Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 7 September 2012

So Shines a Good Deed Shaker Card

Impression Obsession's challenge this week is ~ Favorite Quote/Saying Challenge and CCEE Stamper's 1236 is Birds and Music.  This is what I came up with  combining the 2 challenges.

I  knew I wanted to make a shaker card using the new IO Circle Shaker Die-DIE001.   I love this quote by Willie Wonka  A Good Deed~C3634 ! I stamped it in Memento Espresso Truffle ink on white paper and distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink.  I ran some scrap brown paper through the Vagabond  with the  Birds Die-DIE003-A, and attached one of the birds to the inside of  a Large Circle Pouch with a glue dot.  I added  a little bit of Christmas green Flower Soft to the Circle Pouch,  I probably should have added a tad more than I did, oh well.  Then adhered the sentiment to the Circle Pouch.  Distressed the frame with Antique linen too.


I colored up IO's Budding Branch~E8572 with Copics and hand cut it out.  I adhered it to the outside of the circle, being sure to cover the glue dot with one of the flower buds and adding the second bird to the branch. 


The background is IO's Cover a Card -Music-CC029 stamped with Espresso Truffle Ink as well and  distressed with Antique Linen.  Popped it up over some green card stock and added some green gingham ribbon, pearls and pins.

I also want to thank Charlene over at Paper and Ink Playground. I won her blog candy and found this in my mailbox. Lucky me! ! Thanks evah so much for the new toys Charlene!!!!



If you popped in looking for my blog candy, Click here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Over and out,
Ellen

21 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous card Ellen, beautiful made.
    and congratulations with your prize it looks fantastic.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. CIAO ELLEN, MOLTO BELLA LA CARD MI PIACE TANTISSIMO L'EFFETTO MOSSO CHE HAI DATO AL FIOCCO...

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D, I often use that IO music stamp for my birdie backgrounds. I'm glad you used it - thank you for playing along with the CCEE Stampers this week. What a gorgeous card, too, I love your sweet little birds tucked into to the apple blossom bough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! I love this shaker card. I am a huge fan of music and birds and the sentiment is super. Loving the ribbon, too. What a beauty. So glad to see you joined us at CCEE Stampers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Эллен,как у вас так получается вроде такая простая открытка,но такая трогательная,как всегда все безупречно. С уважением Надежда

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Ellen, such a beautiful design and a lovely saying.

    I hope you have a great weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. El dahling, just look at what you've gone and done today! Holy Smokes, girl, this is fabulous ... using what I think are 2 difficult challenges to pull together. Alas, you are the queen of all things good. Your creations are marvelous my sweet friend. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation Ellen ! Love everything about it. The lace & bow are oh so beautiful and so are the birds and quote. Great work crafty friend :) Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is a beauty, for sure. I love the lace, the ribbon and the beautiful bow. That is such a true sentiment and cute little birds. Thanks, for joining us over at The CCEE Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous in every sense of the word!!! Wow!!! I think your detail is out of this world, Ellen. Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card Ellen, I love the design and combination of paper and colors. And that lace is so beautiful!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wonderful sweet card my lovely friend:)
    Beautiful dies and gorgeous colors used.
    Fabulous the big bow and the pins too:)
    Have a beautiful weekend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...and CONGRATS on your win^_^
    Big Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your ribbon with the cascading tails! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Эллен, поздравляю с выигрышем конфеты! Открыточка-шейкер очень фантазийная и гармоничная, излучает столько доброты и тепла!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is incredible beautiful! Thanks for playing in the IO stamps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous shaker card! Love how you've used the different ribbons together...so darn pretty.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Love the details around the shaker card, birds and branch etc..

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just lovely! I like the music in the background:) I have a bird punch... I think I'm going to borrow some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really gorgeous card! I love everything about it.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really wonderful card, so professional looking - I don't know how you do it (mine never look close to professional)! Love your quote and how you used the branch and bird die is so cool! Also love the bow, lace, pearls, and music CAC. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!