Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 25 March 2013

The Magic Of Oz and How to Stamp on Fabric




Hello Friends!

I have some thank you cards for some of the kids from musical theatre to share. I whipped up these cards rather quickly using Graphic 45's Magic of Oz paper pad.

This paper was perfect as it had images of Glinda the Good Witch, Wicked Witch of the West, The Tin Man, The Scarecrow, The Cowardly Lion,Toto and of course Dorothy.  These layouts and designs are all rather  similar which makes mass producing go a lot faster! Some of them have been sponged with Ranger's Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and all of the green paper has been sponged with Memento Tuxedo Bamboo Leaves.  Glinda's dress has some Cotton Candy Stickles and Dorothy's ruby slippers and hair bows have Xmas Red Stickles added as well as the Cowardly Lion's bows.  The Tin Man has Ranger's Glossy accents added to him.











The last card pictured above is the only one with stamping. I used Impression Obsession's Cover-A-Card Music CAC029 for the background stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and the sentiment is  from Graphic 45 Magic of Oz Set.

Here is a little Muslin treat bag.....

Here is how to stamp and color on fabric.....

~Iron the fabric on super low heat if there are any wrinkles for a smooth flat surface.

~Place a barrier between the fabric- I just used copy paper.

~Stamp your image using Tsukineko VersaCraft Ink (this is the best ink for stamping on fabric)- I used          
the Dorothy image from Graphic 45 Magic of Oz.

~Starting in the center of your image use a dabbing or tapping motion to apply ink.  This allows the ink    to wick out to the edges.- I used Copic markers here. 

~Use a flicking motion to help blend the ink.

~You can use your heat tool to dry the ink quickly to avoid bleeding.

~Move to another area to allow ink to dry completely before adding additional layers of ink or shading.

I doodled in a yellow brick road using a Copic Sepia multiliner.   These bags are very inexpensive and make great personalized gift bags.  Here is a link to where you can purchase them......Muslin Bags

I learned how to do this from Sherrie Siemens in the Copic Color and Ink Workshop. It was one of my favorite things in the class!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

13 comments:

  1. Hi my lovely dearest friend^_^
    All the cards and the bag are fantastic,beautiful images and gorgeous colors and papers^_^
    I'm very happy to see you and your creations on blogland^_^
    Have a sweet week^_^
    Huge hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ellen stunning cards you have made and a great bag.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is SO perfect for all of your Wizard of Oz cards Ellen! what wonderful creations! Love the stamped bag (right up my alley!) and also all of the beautiful pics in your post below of the wonderful young actors in your play! You must be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects!Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dahling, will you just look at how gorgeous and perfect that G45 paper is for your thank you cards! Yikes, how amazing and then to have created great designs that are way cool for the paper and the play. Wow, you sure know how to bring things together just like a pro. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super! Your paper was perfect for your musical theatre group and the cards and bag turned out fabulous. The sponging added so much. Thanks for the info on stamping and coloring on fabric. You're the best...and so talented!
    Have a splendid week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, love how all the cards came together! Each one so special in its own way! Love the bag and your instructions on how to work with fabric!

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card designs Ellen, just shows that you don't have to stamp to be creative! I love that Graphic 45 pad, I almost bought it the first time I came across it but told myself "NOT Allowed". Perfect for your thank you cards for the Wizard of Oz Play! Hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh, I totally forgot I had this paper and the stamps, lol. I'm loving all the fabulous designs and may have to case one or two of them, lol. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao Ellen, bellissime queste card, molto bella la carta che hai usato, uno dei miei film preferiti
    Ciao da Ale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome cards and I love everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your cards are beautiful, Ellen...I love the papers and all the fabulous designs!!!! I can't believe I have that paper and it hasn't been touched once...shame on me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Work it girl! These are totally gorgeous and am extremely impressed with your muslin bag and fabric paint. How in the world you find the energy immediately after musical theatre is beyond me, but then again ... you are super woman! Hear you roar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!