Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Color Blocking CAS Style


Hello Friends,

This weeks clean and simple challenge over at Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge-CAS187 is color blocking.  Those that know me really well, know how I struggle with CAS cards, so I am going to try and play in these challenges. It honestly takes me longer to make a card without lots of embellishments and white space than it does to make a fully loaded card! It's so gloomy and windy here today, I just good not get a bright enough photo.  Even my white backdrop looks peach ~

I stamped one of the presents from Rubbernecker's Party Time Set-15524 in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the card base and again on a piece of scrap card stock. I colored the one on scrap card stock with Prisma Colored Pencils, cut it out and popped it up over the one on the card base.  I cut 3 squares of scrap card stock and sponged them with Distress Inks~Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Dusty Concord .  The sentiment is also from the same set.  I added some gorgeous sheer ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and some stickles.



Thanks for stopping by  and have a fabulous day everybody!!

Ellen





12 comments:

  1. beautiful card Ellen.
    love the little sparkles.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my beautiful friend,what a gorgeous clean and simple card:) I love the gift stamp with sparkle:)
    Have a wonderful day :)
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Ellen....this is super. I love your colorful blocks and the sentiment is so cute with the present. You're doing such a good job, you may just go totally CAS from now on. I know you won't because your other type cards are also awesome.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful CAS card Ellen!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ellen. I love the design and the colours are fabulous.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen ! Love your CAS creation with the vibrant colours & sparkly gift :) I find CAS much faster vs the fussing I normally do ! I really enjoy the elegance of CAS but I also enjoy a lot of inkiness and layers of images etc. Just love it all I guess :) I hope your week is going well, Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps... I think we should do what our creative soul wants to do... life is short :) cheers again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors Ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazingly great CAS design. Love those blocks of colors...so eye catching

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. El dahling, what a wonderful CAS card. I love the way your block squares are aligned. That small little image all glittered beyond belief is perfect ... just like you. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Какое интересное заполнение белого цвета,очень необычно!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CIAO ELLEN, CARINISSIMA LA CARD...MOLTO BELLO L'EFFETTO CHE HAI FATTU SUL PACCO

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!