Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 1 November 2012

A Gift Of Coffee Shaker Card





Hello Friends!

I really should be working on Christmas cards since between my husband and I we usually send out around 250 cards and I have a whopping 6 cards made. EEK!!   I seemed to have jumped right over Christmas to Valentines Day.  Every year for Valentines day, I do gift card holders for the university kids and add a Tim Hortons gift card (a popular Canadian Coffee Shop).  I found this fabulous Impression Obsession - Latte Love D8679 stamp in my mailbox and was so inspired by it that I couldn't wait to ink it up.  It screamed to be turned into a shaker card!!
This weeks Impression Obsession Challenge is...A GIFT FOR YOU, so this was perfect for it!

I used the sketch from Paper Players 119 Sketch Challenge.....




This stamp actually has steam and a heart rising from the coffee but I cut the heart off and used it for the label.  I pleated some 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around the shaker pouch.  I added real coffee beans inside the shaker.  This was a great smelling card to make!



I love how thin these shakers are! It makes it so much easier for mailing!  I used glue dots to pleat my ribbon.  I have a tutorial in THIS POST  for pleating ribbon.



This is the inside. I just adhere a small panel , adhering on just the 3 sides so I can slip a gift card in. I slid my driver's license in just to show how it fits in. I have to go and buy some gift cards!




 I am also entering this card in the following challenges....

Paper Crafting Journey~ Ribbon or Twine
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamps~Ribbon
Stampin' For The Weekend~Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!

Ellen


Supplies~
Stamps~ Impression Obsession - Latte Love D8679
Ink~ Memento-Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa, Copics E40-E42-E44, C00-C01, R24-R27-R29, E25-E27.
Accessories~ Impression Obsession Lg Circle Shaker Pouch, Swirls EF, Sponges, May Arts Red Velvet Ribbon, SU Espresso Grosgrain, Su Brad. Pop Dots, Rhinestones, Impression Obsession Border Duo 3 Die Set DIE019-V

30 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card and idea! Love how you've used the beans in the shaker and the ribbon around the shaker is awesome. I may have to CASE this card:)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, this is just awesome! How creative, pretty, and fun at the same time. A great gift card holder and what a keeper too with the Shake-It Pouch!!! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Ellen.
    fantastic design and beautiful done.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ellen the design is fabulous and I love the colors. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Ellen ! So creative and works well for the challenges. Have a great evening ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card ellen!
    Love the colors and the design you've made!
    Also the inside of the card is absolutely stunning!

    Love
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shaker card dearest Ellen:) You are very busy with children and many many many Christmas card to do, 250 cards...a lot, wowwww:) And a cards gift for a coffe shop and Valentines ...This craft passion is fabulous, all Made with love:)
    Have a sweet day my beautiful friend:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is amazing. I love the design with that fabulous image and gorgeous colours. The pleated ribbon frame looks wonderful.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen, this is beautiful! What an amazing gift. I adore coffee cards and I can only imagine the wonder of receiving a card that not only looked like coffee, but also smelled like coffee...pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found this in your mailbox? How come I never find things like a fabulous new stamp in my mailbox? lol. Just kidding, you know I order tons of them, lol. But this coffee shaker card is so fabulous, I love the great design and the ribbon treatment and the colors. So rich. And I am a Tim Horton fan! I was visiting your lovely country a few years back and discovered the joys and delights of a double/double. Don't know why we don't Tim Horton coffee in the states, but Starbucks would be out of buisness if they did, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the 'bestest' card ever. :-) I can almost smell the aroma of coffee. Now, I don't like coffee but do love to smell it.
    Just look at the wonderful job with the ribbon. And, gift cards are going to be a hit. What a super job, Ellen! I'll take Diet Dr. Pepper with mine. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. El dahling, you must spend hours working on your cards! Everything is precise and all the details you seem to come up with are amazing! this is such a neat card, but you really do need to get back on board with the christmas cards, dont you think. Huge hugs my friend. Over and Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and cute. How neat to have used real coffee beans in the shaker. You do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Molto originale, bellissimi di dettagli che hai scelto
    Ciao da Ale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb ! This card has great colors, contempory but classy feel, fun element (coffe beans), plus that lovely border and a gift card... it has it all !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is gorgeous Ellen, what a great idea to use beans in the shaker, very original! The inside also looks great!
    Have a fantastic weekend!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card...and the image...a very creative card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice card with lots of detail. You have a special card here!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic....I kept looking at that pleated ribbon in awe! What a fun way to give a coffee gift card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one seriously awesome card! Love that you made it a shaker card, what a great idea. Super detail on it too. What a great card for a coffee gift card. Great stuff! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!!

    Thank you for entering our Ribbon or Twine challenge over at
    The Paper Crafting Journey !

    I have some BLOG CANDY
    on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ellen, love that gorgeous red ribbon. What a great shaker card and bet the smell is amazing! Best of luck getting those Christmas cards done :) You have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. AWESOME card!!! FABulous colours and design!! Oh how I LOVE my Timmy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so clever, Ellen! What a fantastic way to give a coffee gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool giftcard holder. Great colors. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces. Hugs Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a great card! I love the gems and the ribbon pleating around the shaker (thanks for the tutorial by the way, I have never tried this). And the inside of the card looks great too! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous creation with the IO coffee stamp and making it a shaker card ... it is too cool for school. Eek, I made a funny! For university kids is it? Okay, I'm lame, but your gift card concept is fantabulous! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I do think this іs a great web site.
    Ι stumbledupon it ;) Ι will revisit уеt again since I
    book-markeԁ it. Mоney anԁ freedom iѕ thе
    bеst way to change, may you be rich and continue to
    help othеrs. 1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!