Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 22 October 2012

The Haunted Hill with a Creepy Fun Treat




Hello Friends,

 Tis' the season for spooky, my second favorite holiday!



I am getting so addicted to dies.  You can create a quick card and that seems to fit my schedule these days!  I started with Graphic 45 patterned paper and sponged Distress Inks-Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord.  The fabulous spooky die is Impression Obsession's Haunted Hill-DIE029-P.  I adhered some scrap orange card stock behind the pumpkin and the house and added some Black and white twine that I sponged Peeled Paint ink overI popped it up  on the patterned paper. It doesn't show up in the photo but I added some Black Diamond Stickles to the spiders and the Bats.  The sentiment is Impression Obsession's Happy Halloween- B5460.

 This is what the trick or treaters are getting on Halloween Night. My friend Dodie and I spent a whole day last week filling gloves with treats. I saw a glove similar to this on pinterest and figured it would save me a lot of time this year. I added a tag that has been sponged with the same inks as the card and spritzed with water.  I added just a portion of the Haunted Hill Die. So I could get a few tags out of one die cut. I attached it with some ribbon.


I am entering this in the following challenges......

Impression Obsession ~A Bewitching Halloween

Papertake Weekly~ Fright Night-Boo

Simon Says Stamp~Eerie-Inspiration

Shopping Our Stash ~ Trick or Treat -I have had the patterned paper and Striped Ribbon Forever

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Ellen




25 comments:

  1. I'm spooked! I love your Haunted Hill die...so very cool and scary. The trick or treaters are going to love the treats you give them. I can tell you have a lot of fun on Halloween...me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made the windows and the pumpkin "glow"! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ellen, this is outstanding and so pretty at the same time! What really wonderful use of the die on both the card and the tag! I can kind of see the Stickles on the spiders and the whole thing is Halloween lovely, Hee hee!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spookaliciously cute card. Ellen! I love the hand filled with goodies.t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a treat for the trick or treaters! I love the little tags you made, and your card is wonderful. I love the added touch of the ribbon with the tag and bats! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card and tag, the rainbow of colors behind your sillhouette, so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic love the haunted house and the little tags are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. El dahling, dont you ever take a break. OR do you just get up in the morning and allow your creativity to just take over? Give it up, girl. What's goin' on over there. Even I would make the trip to your house if I knew this is exactly what I would get for ringing your doorbell. What did you say your address is? This is just darling and just so wonderfully fun and uber creative. PS. That's a word our mutual friend would use to describe something fantastic. See I know how to case words, just not cards.
    Over and out. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Классный Хеллоуин получился, перчатка совсем супер, спасибо за идею!!!))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! I love the house with that wonderful background. Fabulous tag too.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. I realy want that die! Neat-how you photographed the card too!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful things dearest friend^_^
    Gorgeous card,wonderful effect^_^
    Lovely perfect colours^_^
    Have a wonderful day Ellen,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow gorgous halloween card Ellen, great stamping and fab colors.
    beautiful done.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous halloweencard Ellen, very spooky! And the treat you made is fantastic, they are going to love this!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ellen, your Halloween card is awesome ! Love the inking on the DP, the die cut & sentiment along with the stripped ribbon. The trick bag is wonderful, lucky trick or treaters !! Great work crafty lady ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am with anonymous ... UBER creative! I'm a little freaked out by the treat-filled gloves, but such is life. Won't the trick or treaters be thrilled with your lovely creations! You have quickly become the queen of die cuts, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining in the Trick or Treat challenge at Shopping our Stash! I am loving your background inking combo with the black dots! fabulous choice! that die is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ellen! What a pretty and spooky card! Yep, I think it's both!!! Love the tags too!!! Great idea to just use a portion on the tags!!! I have become a bit addicted to my dies as well!! It is fun to make a quick card with them. I had fun this week with a spooky window card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ellen, what a fun Halloween card! Great sponging! Love your cute treat "bag"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you continue to amaze me with your talent. I never would have looked at that paper and thought to sponge like that over. The night sky you created is just beautiful and perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you've used the IO die and how cool is the glove! Awesome Halloween ensemble...love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  22. just fantastic...love it...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful Halloween card and favor!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wooooooo,booooooooo, I am hearing the spooky noises that must be coming from this haunting house. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your card and the tag too! perfect for halloween!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!