Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 21 September 2012

Darling Cupcake



My little niece Stella, who is 3 and a half years old, saw this Sizzix Stamps and Dies Set~Cupcakes and Balloons -657576 sitting on my desk and asked to make a card with a cupcake on it for  her little brother Sam, who is turning one at the end of the month. It was such fun to watch her amazement as she pressed the button on the Vagabond for the first time embossing and die cutting. She made  her card with lots of help and then I made one exactly the same.  With all the new dies on the market, die cutting is rapidly becoming one of my favorite techniques. Apparently it's Stella's too!!


I am entering this card in the following challenges.......

 CCEE Stampers-CCEE1238- Food 
Speedy Fox and Friends-125- Favorite Technique 

Thanks for popping by! Have a wonderful day!!
Ellen

Supplies~
Stamps/Die Cuts~Sizzix Balloons and Cupcakes Stamps and Dies-657576
Ink~ Memento Rich Cocoa, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Paper~Graphic 45-little Darlings Paper Pad, Cream, Cappuccino,  and Not Quite Navy
Accessories~ Cream Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge, Cuttlebug Folder, Starduct Stickles, Pop Dots and my very hoarded Crystal Stickers Glitter Domes (Thanks Pam124!!)

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! Crafting with little ones is so rewarding - they're still amazed by things we've come to take for granted. That's a lovely looking cupcake in perfect little-boy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CIAO ELLEN..VERAMENTE CARINO...

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, just how cute this cupcake turned out to be. I love the blue checks and the yummy cherry on top. Quit hoarding! LOL
    Oh, I see those were from Fruitcake...how proud she'll be to see you use those domes.
    How awesome you have a 3 yr. old to stamp with. That is my favorite age ever. They always say the sweetest, cutest, and funniest things.
    I'm so happy to see you joining us at CCEE Stampers this week. Hope you have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Ellen with this cute cupcake!!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely and sweet cupcake Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!! Oh how I want a yummy cupcake now!!! What a beautiful card! I love the sentiment set at an angle!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a beutiful card. Love the cupcake. Thanks for sharing your favorite technique at Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card my dearest friend and congrats to your little lady help^_^
    I love cupcake and colors and texture paper:)
    Have a wonderful week end my lovely Ellen:)
    Big hug and big kiss,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable, Ellen I love all the cool die cuts, too. How fun that your niece got to make a card with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your adorable cupcake! That is so cute. Fabulous dp and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birthday card Ellen ! Beautiful colours & papers. I'm sure you had a great time with your niece creating :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the cupcake, what great swirls! What fun to create with someone so young and full of amazement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever, fun, and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cupcake.The ribbon around the bottom of the cupcake really sets it off. I have not seen this die, but I think I might have to have it if I do see it. :)
    How sweet that Stella wanted to make a cupcake card for her brother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stinkin' adorable and I can just picture the face on Stella as you magically put the die cut through the Vagabond. Too precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!