Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

One Hydrangea ~ Two Ways..Prismas and Copics


  Hello Friends,


 Today I have two clean and simple cards to share using one of my all time favorite stamps.... Impression Obsession's  Dried Hydrangea L6001.  I colored this one with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol and added some rhinestones to the center of the blossoms.  Using a Black Soot Distress marker I colored directly on Impression Obsession' s Precious Treasure B13027 only the word friendship.  I love these new IO Flag Dies -DIE015-F !  They layer up so nicely !! I did some sponging with  Antique Linen Distress Ink and Memento Bamboo Leaves on the card stock and some Memento Rose Bud on the ribbon.  A very simple card!


I inked up the Hydrangea with Antique Linen and stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping the inside of the card. Nice and lightly inked so whatever I write in the card will still be easily read.

I am entering this in the Forever Friends ~ Anything Goes  challenge.

Here is the second card.....

 
I do love how differently one image can look just with the medium of choice and colors!  This is the same Hydrangea colored with Copics.  This is a blatant case of a card I made last year, but I needed a 90th birthday card in a hurry and seem to have very little time. I added some pearls, Sizzix Die Cut numbers and a tiny baby blue gingham bow.  The Cuttlebug Corners have been cut down to fit my card.  This is such a fun stamp to color!


I am entering this card in the....
Craft Us Crazy ~ Favorite Color and/or Holiday Theme  challenge. My favorite color is blue (this month~LOL).

I am entering both of these cards in Scrapbooker's Paradise - Case yourself. 

  Thanks for stopping by and have a most marvelous day!

Ellen


21 comments:

  1. Both of the card's are gorgeous I love both colour ways. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh these are both so beautiful, love the images and your fabulous coloring and card designs. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!! Stunning cards Ellen. I love Hydrangeas, that is a a lovely image of them and your colouring is amazing. Your layouts are just perfect.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw ellen such a wonderfull card!!!
    Absolutely love the stamp!
    Gorgeous coloring and wonderfull details on both cards!

    Love from belgium ;)
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. CIAO ELLEN, BELLISSIMA QUESTA ESPLOSIONE DI FIORI...

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen, well these maybe 'clean' but certainly not 'simple' with your gorgeous colouring ! Love both of these beautiful cards. I'm a little partial to Prisma Pencils, I enjoy using mine :) Have a great day ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, la, la...these are gorgeous cards and you did a spectacular job coloring those hydrangeas.
    BTW, you could enter the Scrapbooker's Paradise challenge to case one of your own cards. http://scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com/search/label/PPSC My friend, Emily, is guest designing there this week. I wanted to enter but no time..short week for me. You can do cards or scrapbook pages, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SENSATIONAL!!! I love both of these cards but my heart belongs to the one in blue (since that's my favorite color)! Beautiful coloring on both.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow stunning cards and gorgeous stamp Ellen.
    Love hydrangeas have several in my garden.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards Ellen, very beautiful coloring!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both card beautifully coloured!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why this is one of your favourite stamps - it's gorgeous, I love both cards, they are beautifully coloured.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Wonderful cards my lovely friend:)
    These gorgeous flowers are very beautiful and Your colouring is stunning:)
    I like a lot both colors ways:)
    Have a sweet day dearest Ellen:)
    Big big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Land sakes, your hydrangeas are STUNNING, Ellen! I especially love the vibrant blue. I really like how you watermarked the image on the inside so you can still write your note without it taking up space. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So stunning! I love, love your coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that Angela gave us the prompt, I've been CASEing myself all week. Boy, does it ever take the decision-making down to a minimum! I absolutely LOVE your colouring - and I think those layered banners just got added to my wishlist. How fun are those? Thanks so much for playing in Paradise with us this week, Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty cards Ellen, these are colored beautifully. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both so pretty, and the colouring is spectacular. Thanks for Playing in Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What justice you did with that stamp. The cards are absolutely outstanding. Did I say spectacularly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the simple elegance of these cards and your coloring is off the charts.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the image and your fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Forever friends monthly.
    X - Natalie - X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!