Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 16 November 2012

I Love You Because.....How to Make a Grown Man Cry


This project is so easy to make that a 3 year old made this! My baby brother turns 42 today. Oh, do I feel old!  I got the idea for this on Pinterest.

I gave my 3 year old niece Stella an old frame and she painted it with Rangers Distress Broken China Crackle Paint and I sprayed it with Krylon Matte Sealer.  Since she loves painting so much, when I wasn't looking she painted a few spots with the crackle paint again....we learned that it doesn't crackle when applied over the sealer~who knew.  we just left it that way because this is her project. She painted the cardboard in the back of the frame with chalkboard paint.  She ran some scrap paper through the Vagabond with some Sizzix letter die cuts and punched a heart from Shimmery red card stock.  She put all the glue on the backs of the letters and I helped her position them before she stuck them to the chalkboard. The heart was popped up with a pop dot.  We play school every day and she has been working very hard practising her printing.  I think she did a great job printing why she loves her Dad!
She was pretty proud and excited to give this to her Daddy!


 I think he loved it because my brother had tears a big as horse turds running down his face!
I thought this was a cool project because you could erase it and write something different each day but my brother is really sentimental (hmmm wonder where he gets that from~LOL) and asked if I could spray it so it would stay like that forever.


I am entering this in the Allsorts Challenge ~ It's a gift
 
  On another note I want to thank my sweet friend Sonia from Passioni di carta for the wonderful surprise I found in the mail!!  Your heart is a big as the ocean!  I am so spoiled!!! I love her cards and the way she uses feathers!!  There was a gorgeous pair of earrings as well that are not in the photo but I was wearing them. So many fabulous things in one package!! Thank you!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!
Ellen

22 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully fun and oh so cool project!! I may have to give this a go with the rugrats as it seems like a really easy fun project! Thanks for such awesome inspiration.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous idea love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww This is so beautiful. Such a great idea and a special gift to treasure.
    Really cheered me up to see those wonderful photos too.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift Ellen, I'm not surprised your brother shed some tears and your niece looks so proud - such a lovely idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely project you little niece made Ellen! I'm sure your brother will treasure this!
    And what a wonderful surprise you get from Sonia, it looks great!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my beautiful friend,first of all,fabulous project/gift for her daddy from your gorgeous and sweet niece^_^
    Second thanks for your words for me,you touched me^_^ Thanks a lot my dearest friend^_^
    Have a wonderful day^_^
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost have tears in my eyes too! What a treasure this is!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, this is precious, precious, precious and so is your sweet niece - a wonderful way to share your art with her and your family, and create a great memory - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...what a wonderful gift for your brother, Ellen! You are such a sweet auntie to help your niece make this adorable project for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh what a great story and she is so adorable, I love this! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy smokes, girl, this is perfect. I love the last photo of stella and Larry. Yup, you finally figured out how to make a grown mail cry I see. What a great idea. When Larry goes into a nursing home 89 or 90 years from now, I bet if I were to unpack his suitcase, this wonderful gift will be right on top. Over and out, El dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great and beautiful suprise thats bin given to you Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwwwww, this is just the sweetest, Ellen. I am sure I have told you that age three is my favorite. Stella has to be the most darling little niece and I know you are enjoying her to pieces. What a sweet project you helped her with and what a way to make a brother and a daddy 'over the moon' happy. I love it and the photos. Glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and I meant to say what a nice package to receive from Sonia. She is a sweetie and is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh what a sweet project and story. . .I'm not going to lie but I got teary eyed when I saw the picture of them where she is hugging him. . .OMGosh where are the tissues when you need 'em???? LOL Thanks for sharing this very touching post. Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely idea. Thanks for joining our its a gift challenge at allsorts this week, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Эллен, какой прекрасный сюрприз ты получила от Сони, поздравляю!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so sweet and Stella looks so happy to give her daddy this special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing idea and it certainly brings a lump to your throat! This photograph is gorgeous too! Thankyou for joining in with the Allsorts Challenge this week! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Ellen, you are just the cleverest and look what joy it created 3 times over.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My daughter found your valentine card on Pinterest and asked me to make her one. I have put it on my blog today with a link back to your blog with a picture of the original. I am not entering it anywhere but wanted to show the different approach but still the same. Its such fun to case a card and yours was such a lovely one to case. My daughter loves the finished card. thanks so much..
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!