Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 10 May 2013

Glad Grad Girl


Not my best coloring job by any means but it is what it is!  This cute little digital image is by Mo Manning you can find it here......Mo's Digital Pencil - Glad Grad Girl.  She is all colored up with Copic Markers.  This post is all about what not to do~LOL  See her gown and how it looks a little blotchy....this is from adding to much ink at once.  So learn from my mistakes, slow down and cut back on the caffeinated coffee or red wine, whichever the case may be~Giggle.

Copic Colors Used~
Skin~E000-00-11-13, R20
Hair~E43-44-47-9
Cap and Grown~C5-7-9

I very lightly added some clouds on the white cardstock with Tsukineko Memento summer Sky.  They are very subtle and my camera didn't pick it up...again. The label has been die cut a second time with silver mirror paper and cut in half and adhered to the back top and bottom on the back of the black label.

I have had a busy week and am off for the weekend to watch a sweet young friend graduate in Provost.  I will be back Monday to catch up on what you have all been up to.

I am entering this in the following challenges.......
Bronte and Bella~Clean and Simple 
Crafts 4 Eternity~Tic Tac Toe- I used Scraps, Ribbon & Bling 
Simply Create Too~Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy weekend!!
Ellen

 Supplies~
Stamps~Mo's Digital Pencil - Glad Grad Girl
Ink~Printer, Tsukineko Memento Summer Sky
Accessories~ Zva Creations Rhinestone Flourish, Spellbinders JustRite Antiquie Labels One Dies, Sizzix Timeless Types Junior Sizzlets, Black Satin Ribbon from RRR
Paper~PTI, X-press Blend It Card, Silver Mirror, DCWV Glitter Stack

23 comments:

  1. You're way too hard on yourself Ellen! This is actually fabulous!! From here your coloring looks fantastic! Love the bling on here too. She's going to love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great image and your colouring looks fabulous to me! I love the layout and added bling.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen: Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #37 - "Anything Goes". Your graduation card is so pretty.

    Hope to see your creations in all our upcoming challenges too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote's for the coffee...don't cut back on the wine, Ellen! LOL! Love the utter happiness this little image portrays...so cute! Love the layout and your coloring...looks pretty darn good to me! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning last creations my dearest friend^_^
    I love the images and the colours used^_^
    Huge hugs sweety^_^
    Happy weekend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card Ellen, your colouring looks fine to me and I love the fun image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and the coloring is great. I need to make a couple of graduation cards real soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #37 - "Anything Goes".
    A cute graduation card indeed!!

    Divya
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen, please check out this post, you have won a prize at Scrapbookers Paradise.

    http://scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.ca/search/label/PPC

    I need your information to send a prize to you. I did send you an email. Please check your spam box to see if it came.
    Thank You Pam Colosimo DT Coordinator Scrapbookers Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your coloring looks fantastic and black isn't the easiest color to do! Wonderful graduation card and love the image you've used.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun grad card Ellen - she's certainly excited!! Love the Mo image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card captures the joy of graduation! I didn't notice any splotches. Shadows and light maybe, LOL, looks good to me! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! I love the layout and that pretty rhinestone swirl! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a darling graduation card, Ellen...the happy graduate is sooo cute and I love the addition of all the bling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank-you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent job, Ellen! You have perfectly captured the joy of graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ellen this turned out fabulous! Not splotchy from my view! the gown looks so real! Such a happy card- you nailed it on this one!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi again my dear friend^_^
    Only to say 'Hello' and have a beautiful weekend^_^
    When I'll finish my little work I'll send you a gift^_^
    Huge hugs and kisses,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love this graduation card...it's so joyful and happy. Great image!!
    I've been away for about a week and trying to catch up on my commenting.
    Hope you have a great weekend and congrats to the graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I missed this cutey petuty! I think she's awesome and what grad wouldn't love to receive this happy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so Martha Stewart!!! That image is adorable! OMGosh, what a crazy do and one that any grad would cause huge laughter! Over and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!