Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 22 September 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas


I was inspired by a few challenges to make this card......

 CASology week#11~White

PPA143~A Clean and Simple Sketch 

Splitcoaststampers TLC395~Rolled Flowers 

Jingle Belles~Dashing Through the Snow 

I love this Memory Box Bianca Snowflake Die that my evah so sweet friend Betsy sent me~ I just had to sparkle it up! I did this using a Sizzix Adhesive sheet and some iridescent glitter.  I paired it up with an MFT Rolled Flower Die and glittered up as well. The dry embossed Snowflakes is a Cuttlebug Folder. I really wish the companies would print the name on them!!!!! I added some bits of glitter with a glue pen.



 The lace looks cream in the picture but I assure you it is a beautiful crisp white lace made by Prima. I added a strip of half inch Scor-tape and burnished some glitter into it.   I embossed with silver a sentiment from Stampin'Up's A Christmas Carol Set then had to add pearls where I dropped the stamp and had a small splotch of  Versamark. Never a mistake....only the crafting gods telling me I need to add an embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!

Ellen









26 comments:

  1. a very beqautiful christmas card Ellen.
    love white on white.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, what an incredibly lovely and amazing holiday card! i think white-on-white is the HARDEST color challenge in the world, but you have pulled it off with such elegance! thanks for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous...love the shimmer on your white on white!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Ellen. I love all the pure white with the sparkle and a fantastic snowflake with a rose centre.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness someone else is doing Christmas cards, and a gorgeous one at that!!! Love the textures and the beautiful rose as a center for the lovely snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen this white card is fantastic:) I Made something similar, I'll post soon:)
    I love the big elegant sparkle snowflake and the lovely flower on it:)
    Gorgeous embossed paper and lovely lace:)
    Have a wonderful Sunday my lovely friend:)
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful white on white card... love your take on the sketch!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, love the white on white and the fabulous design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your snowflakes - a perfect white design! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous white-on-white design ... love the glittery sparkle ... so glad you dashed through the snow with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous, sparkly creation ! Love all the glitter and the beautiful snowflake die cut. The rolled rose in the centre is great. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you've done up the sparkly snowflake...thanks for the tip and this card is just simply beautiful.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card; simple but yet very elegant.
    I also wish companies would label their embossing folders etc.
    What I done, I dug out my trust worthy label maker and put labels on all my folders
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Эллен, чудесная открытка, как сказка!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
    I either cut the name from the packaging of the folder and tape it on the front, or write the name of it on with a Sharpie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. White on white and absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the big snowflake and the rolled flower in the center is perfect! So lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. El dahling, this is gorgeous. Yikes,it takes my breath away, girl. I love how you always explain everything but for those of us who dont do well w/instructions, I'm still at a loss. I shall have to admire your beautiful creation from afar. PS: you were mentioned several times in the SCS favorites of the week. Yeah, baby. You go girl. Hugs and love sweet friend, over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! All that white is so elegant and along with all the sparkle makes a simply stunning card. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH! MY! I had to grab my phone and take a picture of this card so that I can TRY and copy cat this baby! what a beauty of a card!!! I LOVE that rolled flower in the center of the snowflake!!! Gotta love the help for embellishments! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful white on white christmascard Ellen, the snowflake is gorgeous!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and sooooo full of sparkle. I love the white on white cards. Nice job with the pearls....hiding that little secret. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all this frosty whiteness! Super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is simply scintilating! You really captured the essence of a snowy day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!