Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

One For The Boys



Hello Blogland Friends!

I needed a card for my neighbour.  We fish together, so this Rubbernecker stamp is perfect for him. Yes, the men like to TRY and leave us women at home because we always catch more fish than they do.  This image looks like my husband and my neighbour morphed together. So yes, this is the perfect stamp for him. Hope it makes him laugh as much as it does me!! 


I kept this card as clean and simple as I possibly could as to fit the personality of the recipient. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copics.  I added a a little bit of Black Spica Pen to the fish and the belt then clear embossed the fish to make them pop.  I masked the image and used the smallest of the Memory Box Clouds die to create my clouds. I die cut the image with a Spellbinders Curved Rectangle.  Then using this THIS TUTORIAL to create a extra layer from your dies, I cut one out of Artichoke paper and popped the image up over it. Then mounted it over a Wood Grain Kraft card base. 

I am entering this in the following challenges........

Charisma Cardz Challenge ~For The Boys 
Papertake Weekly ~ Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by! Hope your day is filled with laughter and joy!

Ellen

Supplies~
Rubbernecker Stamps~
 Ralph Fishing 16245

Accessories~
Back Spica Pen, Spellbinders Curved Rectangles, Pop Dots, Versamarker, Clear Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen, Memory Box Clouds, Sponge

Ink~
Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Summer Sky, Copics

Paper~
Kraft Wood Grain, Artichoke,  Xpress Blend it

18 comments:

  1. Ellen, this is precious!!! Your coloring is just beautiful and love the image and clouds! FABULOUS!!! I know your neighbor will love it!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, I am going to have to remember that extra layer trick, I like that much better than cutting it down or coloring over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabulous Ellen. Such a great image, and you have coloured it brilliantly. I love the framing too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute image and a fantastic card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card dearest friend^_^ Funny image perfect coloured^_^
    Have a wonderful day my lovely Ellen (I have a fever..uff..)
    Big mountain of hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything in simplicity ! I like ! Fabulous work of colours on your image. Bravo ! Excellent work !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and Bonne Chance !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    P.S. : Thanks for your comment on my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute image. love the way u hav colored it. Love the shape n masculine color combo of the card.

    hugs
    Catherine
    http://vidhucreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. CIAO ELLEN SIMPATICISSIMA L'IMMAGINE CHE HAI SCELTO...MI PIACE ANCHE COME L'HAI COLORATA.
    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I admit it, I was looking for 'size' and something like 'matter,' but I guess that's still in the mail. You've colored this image perfectly El dahling. The lake waters are so life-like. Such a sweet card for your neighbor. Keeping it CAS style was the perfect way to tackle this one. Happy day. Hugs and love el dahling. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the image and your colouring is perfect! I'm sure your neighbour will be impressed, even if you do catch more fish. lol
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect masculine card! I wonder if he is really fishing in a crick:)!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice and funny card Ellen, your coloring is very beautiful! I'm sure your neighbour like this!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card and your coloring is wonderful. Glad to know that you gals are out fishing the guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ellen ! Gorgoues colouring on your fun card ! Perfect 'manly' card for someone that fishes ! So cute. Hope you are having a fabulous day and that it really doesn't snow....yikes ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fisherman wouldn't love this card? Your neighbor is sure to be grinning from ear to ear. What a great job coloring and making clouds. I've used that extra layer with my dies before a few times...comes in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous creation thanks for joining us for PTW 5th Birthday hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ellen!!!!!
    I wanna be your neighbor!!! Please?
    Hubs & I literally went fishing (for real) on many dates. Ohhhh ... to say that I completely adore your card would be an underes~Bevtimate for sure. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous coloring, Ellen!!!
    What a blessed neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!