Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 1 July 2013

Bluebird of Happiness


Hello Friends!

Today I have to show you just the most beautiful ink evah!!!  I received a big box of love in the mail and there was several Tsukineko Opalite Ink Pads in it and I just couldn't wait to try it out!   Opalite is a reflective interference ink that comes in 9 colors and works amazing on leather, wood and dark card stock.
This is how I  created this bluebird.....

 I rubbed the Opalite Glacier Blue ink pad directly onto navy paper........


 I inked up Impression Obsession's Bird Silhouette Flourish E13047 with Tsukineko Versamark.......



I stamped it directly on the  navy blue card stock that I inked with the Opalite......



 I embossed it with Imagine Craft Clear Embossing powder..........



After heating it with my heat gun I fussy cut the bird out and popped it up over a circle that had been stamped with the  Bird Silhouette Flourish E13047 with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.  I love this new embossable Memento ink!!!!

 

Isn't the reflective blue just delish!! The background was stamped with Cover A Card Flourishes CC027 with the glacier Blue Opalite.  The sentiment is from the Sweet Treats Cling Set 3121-XL which was embossed with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue and die cut with Mini Rectangles 2 Die Set DIE014-J
I didn't have just the right brads so I made faux brads  that were cut with the left over card stock from cutting out the bird with my Cropadile.  It was framed simply with a piece from the Circle Frame Die DIE001.  This felt really good to step out of my box and try something new!

Just for fun...... here a couple of pictures of 5 little Mountain Bluebirds that my daughter Jessica is raising and hand feeds on the 1/2 hour. They will soon fledge and she will once again have a social life again~LOL



 I am entering this card in the following challenges......
Splitcoaststampers~TLC436- Twisted Traditions
Paper Players 152~Tic Tac Toe

Thanks so much for stopping and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

17 comments:

  1. Such a cute birds! ^__^
    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ellen, I love the image and the colours are wonderful.
    The Mountain Bluebirds are so beautiful, how lovely of your daughter to raise them.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, gorgeous card, love the inkiness and the red circle frame is awesome. The baby birds are so sweet, your daughter is amazing to had raise them, ahhhhhhhhhh. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Замечательная открытка, яркая! И какие чудесные птички!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning design!! Love your technique! Thanks for sharing that and the lovely birds! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW Ellen this card is stunning,the blue is such a fantastic colour and it works so well with the red.Love the photos and story about the birds,will show it to my hubby who is a birdwatcher ,when he comes back from the shop.
    I hope all is well with you.
    Sending smiles across the miles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, your card is beautiful. Great job with the inks and embossing. I love it!
    Those Mountain Bluebirds are the sweetest things. What a wonderful thing your Jessica is doing. Feeding every half hour really would cut into a person's life. Good for her. We have Eastern Bluebirds and they are my favorite bird in these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful! Love the color combo and the addition of the feather is perfect!
    Precious little bluebirds!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card Ellen, I love your gorgeous bird and fabulous background, well done for trying something new.
    Your daughter has done a brilliant job hand raising those adorable little bluebirds - it must have been such hard work.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a gorgeous card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and just love the rich blues with the red. Looks like fun ink to play with and how sweet are those birds!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful shade of blue...your card is gorgeous, Ellen and the feathers are such a fabulous detail!!!!! I think I need to get some of that ink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card. The opalite ink looks amazing and the design is beautiful.

    Those baby birds are so precious and very fortunate to have your daughter caring for them. She must be exhausted!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellen, beautiful card and your deep rich colors are also perfect for this wonderful day! I love the feathers. How special that she is able to hold and nurture the bluebirds. Congratulations on joining the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautifully done, I like the added feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was looking to see if I had missed any of your cards and I saw not just your gorgeous card, but those darling little birds. What a special daughter you must have....They are adorable too, BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!