Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Katiebug turns 16


Hello,

This is not a usual post for me.

 This card  and post is for my sweet Katie who is having a 16th birthday today. Really it is birthday week!!   Yes, Katie you can consider this post as your scrapbook page. 

 When she was little we all called her Katie bug and boy oh boy, did she love ladybugs.  When I saw this image by Impression Obsession, called Phoebe -CS371, it really reminded me of her.

I colored her with Copics  and die cut her out with a Spellbinders circle and popped her up on a scalloped circle. I didn't have any strips of rhinestones, so I tediously glued dollars store rhinestones down around the circle.

I like my glitter to be fine.  I usually use Elizabeth Craft Jewel Glitter Ritz for my projects but Rangers Stickles Dry Fine Diamond Glitter looked fine enough to try and came in a much larger container and was easier on the pocketbook. I thought I would try my own product comparison, so I added Rangers Stickles Dry Fine Diamond Glitter to the dots on her wings and the dots trailing behind her.  I am very fussy about my glitter so I was surprised and pleased to find I actually liked the Ranger's Stickles Dry Glitter better!  Both companies have great glitter products, but Ranger's is more bang for your buck and excellent quality! Penny saved...penny earned!!

Even though I am drowning in patterned paper, I didn't have any paper that would work for what I pictured in my head. So I punched some 1" circles out of black scrap paper and adhered them to some white card stock. I took a couple of red copics and colored the white card stock.   The Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and a black Rhinestone brad was added to the center of the bow ( a gift from my evah so sweet friend Anne Ryan). I added a green panel that has been embossed with the Birds and swirls die to the card base.

 A hand made card is really worth the time and energy!!



 One of the few birthday's celebrated without her lifetime BFF Sinead.  Katie was three and Sinead was four in this picture. I have no idea where this photo was taken.



Sinead sent her 16 gorgeous red roses and a box of chocolates which my Dad and I promptly devoured trying to find the cherry chocolate..(sorry Sinead!~LOL). 



A weekend filled with bowling, chinese take out and an all night giggle fest with her girlfriends!!!

Sneaking up on Katie as she shovels the sidewalks and surprising her with her birthday present.....







Supper and an evening with my Mom and Dad, her boyfriend Colby (who is a mother's dream boyfriend for a daughter), and and Auntie Stephanie not in photo) and of course me.

Happy birthday my sweet, smart, beautiful girl!!
 
Tomorrow we are off to Edmonton to the Sir Paul McCartney concert. So it will be another day before I am back with some Rubbernecker projects to share with you and to catch up on what everyone else has been up to.

Have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous family photo my dearest friend:)
    Happy happy happy Birthday to your Wonderful daughter:) She's very very very beautiful and looks sweet........as her mum^_^
    Your card for her is fantastic, me too I love ladybugs and the image you have beautifully coloured is sooo cute:))
    She tresure it, I'm sure dearest lovely friend:)
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 16th birthday Katie!! And wow look at that cool present...lucky girl.
    Great card Ellen and love how you've done the black polka dots though you're better than me as I would've been tempted to buy yet another pad of paper to my hoard. Too sweet of an image, and a congrats to your for raising what appears to be such a great teenager!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter and I bet she loved her card. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Очень красивая открытка для дочери, поздравляю с такой красавицей!!!!!))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter ! You have made a beautiful card for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww how very lovely to read your post today Ellen.
    Happy Birthday to your daughter. The card you made her is stunning. I love the image and the papers and ribbon work so well together.
    Thank you for sharing such fabulous photos.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. CIAO ELLEN, BELLISSIMA CARD...MOLTO BELLA LA COCINELLA ANCHE A ME PIACE MOLTO ANCHE PERCHE' E' SEGNO DI BUONA FORTUNA SICURAMENTE LA TUA BIMBA L'AVRA' APREZZARTA. VEDO CHE DA TE C'E' GIA' LA NEVE DA NOI SOLO TANTA ACQUA

    CIAO DA ALE

    TANTI AUGURI ALLA TUA BIMBA....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter, Ellen. Time is flying by, huh? You made such a beautiful and personalized card for her. Oh, the work with the rhinestones.

    So glad you shared the photos. Was that new car her birthday present? If so, I am thinking she was thrilled. A 16 yr. old has to have a ride. :-)

    Enjoy the concert with Sir Paul McCartney. I don't know who will enjoy it more....the birthday girl or Mom??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your daughter had a fabulous birthday - and she did get a wonderful card too. Love the way your created that background paper and the image is just adorable! SO pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card and gorgeous daughter ellen.
    congratulations with her birthday.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh Ellen your 16th BD card for your beautiful daughter is gorgeous ! LOVE it ! I've admired that cute image from IO and it's perfect with the papers & bow that you used. You are patient with gluing down all the rhinestones, I'm sure this card is even more fab in 'real' ! Enjoy the day ! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 16th birthday to your sweet daughter, Ellen! Love how you created your ladybug paper background! Such a cute image and as always your coloring is amazing! Paul McCartney...you lucky girls! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh this card is so cute! I love ladybugs too. Happy Day to Katie-Bug! lol. Did you buy her a car? OMGosh you are the best Mom ever! Looks so cold in the snow, but fun. Glad you guys had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lady bug card is as cute as can be. Hope Katie had a great birthday. (Like how could she not)? How exciting to get a new car for her 16th birthday. I bet seeing Sir Paul was great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. El dahling, you had me at hello with this perfectly adorable card for your sweet 16 daughter. it's just delightful. Now this is the kind of card that brings a smile to everyone's face. I hope you and Katie had a great time watching that old man on stage. Let's face it; he's not like he used to be is he my friend? This is a major milestone in a child's life or should I say an adult's life. I'm so happy for her to have you as a mom and a generous mom at that. I never had a car of my own until I married! Love and hugs, my friend. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ellen, happy birthday to your daughter, better late than never. What a beautiful card you made for her, the ladybug is so cute!
    Lovely photo's and a great present she got, a birthday she will never forget!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!