Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 5 October 2012

Two Part Harmony And A Winner




Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!! 

Blog candy winner is announced at the bottom of this post.

I promised myself I was going to use the things in my craft room that I hoard and gathers dust!  My Bucket full of House Mouse Stamps fit that category- big time!!!  I stamped these sweet little guys in Memento Tuxedo black and colored them up with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol.  I masked the image and sponged a little Scattered Straw behind them. The image was done using a Spellbinders Lacey Oval and threading some Taffeta ribbon through the loops. A few Dollar Store Amber Rhinestones added to the loops as well.

 I used the current Mojo Monday Sketch -  MOJO261.
 
I added 3 memory Box Lorelai Leaf Die cuts  for the Splitcoaststampers WT395- What are the Odds and an Impression Obsession Bird Die in the top corner.  The background is Impression Obsession ~CAC-029 Music  stamped in Weathered Wood Distress ink.  The edges were sponged with Scattered Straw and then Gathered Twigs. I really like the look of these 3 colors blended together!



I am entering this card into these challenges as well.......

Through The Craftroom Door~Anything Goes
Fab and FunkyChallenges ~No Patterned Paper
Splitcoaststampers WT395- What are the Odds-I used 3 Lorelai die Cuts




Supplies ~

Stamps~
Impression Obsession ~CAC-029 Music
House Mouse - Two Part Harmony 02 - HMG1006
House Mouse _Happy Birthday 04 -CR1037


Ink~
Memento Tuxedo Black, Rangers Scattered Straw - Weathered Wood-Gathered Twigs
Accessories~
Prisma Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Spellbinders Lacey Ovals -Circles, Memory Box Lorelai Leaf, Impression Obssesion - Birds Die003-A, Pop Dots, WT Rhinestone Clear Circle, Dollar Store Rhinestones, RRR Daffodil Seam Binding, Marina Mist Taffeta, Sponge

September's Blog Candy Winner......

Thank you to all who entered! If it wasn't you that won. You will have another chance at some candy on Tuesday when I post October's Candy. Who won The Clip It Up! Ribbon Holder and 5 Rolls of Ribbon?  Drum roll please....... ..........  

Chosen by Random Generator is comment #8 is Holly at KopyKat Creations.  Congratulations Holly!! Contact me at ellentaylor38@yahoo.ca with your full name and address. It is Thanksgiving weekend here so I will ship it out Tuesday morning.


 Holly said.......

Fabulous blog candy, of course I am a follower and of course I added this to my Blog's sidebar! What a fabulous card. I always wanted to try that technique but for some reason in my mind I thought I had to match them all up perfectly and restamp each layer, lol. I am so going to try that now! Thanks. 


I appreciate all your visits and comments! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Ellen

18 comments:

  1. This is stunning Ellen. I love the sweet image, the beautiful colours and gorgeous detailing. The music stamped background looks wonderful.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So beautiful. I love that cute image and your coloring and the music background is perfect! Love the way you did the rhinestones around the circle too. SO pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Эллен, открытка чудесная и со смыслом - поющие на фоне нот, очень красиво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!!!! I am the winner? Wow, thank you!!!!

    Love this cute little image with the singing friends and the fabulous card design!

    Thanks again, I'm emailing you now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my congratulations to a winner!
    the cars is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and congrats to the winner!

    Love from belgium ;)
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card Ellen, I love the ribbon trough the loops, so gorgeous!
    Congrats to the winner!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a fabulous card you made with the 'hoarded' items. I have House Mouse stamps that have never been used. You make me want to get them out. I love your card and the little bird among the leaves is so pretty. A super card in every detail.

    Look at that Holly...being the winner! Good for her. Congrats, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO gorgeous Ellen ! Love the sweet images and your colouring is always so beautiful. LOVE the colours & design. Happy Thanksgiving - Enjoy ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and well colored. Yeah, Kopy Kat is the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Ellen, it's so nice for me to pop back for another look at your gorgeous card so I can say thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card. Love the ribbon weaving and the image. Well done to Holly too and thanks for the chance to enter for the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card Ellen, great how you did that ribbon.

    congratulations to holly.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, love it ...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that stamp...so sweet. The ribbon looks fantastic as well and the music paper is a perfect touch

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty layout and choice of colors! House Mouse stamps are the only cute images I have, they are just so stinkin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! That image is too cute! Love your card! Thank you for playing along this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!