Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Summer Sweet Strawberries


Hello Friends!
  
IO's challenge this week is "The Colors of Summer".  The first thing that came to mind was strawberries. My strawberry patch is the most popular spot in my backyard. They taste so much sweeter when they are homegrown and it's what I look the most forward to harvesting in the summer!

I stamped IO's  Single Strawberry A8973  several times with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them up with Copics then fussy cut them out. Then they were arranged in the  Strawberry Carton D8979.  This was popped up over a Spellbinders Tear drop Circle and matted over a hand cut circle and a Spellbinder's Scalloped Circle.  

I really need to find a new way to organize my Dies!  A friend of mine made a card and use this fabulous Impression Obsession Large Bow Die - DIE063-I, when I asked her who made that die she said she cut it from one of mine.  Sure enough, I dug through my dies and  lo and behold it was mine...didn't even know I owned it. DUH!!  If you have a wonderful way of organizing your dies could you share with me.....obviously I need all the help I can get~LOL!!  I added a pretty border using Impression Obsession Border Duo 1 Set - DIE017-V, a strip of card stock and brown satin ribbon.

Copics used~
Strawberries~R0000-21-24-29, YG11, 0
Carton~YG11-61-63 



I used up the scraps and a single strawberry to add a little interest to the inside....


I am entering this card in the following challenges......
Impression Obsession~Colors of Summer 
 Simon says Stamp~ Summer Fruit
Crafting By Design~Favorite Season   Summer- I love sunshine and fresh fruit!
Scrapper's Delight~ S is For...... Strawberry 


Thanks for stopping by and have a sweet day!
Ellen 

Supplies~
Stamps~
Strawberry Carton D8979Single Strawberry A8973
Accessories~   
Impression Obsession Border Duo 1 Set - DIE017-V,  Brown Satin Ribbon from Micheals

Impression Obsession Large Bow Die - DIE063-IPop Dots
Ink~
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich CocoaCopic Markers 

36 comments:

  1. Amazing card, such vibrant colors, the image is beautiful! Love the card, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card and colouring Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous as always!! Really like the way you layered all of it and that bow is bodacious!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Ellen, you can't beat homegrown strawberries, they are sooooo sweet.
    Your card is stunning, I love the image and your colouring is wonderful. The papers and details you have added are gorgeous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, your coloring on this wonderful image is so beautiful. Wow! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Ellen, your stawberries look good enough to eat :) I have a stamp out for this challenge, hopefully I find time to actually do something with it. Have a great weekend, hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloring and your strawberries look so real and the container looks like it just comes off the page!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. So yummy!!!!!! So bright!!! So summer!!! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this, the strawberries and the fabulous bow die!
    lol, you sound like me, "do I have that die?" lol. I store my dies in 2 inch binders, inside page protectors. I also bought some Art Bin magnetic die storage cases for the smaller ones. I used my fine tip sharpie to label them because the magnet they sit on is white. But I still have to look through them all once in a while to take inventory of what I have, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Love your coloring and shading and what a great design. I have lots of dies and I created a 12x12 chipboard square covered with magnetic sheets on both sides. I keep these "pages" in a box for easy flipping through and the large size accommodates my long border dies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful strawberries! They're making my mouth water! A perfect, summer card, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa .... These strawberries are oh so yummy, Ellen! The carton is perfection as well! Beautimous work, my dear!!

    Happy Summer!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great greeting card!
    I like very much.

    Can you come please on my blog and if you want you can become a member, please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and I love summer and strawberries is a memory I have from a little girl. Cute image and a fab card. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapper's Delights Challenge blog and hope you join in again next Wednesday.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your strawberry card looks good enough to eat but alas alack I'm allergic to them so can't even eat one on it's own. I do so love the smell of them though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card Ellen, I love the strawberry basket image that you have created. I have just eaten some lovely strawberries from our garden, you are so right, they taste much sweeter when they are fresh from the garden. This is a perfect summer card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ellen, your Colors of Summer submission is GORGEOUS!!! Yah you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Эллен, замечательная отрисовка штампа, такая вкуснятина!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi my beautiful friend^_^
    Just wonderful creation ^_^
    Beautiful image and lovely embellishments^_^
    Happy Sunday and big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely summer card! Love how you colored the basket it looks like it has been watercolored.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your strawberry card !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this so adorable!

    Thank you for joining in on Scrapper's Delights Challenge
    "S is For...."
    http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ellen, this turned out beautiful! I so love your coloring...those strawberries look like we could eat them! Beautiful work, friend.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ellen...I love how you coloring those strawberries really looks real ohh woooww amazing....nice DP also...great color combo...GREAT FRUIT CARD...

    I see your card on Simon Says Stamp Challenge and I hope you like to see my card on my Blog...because of much cards there on Simon Says challenge I will help you to tell my card is number 94, I would be so glad if you can give me some love...many thanks before...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your summer fruits card, yummy looking strawberries.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so, so pretty, Ellen! As always your coloring is perfect and so realistic! Nothing like homegrown fruits and veggies is there?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum these look delish. I love the coloring and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at. Scrapper's Delight.
    Hugs,
    Christine Dt

    ReplyDelete
  28. lol - unfortunately, I'm afraid my organizational skills are lacking, so I am not in a position to offer advice. Your card is gorgeous - those strawberries look delicious. Beautiful colouring, design and details. Everything works so perfectly together and you've done a fantastic job of piecing your image together.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a wonderful card! So sweet, I love the strawberries, they look real! And I love the layers with all of the eyelets that mimic seeds. Also love the strawberry on the bow! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Ellen, I just read what Shirley wrote. Congratulations!! Lucky duck, now you no longer have to pay for your stamps and dies! Big Congratulations to you! I always love your work and look forward to seeing more of it! :)

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A beautiful card. I like that die. Your coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there Ellen ! I just read over at the IO Blog that you are joining their Design Team. Congratulations you do beautiful work with their designs. I look forward to seeing your designs. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautifully colored strawberries and such a pretty bow. Awesome creation you put together. Love the red checked paper.
    Congrats are in order, I see, from reading the above post. You'll be a wonderful asset to the IO team.
    I am using black QuicKutz magnetic folders for holding my dies. The binders are so thick and bulky, I stayed away from them for now. I used to get them at Hobby Lobby with a coupon but they aren't carrying them now. At least, I haven't seen them in a while. Ugh! I hope you find what fits your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your strawberries really look so juicy & yummy...I agree, a lovely part of summer. Must be so great to harvest your own!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely creation in our ‘Anything goes - Show your Season’ Challenge
    Do join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene (DT Crafting by Designs)



    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful card! Those strawberries look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!