Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Frosted Fancy Butterfly Gift Set




Hello Friends!

I hope Spring has arrived wherever you are!  Impression Obsession's Challenge this week is Springtime Fun .  It's always a happy day when the butterflies arrive in the spring. 


The background has been watermarked with Cover A Card - Crumpled Lace CC144  using Tsukineko Versamark, then I sponged Frost WhiteTsukineko All Purpose Ink randomly over ink and around the edges. I embossed Butterfly Kisses B8691 with Versafine Black Onyx.



To create the frosted look of the butterfly I die cut the -Fancy Butterfly DIE059-N twice, once in yellow and once in black.  Saving the extra 2 pieces for another project.  On the yellow butterfly I sponged Rangers Fired Brick Red Distress Ink, leaving some yellow to show through and sponged on some Frost All Purpose Ink all over it.  This created a very soft shimmery frosted look. I attached the black butterfly using a Creative Imaginations Pearl Brad that was a gift from my sweet friend Benzi~Thanks Benz!!! I popped it up over 2 Leafy Branch DIE055-N, linen thread and a Wilton Doily. Adding a ZVA Creative to finish it off.



I have replaced all the Scentsy wax melting pots in my house with Essential Oil Nebulizers because they clean the air of dust particles and make my house smell fabulous at the same time.  As a bonus it is far more economical.  I bought this Aroma Qube for a friend of mine but it was plain and boring so I prettied it up to match the card.  I usually buy my oils HERE, so much cheaper than buying it in a store.

I am also entering this in the following challenges.....
CCEE Stampers~Things With Wings


Wishing you all a happy day! Thanks for stopping by!
Ellen


Supplies~ 
Stamps~
Butterfly Kisses B8691,  Cover A Card - Crumpled Lace CC144 
Accessories~
Impression Obsession Dies-Fancy Butterfly DIE059-NLeafy Branch DIE055-N, Wilton Doily, ZVA Creations pearl Flourish, Creative Imaginations Brad, Pop Dots, Sponge, Tsukineko Brushstix, Linen Thread, Kaiser Adhesive Pearls, Black Marker
Paper~
Papertrey
Ink~
Tsukineko All Purpose Ink Frost White, Versafine Black Onyx, Rangers, Fired Brick Distress Ink, Adirondack Peach Bellini, Versamark



25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your 'winged thing' card and Aroma Qube are sooooooooo gorgeous. I love your watermarked bg an the orange-y color is fab. Glad you could use that pearl. It looks awesome on the butterfly.
    I'm so glad you joined us at CCEE Stampers this week, too. Great to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, your card and gift box are just outstanding! How elegant and feminine!! Beautiful. Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful gift set Ellen, love the butterflies.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gift set, love the colors and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set Ellen! The colours of the card are beautiful and of course match your gift set so perfectly! I've been working outside today, Yay! Still snow hanging around, but I can find the shrubs for pruning. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning girlfriend! Heading out the door, will call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and gift box Ellen. I love the butterflies and the colours are wonderful.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gift set!!! So lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen, this is so lovely. I especially love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a butterfly this week. It was the first of the year. Your butterflies are so pretty, especially against the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh this is so beautiful! I love the colors and the fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'm glad I stopped by to admire your beautiful winged creation since it served to also give me a reminder about the IO challenge :D. The black and coral look just beautiful together. And that Frost All Purpose ink sounds like something I need to take a look at.

    ReplyDelete
  13. El dahling, this is positively amazing! Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Эллен, очень красивая открытка и красиво оформила подарок! Бабочка замечательная!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ellen, I love the effect you got with the Frost White Ink...that's so pretty! Love the colors you've used on the butterflies...gorgeous! What lovely packaging for your gift! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the design and all the fun embellishments you added along the way! And thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! Love the frosted butterfly and what a great idea to start with yellow card stock and color it with distress ink. Great final effect. Great gift set! Hope you are doing well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card Ellen!! Love the colors and pretty butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good afternoon my dearest sweet friend^_^
    This projects are really wonderful, very beautiful butterflies and colors used^_^
    When is your birthday?
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are amazing! The way the focus is placed on that stunning butterfly is fabulous. The gift box is gorgeous, the card is simply WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your background and your superb butterfly. The brad is a clever touch !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card and box look so beautiful! I love how you did the background and the butterfly is a big wow! Love how you constructed the butterfly. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, these cards are gorgeous. Thanks, for sharing how you made the beautiful butterfiles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunningly beautiful set!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!