Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Mom's Garden

 


Hello Friends!

 I love this image!  It makes me think of my adopted Mom who always had tons of oriental poppies taking over her garden.  Good times spent in the gardens with her!!  Thanks to a few gifted seeds, for the last 17 years they fight to take over my garden too~ 

This is my first try at "No Line Copic Coloring".  My eyesight is not that great so there are some mistakes.  I stamped this beautiful Poppy Pair J8956 by Impression Obsession with Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand and colored the leaves, stem and shadow with Copic Markers.  I think most people use a light gray or a lighter shade of the colors you are using but my old eyes and poor lighting wouldn't permit me. Getting old is not for sissies~LOL.   Next I popped up an A2 Filigree Delight  that has been sprayed with homemade Shimmer mist that has been concocted  with Tsukineko Frost White All-Purpose Ink and rubbing alcohol.  I sprayed everything except the image with and it has a gorgeous subtle shimmer that my camera refuses to pick up.  I love how you can make cheap paper look expensive with this product!  I stamped the poppies again with the same ink on some scrap X-press Blend It card stock, coloring only the poppy blossoms and cut them out.  Next time I do this I will color the poppies underneath as well.   The mat layer has some scoring added and ribbon adhered over the corners.

Copics Used~
Poppy~ R21-24-29-3
Leaves and Stems~G40, YG61-67
Background~B0000-000



 I am entering this card in the following challenges.......
Impression Obsession~Bloom Where you Are Planted 
Bearly Mine~Dies and or Punches 
Crafting With Dragonflies~One for The Girls


Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!
Ellen

Supplies~
Stamps~ Impression Obsession - Poppy Pair J8956
Ink~Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand, Copics
Accessories~Tsukineko Frost White All-Purpose Ink, Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight, Pearls, Pop Dots, Ribbon

40 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is stunning! I LOVE those poppies and they are colored beautifully. Awesome colors, too. Your ribbon corners are so elegant, as is the whole card. What a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely beyond gorgeous!! The 'out of the box' technique is wonderful and perfect with your frame and that ribbon. I have some I have saved forever and now I know how to use it!!! What wonderful vibrant colors. Thanks for playing, Ellen, and good luck in the drawing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a beautiful card and gorgeous colouring Ellen it looks so real.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning is an understatement! Your eyes look like they are working just fine with this beautifully colored beauty. Love your sketch, too. A real winner. Bet that API shimmers it up grandly. Sweet!

    Oh and I commented on your last post the other day, but it didn't seem to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No lines???? Yikes! It's beautiful and really pops off the page! They look perfectly real! So lovely!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left you some love on SCS when I saw this card in the gallery, but thought I would pop over for some more beautiful inspiration. What a great collection of work you have. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is an absolute stunner - I HAVE to try no lines! But I guess I'll need to have my close up glasses on hand, from the sounds of it, my eyes aren't what they used to be either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! I have to agree with all your other comments. This is stunning Ellen. I LOVE the image and your colouring is amazing. The layout you have used is perfect to showcase the flowers to their full beauty,
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how very beautiful. You are an expert at colouring. Poppies remind me of my father. I did an acrylic painting of poppies in his memory. It's nice that poppies remind you of your Adopted mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Очень торжественная и стильная открыточка!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Your filigree frame really showcases your poppies beautifully. I love how you used the ribbon on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, Ellen...amazing art here girl! Those poppies are stunning!!! You've certainly mastered this technique! I hear you about the eye sight...have to keep a pair of glasses in my craft room for any "fine work" and coloring...sigh...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the no line poppies and the fabulous framing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They pop beautifully - eyesight or not, your colouring is pretty damn amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies - and a reminder that only followers are eligible for the prizes. Susan (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful and so elegant, the poppies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Ellen ! LOVE the flower, the colour is so rich and it's beautiful in front of the elegant white frame & rich corners. I hope all is well, hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Замечательная, яркая и удивительная открытка! Маки восхищают!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW - this is stunning! Fabulous coloring and a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. El dahling, I haven't the faintest idea how you created this masterpiece, but it certainly is beautiful. I read and reread what you did, but I'm like a kid in neuroscience!Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Breathtaking, Ellen! These flowers are so rich! And the delicate frame is perfect for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning Ellen, your rich red poppies look fabulous against the white background - such an elegant card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and you have colored the flowers beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi my dearest friend,happy Saturday^_^
    What a gorgeous card,beautiful image^_^
    Huge hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creation
    Thank you for joining us at BMC.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just beautiful. I love the colors against all of the white. And I love all the dimension as well. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wouldn't worry about using desert sand ink for this technique as it's completely invisible now ! Gorgeous image and I love the frame and finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally delightful and very very elegant. Looking. I love poppies and have two different plants in my garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Un-freaking-believable ! WOW! I don't really have the words, it's so gorgeous, it kind of leaves me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous and then some more gorgeousness! Your no line coloring looks amazing and I just adore how you've framed up the poppies.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, gorgeous coloring and card design.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very elegant! I love your rich coloring and the surrounding frame! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  32. BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the FUN design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!