Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Smell The Sea Air



Hello Friends!

I hope today finds you all well and happily enjoying the sunshine wherever you are!!  I have been away on a mini vacation~LOL....helping some friends move, threw a fabulous Musical Theatre party for this years cast and crew and got a jump on some of the make and takes for our next Pampered Crafters Retreat.  I think it might take me a while to catch up on my emails and what all my blogging pals have been up to!

This card is for my dear old Dad who loves to be out on the lake as much as possible.   I love this image by Impression Obsession  from Dina Kowal's line~ Sail Collage - H13022!  The sentiment is  called Smell The Sea C13006.   There wasn't much to putting this card together.......

I stamped the image with Tsukineko Memento Nautical Blue on Neenah Classic Crest card stock.  Stamped it again and cut out just the sails and the compass to pop up.  The sails have a few pop dots stacked and piled up under there and the three corners were adhered directly to the first image to give the appearance of  the wind pushing the sails.   I added some shadows to the sails and clouds with Memento London Fog with the Chisel Tip Brushstix.  I seriously love the Brushstix for coloring!!  Using a sponge dauber some Memento Bahama Blue to the water, Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe to the sun and Memento Summer Sky to the sky and the outside of the oval.  The dang quickest card I have colored in a long time! 




I lightly embossed Spellbinders 3D Embossabilities- Shell Beauty.... believe me that took some doing! These are amazing embossing folders...the depth of the embossed images are phenomenal but I wanted a subtle background to keep the image the focal point. The embossed panel was cut into strips and attached to the card base and some plain old ordinary white kitchen string wrapped around it.  I added a real shell and a charm and called it done.  A super quick and simple card to make!!!


I am entering this card in the following challenges......

Use It Tuesday~Use something Old-Anything Goes- My old is~ charm, shell, border punch, brad
Anything Goes Challenge~Father's Day
Clear It Out~Male Theme-Use Metal
Creative Craft Challenges2~For The Fellas
Loves Rubber Stamps~Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly~Anything Goes
Through The CraftRoom Door~Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash~No Patterned Paper

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!
Ellen

Supplies~
Stamps~Impression Obsession-Sail Collage - H13022, Smell The Sea C13006
Ink~ Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts~ Memento-Nautical Blue, Bahama Blue, Summer Sky, London Fog, Dandelion, Cantelope
Accessories~Tsukineko Brushstix and Sponge Daubers, EK Success Border Punch, Charm, Silver Brad, Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Shell Beauty Embossing Folder, Pop Dots, String, Shell

32 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Ellen. I love the image. The delicate embossing looks fabulous and the shell is the perfect finishing touch
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Ellen, your attention to detail is astounding - your Dad is going to love his card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Эллен, какая прекрасная работа, открытка волшебная! Много труда и любви в неё вложено, отцу понравится!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen Stunning card I love everything about it.I have sorted the following button on my blog when you have time to look.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CAN smell the sea on this wonderful card Ellen!! love those popped up sails - they actually look like canvas in the close up! I'm sure your dad will love this card - what a great quote sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge your card is wonderful hope you stop by to play again LYNN B <((><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Какая красивая морская открыточка!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I do love this card and I'm quite sure your Dad will, too. You made it look so realistic. I feel as if I'm looking at a real sailboat. I'm going to check out Dina's Sail Collage line. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a gorgeous card ellen, great stamping.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing looking! Love the dimension and I'll have to check out those Brushstiks you used to color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen, it's stunning.....and yes, I can smell that sea right now. So pretty and love the addition of the shell! Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as can be! Your coloring is wonderful. Love the popped up compass and sail. Your accents are fabulous as well! Dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning masculine card. I'm sure your Dad will live it. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Dad is going to treasure this, Ellen! It was a fantastic card without the charm and sea shell but those two (two!) embellies made this SUPER special and unique!! I'm so CASEing that string in that many layers behind the panel. So sharp!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ellen, that seashell is fantastic and I love the little charm...both perfect for your nautical theme! What a wonderful Father's Day card sure to delight your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! This is fabulous, Ellen....I love the nautical theme with that wonderful ship image and what a clever idea to pop up the sail!!! Your Dad is going to love this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this! Great coloring and I love all the texture with your different embellishments!
    Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Use it Tuesday this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the shout-out, and for making my stamps look so good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card, love the details, the focal image, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Ellen, perfect for your Dad. I like how you decoupaged the sails, the addition of the cord, charm and the beautiful shell. Great design. I have this IO stamp as well, I need to get some ink on it :) I hope you are doing well, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ellen this is fantastic! Looks very sophisticated for quick and simple! :) Love the look of the real shell and the twine. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, fabulous design, this is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a beautiful and intricately designed card, it is perfection in every detail... who would ever use patterned paper if they could do ♥THIS♥??!?! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us so amazingly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this sailboat and the sail does look full of wind! Amazing! And that shell is so pretty! I need to keep an eye out for one of those embossabilities. Like I need another tool. Great job with the twine too. A wonderful masculine card with super details!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card, I love anything nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your card is gorgeous! Great image and details. The coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Forgot to say, "Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!" lol. Just noticed you played in our challenge, this is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ellen, I am seriously gobsmacked! Your card is SO INCREDIBLE! The real shell, the little charm, the twine wrap...every detail is just so, and they come together to create a true beauty. You totally knock my socks off! Thank you SO MUCH for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card, love the coloring job! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just stopping in to say hello. Had to look around at your creations. LOVE this card. Wonderful! Looks as though the sails are actually moving. WOW! Thanks for sharing. Sandra > at http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such an AWESOME card! All your details are just perfect and that sentiment is so lovely. FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!