Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Magic Jelly Beans and an Easter Card




Hello Friends!

I finally got a chance to play with some of my new goodies and just in time for Easter! Wahoo!! 

Scroll farther down for a really fun and magical Easter project for the little ones!

I stamped IO's Crochet Doily H13099 with Tsukeniko Memento Desert Sand on white card stock and cut it out with a Spellbinders Circle.  IO's Happy Easter B5542 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I was so happy to play with these new dies Bunny Set-DIE043-G  and Spiral Flowers Die042-1~I cut a bunch of bunnies and flowers out of scraps  and sponged the whites with  Memento Desert Sand, the yellows with Memento Cantaloupe, the pinks with Memento Angel Pink, the purples with Memento Lulu Lavender and the blues with Memento Summer Sky.  I created a frame with the bunnies and flowers. I popped it up over Paperteys' Happy Spots patterned paper and  pretty lacy border from the Border Duo 2 Die Set and added some Celebrate it pink ribbon as well as Some Kaiser Rhinestones. As an after thought some Stardust Stickles was added to the flower centers and some Stardust Stickles glitter sprinkled over the stickles while it was stick wet.


Yesterday little Stella wanted to do a craft .....

I got the idea from my friend Shauna last week and knew I just had to do this with the kids!! Stella calls this "The Magic Jelly Bean Craft".

She started out by painting a couple small Terra cotta pot a solid color and sponging just a bit of green acyclic paint around the bottom.   I pulled out the Impression Obsession dies and the Vagabond and let her go to town. She cut some bunnies - Bunny Set-DIE043-G and some grass with Grass Border Die060-I and did a little sponging and adhered them to the pots.



 She added some "Magical" glitter to some potting soil...... we just used dollar store glitter instead of the good stuff.......



She stirred it up really well........




Filled her pots........



Planted some "Magic" jelly beans.........


She had to wait over night to see what would happen.  While she was asleep, I dumped the glittered soil out, washed the pot out really well and filled it with jelly beans and Easter suckers.  She was so surprised and full of wonderment when she first saw what had grown while she slept~It is so much more fun spending the time with the kids than just making them an Easter candy bouquet! You can tell by the smile on her face that this was her favorite Easter activity........

I am entering these in the following challenges........

Crafts and Me~Pretty in Pink 
Anything But a Card~ Anything Springy or Alice in Wonderland 

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!
Ellen






18 comments:

  1. OMGosh how adorable, I love the circling bunnies and the cute dp and design. The pots are such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the bunny frame and the doily. The pots' idea is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. El dahling, where do I begin? Your card is so imaginative and pretty, but I have to say I was mightily taken with Ms. Stella's beautiful blue eyes, beautiful skin and a perfect smile. your project was grand by all accounts, but when she woke up and saw lollipops had grown .... oh my goodness. What wonderful fun you guys have over there in Lacombe! Wish I was there to share in this fun and happy environment and take my own photos! Love and lots of hugs, Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simpaticissimi questi coniglietti, divertenti i porta caramelle. Non c'e' niente di piu' bello di un sorriso di un bambino.
    Ti auguro un buon fine settimana
    Ciao da Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Ellen. I love the cute bunnies hopping around the edge of the sentiment and the colours are beauiful.
    The magic jelly beans idea is just wonderful and Stella looks delighted to see what has grown over night!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Ellen ! Your Easter card is so pretty, love that Doily Stamp. The Magic Easter Pots are so amazing, they bring a smile to my face and I'm a 'few' years older than the happy face on your blog. What a wonderful idea, so creative. Great work! Happy Easter my friend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable with the bunnies hopping all over and I love the doily. I have to tell you that Stella stole the show with that smile. What a fun idea and I'm betting there will be more people doing this fun craft with their little ones in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A darling Easter card! I love the Magic Jelly Bean pot! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, Ellen...love your bunny card! All the cute colored bunnies around the doily...great design! And secondly, Stella is just too cute for words...love the magic jelly bean idea...but probably not quite as much as she did :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Эллен, ого сколько зайчиков на пасхальной открытке, салфетка очень красивая! Какое забавное и чудесное создание ростков в горшочках, Стелла ОЧЕНЬ ДОВОЛЬНА!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen, this is the sweetest, happiness post! You are bringing smiles to all your readers with this one!! Happy, Happy Easter and I love your bunnies chasing each other around your card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute and lovely card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi my sweet friend^_^
    What a fabulous project for children,very creative and happy^_^
    Your card is terrific,Fantastic doily stamp,very elegant^_^ and adorable little bunnies^_^
    Have a beautiful happy Easter weekend^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, Ellen!!! I just love your adorable card with all the little diecut bunnies but the Easter project with your darling little Stella is fabulous!!! What a precious little girl and I would have loved to see her sweet face the next morning when she saw all the jelly beans....she will remember that for years to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! This is adorable!!!! Making me wish I had little ones again! What a fun craft! Your card is gorgeous! I love the bunnies going around in a circle! Fabulous post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I LOVE your 'magical' jelly beans! Such cute little flower pots and a fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh good gravy, you are really, really GOOD! What a fantastical surprise for little Stella. Sweetest story on earth and the eye candy is pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!