, and definitely teacher/student-ready!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen, I love the primary colors and stars! Just darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!