Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Simply Nicole


Hello Friends,

Today's card is just a little different for me.  I was inspired by this Impression Obsession stamp called Nicole -C4060.  I stamped Nicole  and You Are Spectacular -B3732 with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed  them.  I thought right away about creating curly hair with a swirly embossing folder embossing folder.  I used  the flourish folder from the Sizzix Embossing Folder -Snowflake and Flourish Set.  Embossing the plain old regular way and then turning it at a 45 degree angle and partially embossing the top.  

I colored her up with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol (photo blue and blush pink).  Rounded the corners, added a pink taffeta bow, a strip of Recollections Rhinestones. Popped it up on a black card base. A very quick card.



 I am entering this card into the following challenges......
 Cards Galore~ Anything Goes
 CAS-usal Fridays:CFC73~ Celebrate the women in your life

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

26 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card love the idea very clever. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card...very different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Красавица с локонами!!! Элегантная открытка!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous elegant card - so artistic.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow gorgeous card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so clever! Gorgeous, gorgeous card! So glad you could play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Какая интересная открытка,обязательно повторю где нибудь этот прием если можно)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous and so is your elegant card Ellen ! What a great idea to use embossing for her hair. Love this ! Have a fabulous day ! Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cas card my sweet friend^_^
    I love how combine embossed paper,curly hair, and stamp,the beautful face^_^
    Amazing ^_^
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow.....you are something else. What a great idea to use the embossing for the hair. I probably would not have thought of that in a million years. And, what a sweet image. Just a winner of a card!!! You can go to the top of the class with this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is some seriously awesome creativity! love love love how you've done her hair with the embossing folder. Amazing card

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!! Simply stunning!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. El dahling, I simply cannot believe how your mind works! How you could take an EF and create hair with a face is beyond me. Did you hear what I said? It's all so beyond my ability to think outside the box. I love the artistic flair your card has. Definitely one of a kind ~ just like you.
    Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, Ellen, all your cards are wonderful, but this one is SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ellen, I love the simplicity of your card! Simply fabulous! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! LOVE this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, Ellen...you are sooo creative!!!! This is such a fabulous, clever creation....I love how you used the embossing as the hair and the face stamp is simply gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply gorgeous, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a gorgeous card Ellen, very elegant! I love the embossing of the hair, what a great idea!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh that is so fabulous, love the image with the embossing, I must get this stamp just so I can Kopykat you! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a stunning card and a brilliant idea! Thank-you for joining us at Cards Galore Challenges!Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow love this card it is simply stunning love the image and would be perfect for any girls or ladies in our lives.
    Gorgeous
    Debbie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!!! What a creative use of embossing!!!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. MOLTO BELLA...ELEGANTE E FINE....ANCHE UN PO' MISTERIOSA

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  25. You think outside the box like no other! This is inspired and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!