Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Santa's Clean!

Here is a clean and simple Christmas card using  Impression Obsession's Santa - D4190 and  Impression Obsession's Believe - B3504.  This Santa is a quick stamp to color. Perfect since I am so far behind in my Christmas cards.


 I used sketch #3  from CAS(E) This Sketch....
 
I die cut a partial circle using a Spellbinders Circle out of scrap designer paper.  Embossed the sentiment using Versamark and Silver Embossing Powder. Added a border cut from Impression Obsession's Border Duo #1 DIE017-V. Added some stardust stickles from Rangers to the snowflakes and Santa's hat.  Cut Santa out and popped him up in the center  and called it done.  It just doesn't get any simpler and it requires no extra postage! 

I am also entering this in Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge ~ Here Comes Santa Claus.

Thanks for popping by and have a fabulous day!

Ellen 

25 comments:

  1. Great Santa card and interpretation of the sketch you were following. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card I love the santa which is coloured beautifully and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Ellen. I love the image and the way you have used the layout looks so effective

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful christmas card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops...

    What an interesting sketch and a great way to show off your Santa. He looks great...love all the sparkle. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my lovely friend^_^How are you? Yesterday I sent you an email because I was worried about the quake close to your area....
    If you write this post is all ok and I'm happy^_^
    Gorgeous card and fabulous Santa^_^
    Big hug dearest,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful christmas card Ellen! I love the background paper and Santa looks great!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ellen, found your blog and love all the beautiful things you make.
    I follow your blog now !!
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Ellen ! Love your take on the sketch and the colours. And as always your colouring is fabulous too ! Hope all is well there, we are hoping the storm doesn't hit us too hard.... the wind & rain have started, it's miserable. Can't believe a week ago it felt like summer ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this Santa! The layout is great, and your details to this C&S card are great! Thanks for playing along at Holly Jolly this week!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a terrific Santa card (he is just so adorable!) and I love what you did with this sketch! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellen, this is a perfect image for that sketch!! Love it (and I love Santa too!)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. FANTASTIC! Love this. So glad you played along in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Santa! He's perfect for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute Santa, and the snowy bg is perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable, love the dp you used and the fabulous sketch and design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Santa and the little touch of glitter makes him super special! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Эллен, какой красивый голубоглазый Санта! Красивая открытка!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the sketch and just love love love how you've used teal in this fantastic design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, so finally Santa is clean! What a wonderful card with that case. I've just dialed up into those challenges because of what you do with them. Your work is incredible. I need to find a french dictionary so I can come up with some new words to use when I leave comments. Over and over I mention 'gorgeous, extraordinary, elegant, beautiful, over the top, fabulous' and on and on. You wait and see.....I'll be using all kinds of new words when I take a look at your creations! The work you make me do. Hugs and over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that Santa image. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us @ CAS(E) this SKetch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the partially cut circle and how you placed the Santa face inside. When I saw this, I immediately thought about turning it on its side which would give a "snow globe" effect. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Halloween! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card, I really like that Santa and the sketch. If Santa is clean, that must mean he hasn't been down any chimney's lately, but he better get back in practice soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!