Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

For The Brilliant Grad


Hello Friends!

I love it when a card comes together quickly!  This is a graduation 
card for a brilliant young lady that is dear to my heart, using her school colors.

I really like this set from  JustRite by Amazing Paper Grace called Just The Right Words!  I stamped the perfect sentiment for the occasion in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I mounted the sentiment over a Spellbinders Shapeabilities Frame One and embellished it with some My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses Die-namics as well as some greenery made with Martha Stewart Punches.  I used my stylus to add some veins to the leave and sponged some Memento Bamboo Leaves ink over them. I added some pretty rhinestones to the centers of the roses.   I finished it of with a piece of scrap card stock rolled up and tied with some scrap ribbon and a Maya Road pin.  All in all a pretty simple card to make!


I am entering this card in the following challenges.........
Die Cuttin Divas~Anything Goes 
Love To Create~Punches and or Dies 
Wag's n Whiskers~Flowers 
Pile It On~May Flowers
Stampin with the Dragon~Spring Has Sprung 
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamps~ Embossing 
Playing in Paradise~Springtime JOy 
Stamp and Create~Use at least one die 

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen



Supplies~
Stamps~ JustRite Amazing Paper Grace -Just The Right Words
Ink~ Memento - Tuxedo Black,
Accessories~ Spellbinders Shapeablilities Frame One, MFT Mini Rolled Roses, Martha Stewart Punches (Greenery), EK Success Eyelet Border Punch, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Pop Dots, Red Satin Ribbon, Rhinestones

27 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is stunning Ellen. I really love the design, gorgeous colours and a fabulous sentiment.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Чудесная очень праздничная и яркая открытка!
    Поздравляю с победой-http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.ca/2013/04/gewinner-challenge-232.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ellen, I love the embossed background and the stunning flowers. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really made a beauty here, Ellen. I just saw this card over on SCS and thought it was over the top gorgeous. How sweet to tuck in that little diploma and pin. The ribbon is awesome. The grad is going to LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! so elegant! thanks for playing with "My Heart Peaces" this week! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gorgeous card Ellen, beautiful done.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, I'm just amazed every time I come over to your blog! Words really can't explain how beautiful this is! Stunning and so elegant. I'm sure the young lady you're giving this to will treasure it always. So beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such a beautiful classy card. Thank You for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Как всегда элегантность!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and elegant. Love the layout and all the beautiful intricate details and texture. Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a stunning card Ellen, such an elegant design and beautifully crafted.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card great design I just love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ellen this card is stunning and I love the colours.
    Smiles
    Ita from Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant grad...brilliant design! Love the scrollwork frame as your backdrop for the gorgeous roses and greenery, Ellen! The diploma and star pin are the perfect embellies...she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is one gorgeous card. Love the beautiful red roses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely STUNNING, and a PERFECT grad card! Love, love, love it! Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy weekend my dear friend^_^
    This card is amazing^_^
    Gorgeous details and dies^_^
    Big hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a daily talent spot on Joanna Sheen Challenge blog^_^
    I'm happy to see you there my sweet friend^_^
    Huge hugs and kisses,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is sooo gorgeous and classy looking, Ellen...the roses are sooo pretty and I love the sentiment!! The foliage, star pin, and the ribbon are such beautiful details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card thanks for playing this week at L.T,C, Sandra dt http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just discovered your blog and all your creations are absolutely gorgeous! Became a follower to so I won't miss any future ones.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing piece of work, Ellen! You are the one that is Brilliant! This is so lovely in it's simplicity. I caught a glimpse of your other card colorings, and you are wonderful at that too! Very talented Lady, for sure!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful graduation card, Ellen! I'm thinking the colors and layout would make a beautiful Christmas card too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and I love how you added the diploma. A great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  27. El dahling, can I ask a favor of you? would you be so kind as to send this card to me? I really really need it. I have a friend in CA that's a master at everything her hands touch. I know she would love this card. It fits her to a T.
    Over and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!