Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Impression Obsession Party Time Challenge




The challenge this week at Impression Obsession is "Party Time".  The only parties I seem to go to these days are birthday parties and Musical Theatre parties where there is always cupcakes.  I stamped  Surprise Cupcake - D8443  in Memento Tuxedo Black on Classic Crest card stock and colored it with Prisma Colored Pencils and cut it out. I wanted to give it more dimension so,  I stamped only the loopy part of the bow 2 more time on scrap paper. I cut the whole bow out and glue it straight to the image and then only 3 loops and glued the bottom edge down to the image and popped the top up with a pop dot. I then did the same with the cupcake wrapper, adhering it directly on the image.  I think this is the prettiest cupcake stamp ever!


I popped it over a strip of card stock that I die cut both sides with Impression Obsession's Border Duo 2 -Die018-V and added a piece of American Crafts Lip Gloss Crushed Velvet.  The sentiment is  Sweet Wishes B8563  inked with Gathered Twig Distress Ink and I added some left over Rhinestones from yesterday's card. the embossing folder is Sizzix Dots. I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch 405 , a sweet and simple layoutThese are the only kinds of cupcakes I should be having since my friend told me yesterday that I was getting "fluffy".  Made me smile!

Thanks for popping by and have a fabulous weekend!
Ellen



20 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pretty card...Everything is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cupcake and ribbon, Ellen!! So pretty with that yummy tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ellen, this is just so beautiful and fun at the same time. Love the colors, the layout and the whole card! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, this is beautiful. I love the lacy border and the tag. An awesome layout out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Ellen. A yummy image and beautiful detailing too.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet friend:)) You are as your yummy cupcake....soooooo sweet and lovely^_^
    Gorgeous card, I like the embossed paper and the beautiful dies^_^
    Have a fabulous day:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Какой аппетитный кексик просто слов нет,открыточка просто очень вкусная)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing stamped cupcakes are calorie-free!! Love this, Ellen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fabulous cupcake and card design, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is soo sweet,love the cake and the details,have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous & Yummy looking cupcake Ellen ! Your card is beautiful & elegant as always. Happy Thanksgiving, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious and fantastic card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet and lovely card Ellen! The cupcake is gorgeous and beautiful dies you used!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  14. El dahling, you sure are a quick study. Wasnt it just last year about this time when you and our WA friend went to your lst copics class? Your card is wonderful. and your coloring exceptional. Geez girl, you are so darned creative. Wanna send some my way. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum!! Beautiful coloring and love how you've used the border die cut. I just got to play with some of these new IO die cuts and they really are a lot of fun.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prismas are my favorite medium to work with, I love seeing what others do with them. You have such a beautiful technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the border die and your whole card-it turned out clean and crisp-good design.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  18. Эллен, очень красивая и вкусная открытка!!! Такая красивая бархатная лента украшает рисунок с кексом!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, the cupcake's ribbon is so well colored.

    ReplyDelete
  20. CIAO ELLEN, MOLTO BELLA LA CARD...VIENE VOLGLIA DI MANGIARLA QUESTA TORTA

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!