Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Hello Butterfly CHA Sneak Peek




Hello Friends! 

I have an Impression Obsession CHA sneak peek to share today! These images will be available in Impression Obsession Store on July 22nd, as well as a tons more of fantastic new images and dies!!

My card features a sweet image called Cat With Butterfly D7725 by Gail Green.  It was colored up with Copics and Memento Summer Sky sponged around the edge of the oval. The sentiment, by Alesa Baker and is called Hello A9049 and was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa on a tag from the Mini Rectangle Die Ste DIE014-J.

I added a pretty border along the bottom using the Border Duo One Set  Border Duo One Die Set DIE017-V, and topped my white satin bow with a single butterfly from the Butterfly Die Set DIE046-A. There are 5 fabulous different little butterflies in this set!!


Supplies~
Impression Obsession Stamps~Cat with Butterfly D7725, Hello A9049
Ink~Memento Dandelion-Summer Sky-Rich Cocoa, Copics
Accessories~Butterfly Set DIE046-A, Border Duo One Die Set DIE017-V, Mini Rectangle Die Set DIE014-J, Pop Dots, CuttleBug Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Flourish, Rhinestones

Here is an update on the bluebirds....

I have been away visiting my oldest daughter Jessica in Lethbridge. As you can imaging I had every type of critter living in my house when my kids were younger. Some sweet and some not so much~LOL. When I walked into her house I was greeted by 2 Bluebirds landing on my head and shoulder. Nothing makes you feel like Snow White or singing ZIP-A-DEE-DO-DA more than having a bluebird land on you!!!  Three of them were ready to be released into the wild. So we drove them pretty far away from people down by the river,  where there is lots of trees and low grassy area for food sources.....


 Jessica gave them one last easy meal before releasing them.

And then...Independance and FREEDOM!!!......
Lethbridge is Rattlesnake country and I was a little nervous about walking through the fields knowing that there was a chance of running into one.  I told myself I was just being silly but guess my instincts are still good..... 

Have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable creation! Love your coloring and the beautiful ribbon treatment! The photos are amazing! :) Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ellen. I love the image, fabulous colouring and beautiful detailing.
    The bluebirds looks amazing, how lovely to be able to care for them and release them back to independence, must feel so rewarding.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and a wonderful image! Can't wait to see the rest of IO's new release. Very cool pictures of the blue birds, and who's to say you really aren't snow white?

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super cute and a beautiful card Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card and that image. Fantastic coloring too. (I used to have a cat that looked just like this). How fun to release birds into the wild and glad to didn't meet the snake in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely beautiful card Ellen, such a gorgeous image and fabulous colour combination.
    What a lovely tale about the Bluebirds, it must have been so rewarding for your daughter to be able to return them to the wild.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Started with a gorgeous card and ended with a slithery devil. Oh, I cannot abide snakes. One chased me when I was a little girl. But, those bluebirds are so adorable. I'm sure they're living a fine life now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellen, Your card is beautiful, the cat image is coloured gorgeous. I am in awe of the bluebirds that your daughter rescued and raised, they are also gorgeous. Where there a few tears when letting them go ? What a great story. Hope you are having fun, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card. I love the colors and you have colored it beautifully.
    Cute little birds, rattlesnake, not so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love all the white with the blues and browns. The cat is a beauty, too.

    Am I dreaming? I thought I saw this post before but not the card. And, even thought I commented on it. Anyway, those birdies are so sweet and I bet they love being free. Ugh!is all I can say about that snake. Gives me the shivers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuteee and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! I had meant to comment on it when you posted it...I just saw this new cat stamp on the IO website and realized how much you did to 'bring it to life'. What a wonderful scene you created. I will have to buy this stamp definitely! And I love your double satin ribbon, your cards always look luxurious!

    Also, love seeing the pictures and story behind these amazing looking birds! Wow, I didn't know something so wild would get so close to you.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!