Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Tiered Mustang and September Blog Candy




So many of the kids in my neighborhood  are getting their drivers license this year.  Rubbernecker's Mustang Fastback -16315 is a perfect image for a  making a card to mark just an occasion!  

 This is an old technique but I think they are calling it Tiered Stamping now. 
I Just cut 3 layers of card stock and used Dotto a temporary adhesive to keep them together.



I stamped Congratulations from Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set-15624 on the center panel and then randomly stamped the Mustang Fastback with Versafine Onyx Black.



Then simply separate the images.


I matted each layer with 1/8" black card stock.  Then stamped the mustang again on a separate piece of card stock, colored it with Copics , cut it out and popped it up with Pop Dots.  I added some screw brads and black hemp twine.  It was still missing something so I added some Ranger Glossy Accents. With little ones here to keep me busy, I didn't have time to wait for the Glossy Accents to dry before taking the photo, but it will be clear when completely dry.


On to September's Blog Candy...

Organization in my craft  room always seems to be an issue. I seem to be continually reorganizing...... So, I love anything that help to keep me organized!!!  For my September Blog Candy I have  something to help in your crafting space ............

One Clip IT Up Ribbon Organizer
5 rolls of Ribbon

How to enter.....
I am a huge fan of Clip It Up!!  This is ONLY for my followers. Anyone can enter, if you are international - I will ship there as well!  Just become a follower if you are not already and share  the candy on your blog or any other social media and leave me a comment in this post.  I will do a drawing on October 5, 2012 using Random Generator.  Good Luck!


Don't miss out......just a reminder that today is the last day of Rubbernecker's Sale!




Winner  announced in this Post.


 Thanks for stopping by! Hope your day is fabulous!!
Ellen





40 comments:

  1. Wow Ellen,another little useful tutorial:) It's a super creative idea my dear friend:)
    Big hug and good night,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, it turned out to be that simple... Thanx for your tutorial! I'm also in for your candy - the link and the picture is on the left sidebar http://sc-sistercraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your card is amazing, that really is a very effective technique and I will definitely be giving it a go.
    thank you for your really useful blog candy. I have put the picture on my side bar

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Классная открыточка! ссылка на боковой панели http://vmireskrapa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Какой интересный способ и какая красивая открытка,спасибо за мини МК,обязательно использую этот прием в своих открытках. И спасибо за конфетку, ссылка на панельке слева http://darrarizhova.blogspot.com/. С уважением Надежда

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, what a cool card...love the mustang and your tiered stamping technique. I love those type cards and have not tried it yet.

    And, more fab blog candy. Thanks for being so kind. I'll put it on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Clip it Up too, and i so happen not to have a Ribbon Organizer yet, so needless to say i would LOVE to win! Thank you so much for the chance!!! :)

    I added a link to your giveaway on my blog sidebar
    http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com
    and shared on Facebook also
    http://www.facebook.com/nicole.doiron3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous blog candy, of course I am a follower and of course I added this to my Blog's sidebar! What a fabulous card. I always wanted to try that technique but for some reason in my mind I thought I had to match them all up perfectly and restamp each layer, lol. I am so going to try that now! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome masculine card and adore how you've done that technique...looks amazing.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems to be so simple and looks so effective! I am not a paper crafter but I will take this idea to a note. As for candy - I LOVE these organizational devices and accessories! thanks a lot for the opportunity! the link and the picture are on the right sidebar http://tinyworld-by-tinytanya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great card, love it :)

    Thanks for these great candy, love to win it. So my fingers are crossed...

    Hugs, Anreda

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a fab card Ellen, love it.
    and what a great candy again, thanks for the change.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I know! I cant believe the teired process is this easy. Yikes, I've always stayed away because I knew I would never be able to align the paper! The things you've taught me. I dont know if I ever told you this....but I drive a black mustange which has been greatly modified so when I drive down the street, the earth moves. I guess it's that kid in me. I know I look stupid..those kids in your neighborhood would say ... what a waste of a beautiful car on that old lady. I see the looks on their faces when I pull up to a light. BUT then I also look back and see their the look on their faces when I've left them in my dust. Have a great day my friend. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ellen, great manly card ! The technique is great, thanks for sharing another of your great tutorials. Now a ribbon organizer is a great candy idea :) My husband built me handy dandy ribbon holder but one can never have enough oranization ! I'll pop your candy photo onto my sidebar. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Очень интересная идея открыточки. Присоединяюсь http://katrin-mamochka.blogspot.com/ на панельке справа.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, Ellen ... you make the most difficult seem so easy. Fabulous tiered masculine card or any new driver card my dear! I see that your international followers are as appreciative as I am of your amazing talents. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is what I call a fabulous design...WOW!!!! I looove how you used the awesome mustang stamp and then colored one of them....this is soooo cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CIAO ELLEN, BELLISSIMO IL TUO TUTORIAL...
    GRAZIE DI POTER PARTECIPARE A QUASTA BELLISSIMA CANDY SPERIAMO NELLA FORTUNA

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's very nice, interesting card!!!

    And fabulous candy!!! http://tanuyshkin.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for chance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tutorial Ellen! I didn't know this technique, it looks great on the card. Got to try this some day!
    Thanks for the chance to win these wonderful candy!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  21. с удовольствием присоединяюсь http://marchenkoendscrab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Эллен, привет! Откытка получилась красивая с большой фантазией и спасибо большое за полезный мастер-класс!!!
    Конфета-органайзер также полезная штука, участвую-слева на панельке-http://wwwmyblogcdtnkfyf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing both the technique and candy! I already posted your candy news on my blog sidebar.

    http://messagekeeper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Привет. Приятно познакомиться!Открытка замечательная. Поучаствую в конфетке. На левой панельке http://swedkarswet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Love the technique and also the candy! I would love to take a chance on it ;)
    It's allready on my blog!

    Love from belgium
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea and en excellent card! Thanks for sharing! and thanks for chance to win your wonderful candy!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the tutorial, a very interesting technique, your card is beautiful, also thanks for the candy, have a great day! http://daiascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. hello!
    I want to play with you...please enter my name....

    lapappilon@blogspot.com
    lapappilon@gmail.com

    hugs
    Eva from Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  29. I came for candy and found a great tutorial! I am now a follower and have posted about your candy here:

    http://scrappingbyjennifer.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-serendipitous-stamper.html

    I would love to win a ribbon organizer (and I love ribbons)!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Хочу поучаствовать в вашей конфетке. http://olganikiv.blogspot.com/
    Идея с многоуровневым тиснением просто замечательная. Попробую у себя. Впереди много праздников.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello,

    I would like to play.
    Your game is on my blog.
    http://petite-armoire.blogspot.com/
    betikarauski@gmail.com

    All the best.:)
    Bernadett

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW!!! excellent card...Thanks for the candy and the tutorial...would love to try it...I'm your new follower and your candy is on my sidebar...:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a kewl Boy's Card thanks for the walkthru steps :) hugs Nikki
    I've linked and already follow you too

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just found your blog and become a follower. What a clever technique, love the effect especially once you add the coloured image to the layout. Gorgeous candy too, I've added a pic to my sidebar. Thanks for the chance to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Присоединяюсь)) http://chashe4ka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank u for the tutorial! A great inspiration for the masculine card. Awesome candy. Have placed the link and the picture on my sidebar. Thank u 4 d chance.

    Hugs
    Catherine
    http://vidhucreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very beautiful candy. Hope I'm lucky enough to win.
    http://angellina-srr.blogspot.com/
    Hugs
    AngeLLinA

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm your newest follower.
    I have posted your pic and link on my sidebar
    http://alenkiy-zvetochek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Super gift, hope for the best.
    hugs
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!