Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 8 April 2013

All-Purpose Ink, Blog Candy And A Tutorial



  

                         
Hello Friends!

I received a few emails over the weekend with lots of questions about how to use the Tsukineko Frost White All-Purpose Ink.  Cathy asked if I would do a video, however I am tech challenged so here is a pictorial for you.  Using All-Purpose Ink is such a quick and simple way to add shimmer quickly with no fuss or mess and you can make cheap paper look like a million bucks! This is only one way of using this product.  It can also be used on other porous surfaces such as wood, fabric, leather and more.This card is very shimmery in real life but it was all photographed  in the middle of the night with no natural lighting.



I die cut 2 Impression Obsession Fancy Butterfly DIE059-N twice, one in black and once in cream. reserving the left overs pieces for another project.   I sponged Memento Danube Blue ink on the solid butterfly.



I rubbed some Memento Bamboo Leaves directly  on a craft sheet  and picked the ink up with a sponge dauber.



I sponged the ink onto the die cut.




Using a Tsukineko Brushstix  I added some Memento Lulu Lavender ink in a few spots.



Using a sponge dauber I put a thin coat of All-Purpose Ink over it. This dries really quickly. Then  layered the  the black detailed die cut over top.



Here it is the same butterfly die cut using a different color palette.....

Starting with yellow cardstock just add memento Love Letter ink using a flicking motion, making sure to leave some yellow highlights.



Add a thin coat of All-Purpose Ink.



Adhere the top layer of the butterfly....

I also added some to the other elements of my card....




This  Impression Obsession Fancy Butterfly Die DIE059-N and Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink are two of my favorite crafting products.  So I have some to share with you.......

 This blog candy is only for my bloglovin' and Networked Blogs followers.  Google friend connect is going away July 1st.  If you would like a chance to win these for yourself just leave me a comment in this post and let me know how you follow me..  I will draw a name Monday April 15th using Random Org Generator.  Good Luck!!



I am entering this in the following challenges.....

Shopping Our Stash- Specialty Paper
Moving Along with The Times- Let's Get Crafty
Loves Rubber Stamps- Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts-Leap into Spring

Thanks for stopping by and have a most wonderful day!
Ellen

Supplies
Ink~Memento Inks-Bamboo Leaves,Lulu Lavender, Danube Blue, Love Letter, Tuxedo Black 

Stamps~ Impression Obsession- Love You C8558

Accessories~Impression Obsession Fancy Butterfly Die DIE059-N and Butterfly Set-DIE046-A, Scor-pal, rhinestones, Spellbinders Ovals & Scalloped Ovals, Brushstix, Sponge Daubers, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Black Velvet Ribbin, Pop Dots,

27 comments:

  1. I'm following you on Bloglovin!Thank you for the chance to win, love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, thanks so much for this great tutorial! I just LOVE all the IO dies (and stamps too) and it's great to see what you can do with the butterfly die and that ink. Made a beautiful and lovely card.
    I follow you through my Blog Dashboard (um...think that's different than Google Reader but actually don't know for sure).
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous and elegant card Ellen.
    that butterfly is beautiful.
    I follow you on bloglovin I have addit all my followers there.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Ellen (and the post below this) thanks for sharing how to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, what a wonderful tutorial...thanks so much! That IO butterfly die is so pretty, no wonder it's one of your faves! I'm going to try out the bloglovin too...I'm also technically challenged :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous tutorial Ellen, The end result is stunning.
    I am following you with Bloglovin, thank you for the chance to win
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Ellen… what a beautiful butterfly… the colours are so pretty… and I love the embossing and little butterflies! your tutorial is fab! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, I think I have that All Purpose Ink and never used it. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. Your butterfly and card are totally beautiful.
    For sure, I'm following you already on Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the tip on using white API on embossed surface for shimmer! your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ух ты какая строгость и бабочка красивая получилась!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful and I am so going to try that all purpose ink, thanks for the fabulous tutorial! And Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ellen, popping by to say hello, beautiful butterfly again and what looks like a great detail tutorial. I'm so tired tonight will have to come back for a 2nd look later to take it in! I follow you the 'old fashioned' way :) Cheers, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful. Love the distressed butterfly. Thank you for joining in at Loves Rubber stamps Challenge this week. Hope to see you next week.
    Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love that butterfly and the details you put into it! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous butterfly card my dearest beautiful friend^_^
    I like your tutorial,every time very useful^_^
    Have a lovely day^_^
    Huge hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi just found your blog,love this card simple but elegent.
    Smiles
    Ita in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! All the work and detail you put into this card really paid off. Stunning work! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bloglovin! Thanks for the tutorial - I will have to go and find some of that ink now!! Enabling......

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for giving this step by step tutorial (much better than a video anyway). I loved your IO card so I am glad you showed us how to make the butterfly. I don't have this die yet but it is on my wishlist. I have looked at bloglovin and will try to figure it out...I always come over to see your work from the IO challenges and then look at what else you have been up to. Thanks again for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful butterfly card and tutorial.

    regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Эллен, спасибо за твой мастер-класс, интересная техника! Очень хочу выиграть твою сладость-Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty and thanks for the tutorial!! Might have to be gettin me some of this stuff.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ellen, oh Ellen!! Oh how I love the way you've created such a gorgeous butterfly! What a beautiful technique you've shared! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice, but it left me wіth a lot of extгa time Тuеsday thru Friday that ӏ couldn't figure out how to fill. Great candles can be purchased on-line through Yankee candle, party-lite, gold canyon, and home interiors at a variety of price ranges, and delivered to your door or office. Ashland is not open to the public, but group tours can be arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for share..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!