Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Day Two Impression Obsession Week Long CHA Blog Hop




Welcome to the day two of our week long CHA DT Blog Hop.  The Impression Obsession team is showcasing some FABULOUS new images being introduced this week at CHA!


We are having a $25 Gift Certificate drawing each day during the hop, with an extra drawing on Friday.  Be sure to leave a comment on each designer's posts throughout the week for a chance to win.  You can visit the Impression Obsession blog each day for links to the previews.



  This is Flying Geese E1925 by artist Gary Robertson. The Mountain Border F13161 is by Artist Dina Kowal and is going to be a staple for creating all those masculine cards and scenes in my craft room!!

Here is how I created this little scene....
~I sponged Memento inks in this order... Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, and Nautical Blue.
~Stamped just the top of the  Mountain Border at the bottom and masked it and stamped it again-twice with Memento Black.
~I sponged Memento Tuxedo Black around the edges of the card stock.
~I stamped FLYING Geese twice.... Once with Memento Desert Sand, colored the moon with Copics and cut it out. Once with Rich Cocoa, colored the Geese with Copics and cut them out.  I adhered these over the sponged background.

To finish it off I stamped  Thanks A9061 with Versafine Vintage Sepia and embossed it with Imagine Crafts Clear embossing Powder on a flag from the Flags Die Set DIE015-F  and finished it of with a button from Buttons DIE067-C and some linen thread.



 Thanks for stopping by and have a marvelous day!!
Ellen


 Copic Colors Used~
Geese~E42-43-44, .25 Multiliner,  Feet~T4-T6, Moon~Y000-Y00-C00

Supplies~
Impression Obsession Stamps/Dies~ Flying Geese E1925Mountain Border F13161, Thanks A9061, Flags Die Set DIE015-F, Buttons DIE067-C
Ink~ Copics, Memento-Desert Sand-Rich Cocoa-Summer Sky-Paris Dusk-Nautical Blue-Tuxedo Black, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories~ Thread, Ink Blusher, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Pop Dots

59 comments:

  1. Wow! this looks like a piece of art! The coloring is amazing. The whole card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, beautiful! Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing the steps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen L. said..

    Beautiful card and scene. Love the mountains and the geese. Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It reminds me of living in northern NH, and the Canada Geese migration. Before living there I never knew how big they were! Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! it is absolutely beautiful.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is excellent example for a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what s beautiful card. Those geese are stunning as is your background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!!!Great stamps,awesome coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolute beauty, Ellen! You really know how to bring a scene to life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOw, this is fabulous! Love the sponged background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! This is stunning Ellen. I love the way you have created the background and the geese look amazing. Your colouring is fabulous and your cutting out is so neat too!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what nice card for mens those geeses are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow stunning card, great colouring and design Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a breathtaking scene you've created my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning and breathtaking card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful! a lovely scene and you're right - great images for masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for the menfolk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a beautiful scene! Love the Mountain stamp too... Wonder if it can be combined with the Brush trees?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, would make a great "man" card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful scenery and your geese look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Breathtaking scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful scene! The geese are gorgeous and I love the sentiment flag turned downwards! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a pretty card! I love that deep blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a gorgeous scene Ellen! love the mountains and those wonderful geese flying across the moon (?) beautiful masking and sponging and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous color and blending, beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully done...another wonderful stamp for the "hubs"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely agree - perfect stamps and wonderful design for masculine card. Definitely will be getting these stamps. Thanks for the masking mountains tip.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow--the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely coloring and paper piecing! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card! Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card, looks almost like a painting Ellen! Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  32. The flying geese look real! I like the way you framed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those geese are really lifelike, Ellen. What a fantastic job of coloring those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  34. A real stunner! I like the vertical sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very striking card. You did a marvelous job with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those geese look real. Great coloring job.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card! The scene you created is a work of art! Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful masculine card! Love the peacefulness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful card! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love that scene, so peaceful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, this is just exquisite! The flying geese look real enough to fly off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a beautiful scene and wonderful coloring technique!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely composition and beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is a stunning card Ellen, you have created a wonderful background for your flying geese.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful card! Such pretty coloring! :) Nncee

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great coloring techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is a beautiful card - so right for a male! Nelda Deakins

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love Canadian Geese. I think they are so awesome. Except for the poop messes they make. I painted them in an oil painting in High School....so I LOVE your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Loving this stamp!! My husband is a geese LOVER!! this would be a PERFECT one for my collection!! Thanks for sharing and have a aFABULOUS Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow-this is to die for! Beautiful.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  52. Have already added this one to my wish list - love all the new stamps! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!