Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 14 October 2012

Lining Up Negative Punches and Dies Tutorial




Hello Friends!

I have a one layer card to share today using Rubbernecker's Butterfly Inchies 15517 and Rubbernecker's Discover Word Set

I used the negative of a 1" circle  to create the circles on my card.  This is what I do to line up the circles up exactly where I want them to be....... punch 5 circles out of a post it note close to the edge, being sure to have the sticky part on the circles.  Stick them on the card stock where you want them, this is the only way I could ever sponge a straight line and have them spaced evenly!


Next take a scrap piece of card stock and punch the same size circle out of it. I had a scrap that had a couple of circles punched out , but you only need one circle punched out.  Line it up over the post it note circle and remove the post it note through the open hole.


Sponge your ink over the hole. Ranger's Antique Linen Distress ink used here.


 Your negative dies are exactly where you wanted them...


 I stamped the butterflies and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black, added some scoring and 1/8" Black Taffeta ribbon.

I am entering this card into the following challenges...

 CAS(E) this Sketch! #1
 

Less is More ~Wings 
Splitcoaststampers F4A138~ Negatives


Thanks for stopping by! Have a most fabulous day!
Ellen

31 comments:

  1. thanks for the tutorial,have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful CAS card Ellen. I love those butterflies. Thank you for a great tutorial

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ellen! I made a similar card using a completely different technique - isn't it fun how you can craft in so many different ways?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Hellen thank you for you tutorial, very elegant card, i like you embossed background, gogeous colours, well done.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique will definitely have to try this love the way it makes the butterfly pop lovely card
    Debbie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your technique Ellen. This is such a BEAUTIFUL card! Love the scored lines at the top. So glad you played along with us in our first challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo clever! Love your sponged circles and the embossed bg is awesome!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial! I often have a hard time getting items in a row to be straight. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dearest Ellen,what a gorgeous CAS card^_^
    Elegant and delicate^_^ Thanks for the useful tutorial^_^
    Have a wonderful day my sweet friend^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. elegant and beautiful card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great explanation of how you achieved such perfect sponging. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful & elegant card Ellen ! Great tutorial, thanks ! I hope you had a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful CAS card Ellen, thanks for the tutorial!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Love the scoring on here too.
    Thanks so much for saying how you did those circles too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is so cool! Thanks for the tips and I love the scoring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! I love the score lines on this card. They really draw my eye down to the butterflies! What fun to have you join us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool idea with the negative punches...thanks for sharing and I just love your CAS style and this card is no exception

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  19. El dahling, apparently you failed to listen to me last week! Your tutorial is fabulous my friend,even for someone like myself with a major intellectual deficit. If I were willing to actually sit down and take the time needed to create a wonderful card, I would definitely be casing your blog. This is wonderful with the perfectly aligned negative circles and score lines. Have a most fabulous day, dear sweet El. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tutorial, Ellen! You've made sense of a difficult technique for me. Your butterflies against the sponging are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Ellen. Love how the butterflies pop against those circles. Good info you're passing along. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you for sharing your great idea! you made such an elegant card, i like the fact that you scored the top for added interest. thank you for joining us for our very first CTS challenge ; )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Ellen
    super tut too

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful CAS card and perfect for the challenge.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely CAS card. Thanks for the tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very pretty card and thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great sketch, Ellen...I love your take on it with your wonderful sponging technique and those pretty little butterflies!!!!! The scoring gives it such an elegant touch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a super card Ellen and thanks for the great tutorial also :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi my lovely friend, I'm here again to say ' Happy Sunday' and....one/two days ago I sent you an email:))
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much for sharing this! I just ordered a new stamp set that I'd love to do something like this with:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!