Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 15 April 2013

International Uptown Girls And A Winner



Hello Friends!

My very sweet young friend Ashten and her friend Katie are off to England to do good in the world for a few months.  This is the card I made for Ashten.  This Stamping Bella image called Uptown Girl Molly Takes A Detour was perfect for the occasion.  She was clear embossed with Tsukineko Versafine Vintage Sepia  and Colored with Copics.

Colors used are....
Skin~E50, E51, E53, R20
Hair~E51, E53, E57, E47
Dress and leaves~G40, G43, G46
Suitcases~E70, E74, E77
Journal and Tag~E40
Flowers~BV00, BV02, BV04



Sponged with Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa while still in the die.  Popped up over An A2 Filligree Spellbinders from the Amazing Paper Grace line that has had some green Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon threaded through it.
A little glitter in the center of the flowers from the JustRite True Friends Vintage Labels Four Set. Then the the whole card was sprayed with homemade Tsukineko Frost White Shimmer Spray using All Purpose Ink and Rubbing alcohol.  It is very hard to photograph and capture the shimmer but it is has a pretty soft shimmer to it.  Of course I had to add some rhinestones.

Ashten and Katie came over to make a quick  and simple journal before they left yesterday on their adventure.

 

We used the same image and die cuts as the card for the focal point and Hero Arts International Skyline along the bottom.  I did mine in Kraft and stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. At CHA in January I tried a fabulous product that I had never tried before called Goosebumps Clear Texture Spray by Tsukineko at the Imagine Crafts Booth.  I am so glad I got myself a bottle!  I sprayed it on the cover of the journal after stamping and sponged rich Cocoa ink over it and what a texture it is!  I love the feel  and look of the cover after spraying!  It resists the ink and has given it a worn look. Love this new to me product!!  We punched a scalloped edge on the spine and added more rhinestones.
Here is Ashten and Katie with their journals. They used Versafine Black Onyx and Homemade Frost White All Purpose Ink Spray on theirs. I do wish photographs could capture the shimmer but my photography skills are lacking greatly!  Wishing you girls a happy and safe adventure while you are out saving the world!!!

On another note......
Today is the day for the blog candy winner.....
 My Blog Candy Ends April 15/13

 Drum roll please.........


 #2 was jimlynn. She said..... 

ReplyDelete
Ellen, thanks so much for this great tutorial! I just LOVE all the IO dies (and stamps too) and it's great to see what you can do with the butterfly die and that ink. Made a beautiful and lovely card.
I follow you through my Blog Dashboard (um...think that's different than Google Reader but actually don't know for sure).
Lynn

Lynn, email me your address to ellentaylor38@yahoo.ca  and I will pop this in the mail! 

I am entering this in the following challenges...

Thanks for stopping by! Your visits and comments make my day!!
Ellen

16 comments:

  1. wow very beautiful card Ellen that spellbinder is gorgeous.
    great journal books your friends have.

    congratulations to the winner and Ellen thank you for given it.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous card and fabulous journals! Wishing the girls well on their journey! Your coloring on the card is so pretty and I can SEE the shimmer on the journal in one of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and journals. Love the die set you've used to - one more to add to my list.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with the black decorative background! Love the sweet girl image and pretty ribbon, too! Sweet beautiful journals, also! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card!!!!! LOVE the way your framed out that image on the card and the journals are beautiful!! Stunning creations!!

    So excited about winning your blog candy too and will e-mail you!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Your card is stunning Ellen. I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and the framing looks amazing. The sparkle you have added looks so pretty.
    I love the journals too made with the same gorgeous image.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers....what a beautiful card and I can see the shimmer. It is over the top gorgeous. I see the Goosebumps spray on the journal, too. How awesome your friends are going to do good in the world. We can use more people like that. I know you all had fun.

    Congrats to jimlynn on winning your blog candy. She will have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beautiful filigree frame is perfect for this lovely young lady! Wonderful coloring on her! And the journals are beautiful and I hope will be full of reminders of wonderful experiences when they return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and love the greens and blacks together! The journals look amazing and glad you had a great time.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card and gorgeous elements on it^_^
    Big hug my beautiful friend^_^
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Эллен, открытка чудесная, очень понравилось обрамление! Только так и не поняла-это тиснение или вырубка ножом?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous coloring on your card Ellen - and what wonderful journals you all created! fun techniques on these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - love them so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats jimlynn...enjoy your new goodies! Fab coloring, girl! Love that Spellbinder's die you've used to frame your gorgeous image! Love the journals too...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! What a great project to share with your friends. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so adorable, love the framing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!