Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 6 September 2012

Fin Butterfly in Fabric

I needed a long overdo thank you card and the SCS CAS186 Challenge fit the bill.  The challenge is to make a clean and simple card using fabric.

I  started by running the Delia Butterfly by Memory Box through my Sizzix Vagabond with some very thin scrap pink gingham material.  It was still to thick to actually cut right through the material, however, it did leave enough of an impression to hand cut it out.  I die cut the Fin Butterfly by Memory Box out in Black. I used a glue pen to adhere the Fin Butterfly over the material Delia Butterfly.  These Memory Box dies can be purchased at Ellen Hutson's store.  I do love these dies!!!



The background panel is a 5 x 5 square that the top 2/3 has been stamped with Rubbernecker's Chickenwire Background-16383   in Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I also sponged around the edges every so slightly.  I pierced around the edges and added some rhinestones from the dollar store and a strip of American Crafts Lip Gloss Crushed Velvet ribbon.

Then I popped up the butterfly with pop dots.  Clean and simple is not my forte' but I think I get E for effort. 

If you are looking for the September blog candy CLICK HERE.


Thanks for visiting !! Have a fabulous day!
Ellen

13 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous, gingham butterfly, Ellen. And, I love the pink chicken wire. What a great clean and simple You get an A for doing such a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a gorgeous card and what a great idea.
    I have a lot of fabric, thanks for the idea Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, love gingham and the colors are fabulous. Love that fabulous butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. I love the butterfly and the colours are wonderful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dearest friend, what a delicate card you made:)
    I adore this thin butterfly and the colors used:)
    Big hug and have a relaxing night,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. какая интересная и нежная бабочка))) все лаконично и просто, очередной шедевр

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Ellen ! What a beautiful butterfly with the fabric ! Great trick to get the outline on the material. Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. I love how you've used the gingham paper with the black cardstock...very striking.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mean fabric not paper (so used to typing paper:))

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, what a gorgeous CAS design, Ellen...the pink fabric backed diecut butterfly is sooo striking...looove this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen, this is absolutely gorgeous. I fell in love with it on SCS yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card Ellen, so beautiful with the fabric!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  13. Оригинальная открытка, Эллен! Спасибо за идею!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!