Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 28 January 2013

Queenie and Princess



Hello Friends!

I am feeling much better.  Thanks for all your well wishes.  I will be gradually catching up on what you have all been up to and getting to the overwhelming amount of emails in my in boxes.  I arrived home from CHA and the Copic Color and Ink Workshop and jumped right back into the frenzy of Musical Theatre again.  I will be back this week to share my take on these events but in the mean time I have a card to share.....



 This Saturated Canary image reminds me of my sweet niece Stella who has great big eyes. What a fun image to color and I sure need the practise coloring!  I stamped it again so I could cut out and adhere the crown for a little bit of added dimension and added some bling...we all need are bling, right!  The cardstock edges sponged and I die cut a Spellbinders Circle in the Concord layer and put the image behind it. 

Little Stella's favorite colors are pink and purple so I added some blinged pink Cheery Lynn Designs Die cut corners and pink shimmery Ribbon.


Here are the I Copics used.....

Princess~
Skin-YR00, E11, E21, R20
Eyes-B12
Hair-E50-Y21-Y24
Shoes/Dress-V12, V15, V17, C00, C1, C3

Queenie~
Skin-YR00, E11, E21, R20
Eyes-YG25, G24
Hair-YR00, Y24, E15, E09
Dress-R81, R83, R85

Sky/Grass-YG23, G24, G48, W1, B0000, B000, B00


I am entering this card in the following challenges.....

Cards Galore~ Anything Goes

Creative Craft Challenges2~ Bling it Up

Divas by Design~Fairytales


Thanks for stopping by  and have a fabulous day!

Ellen



Supplies~
Stamps~Saturated Canary-Queenie and Princess, JustRite Tag Making Kit (sentiment)

Ink~ Copics, Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Bud, Dusty Concord Distress Ink

Paper~X Press, Cotton Candy, Concord
Accessories~Cheery Lynn Designs Lace Corner Die, Spellbinders Circle Die, Sponge, Rhinestones, Word Window Punch, Pink Ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon May Club 

21 comments:

  1. Hi my beautiful friend^_^ I missed you so much my dear^_^
    Your card is absolutely fabulous,this image is just gorgeous and details are fantastic^_^
    Big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big big HUG ^_^
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen, I'm happy that you're feeling better!
    Gorgeous card, lovely image!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, love the black surround and how the image jumps out at you from the aperture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, It's good to know you are feeling better, I've been wondering how you are and also your thoughts on CHA :) Your card is beautiful & so is your colouring of the adorable image. I was happy to see something from your blog pop up! Take it easy ! Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back ellen.

    super cute image and great coloring.
    beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очень красивая и нежная открыточка!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card with gorgeous coloring. Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenge: Bling It Up
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, happy to hear you're feeling better. Hope CHA was a blast! This is so sweet...as always your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.Happy to know you are feeling better. Your card is fabulous and your coloring is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool card! Love the black which makes the beautifully colored image just pop right off the page!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable and your coloring is fabulous, I love the great design and the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really nice card!

    Greets Esther

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellen, it is so good to see you back and to hear you are finally well. This card is so cute and you have colored it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute image with the big-eyed girls and you have colored it so well. Glad you're well and back to the things you love. This is such an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ellen! so sorry you were SO sick! I bet the Copics class AND CHA were just super - and I'm glad you could still go - love how you have colored this sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card, Ellen! It's good to see you back and hear that you are finally feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ellen...I'm so sorry you have been sick...glad you are back in the swing of things!!! I sure wish I could have gone to CHA this year...how wonderful you got to take the Copic classes!!! Your coloring looks fabulous on this adorable image and I love the fancy die cut corners...absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet--and your coloring is perfect, Ellen!! I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Pneumonia sounds awfully scary.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry you were feeling yucky! That's a total bummer, no matter when it pops up. (Or I guess, you actually droop down, huh?) So you've certainly made up for absence it seems! Your coloring is marvelous ... and the card is so 'happy'! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely card sweetie well done!!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Привет, Эллен! Поздравляю с выздоровлением и возвращением к творчеству, будешь и далее нас радовать своими работами! Открытка чудесная, замечательная работа по раскрашиванию штампа! Желаю успехов и много здоровья!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!