Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 4 July 2013

Hey Cupcake!...What's Shakin'?



Hello Friends!

Happy July 4th!!!  Today's Impression Obsession design team's challenge is to make a shaker card.  You could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  I don't know about you but I love free shopping.  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.   

Be inspired and check out what the talented ladies of IO have shakin' today!

IO Blog  – 
To enter the challenge go to the  Impression Obsession blog (all the details are there!). A random challenge card will be selected to showcase on the IO blog AND you can to enter to win a $25 gift certificate to IO just by playing! - See more at: http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/category/stamps/impression-obsession/#sthash.ZjEyOCIF.dpuf
To enter the challenge go to the  Impression Obsession blog (all the details are there!). A random challenge card will be selected to showcase on the IO blog AND you can to enter to win a $25 gift certificate to IO just by playing! - See more at: http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/category/stamps/impression-obsession/#sthash.ZjEyOCIF.dpuf

To enter the challenge go to the  Impression Obsession blog (all the details are there!). A random challenge card will be selected to showcase on the IO blog AND you can to enter to win a $25 gift certificate to IO just by playing! - See more at: http://inkypaws.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/category/stamps/impression-obsession/#sthash.ZjEyOCIF.dpufI cut a Lg Circle Overlay down to a square and embossed it with a dots embossing folder and simply adhered it over my Lg Circle Shake It Pouch.  These pouches are fantastic because they aren't as deep as others on the market and that makes it so much easier to mail.  Inside my shaker pouch is a popped up Surprise Cupcake - D8443 that was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored up with Copics .  A few festive cupcakes sprinkles were added.  the sentiment is from the Sweet Treats Set - 3121-XL  and embossed with Memento Luxe Danube Blue.

The circles were just plain card stock that were "smooshed" yup, that is a technical term~LOL into an Tsukineko Opalite Pad for a sweet reflective light that is hard to photograph but oh so beautiful. 



I inked the edges with Memento inks, Tangelo and Danube Blue.



I hope you all play along!  We would love to see what you have shakin!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen



Copics used~
Ribbon- B23-26-28
Frosting & Sprinkles - C00-0-C1, YR02-04-07
Wrapper- E44-47-49

Supplies~
Impression Obsession Stamps~Surprise Cupcake - D8443, Sweet Treats Set - 3121-XL

Ink~ Tsukineko - Memento ~ Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Danube Blue - Opalite ~Winter Rose, Glacier Blue - Memento Luxe ~ Danube Blue,  Copic Markers ~

Accessories~ Lg Circle Shaker Pouch - SHP02,  Large Circle Shaker Overlay - SHC02, Cuttle Bug Dots Embossing Folder, Imagine Crafts Ink Blushers, 5/8 Circle Punch, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon




24 comments:

  1. How cute! Love your coloring and shading. It really makes it look real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and cute! I love all those big circles and the cupcake just looks yummy!! Fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. I like the shaker and the circle theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card Ellen, such a gorgeous colour combination and your Cupcake looks good enough to eat.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl I'm on a diet and that cupcake looks so good I want to snap open the shaker thingy and grab! Wonderful card and just love the blues and oranges together.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design of your card, very striking. Great start for your IO DT role.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Ellen. I love the yummy image, fabulous colouring and the blue and orange dots look brilliant.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and a delicious cupcake Ellen.
    love the embellishments too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen, this is so precious and yummy. Now I need a cupcake. I have got yo check out the Opalite ink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my gosh! Ellen!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! Welcome to the Team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, makes me remember how much I love sprinkles! So glad you are part of the Design Team now!! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I love free shopping too. Welcome to the design team. Your card is terrific. I love the layout--the triangle is awesome. Love how you used the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this is one classy shaker design!! Really love the color combo on this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cute is this card!! Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific card. I love your shaker theme with the cupcake and hundreds and thousands. I have never tried one of these cards to make but it will go on my todo list for sure. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful orange and blue colors on this Ellen! I bet it's really fun when you shake it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation crafty lady ! I'm loving that new ink you are using, think I 'need' it :) Love all your dots! Have a fabulous weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi ellen, thanks for popping by to comment and congratulations on your new DT position; this is such a fun card! i love all the circle, the bright colours and the yummy looking sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, you really know how to shake things up....:-) What a great shaker card...so colorful. I love it bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy, this cupcake looks good enough to eat! Love the colors and the fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing colouring on that cupcake ! It looks real, and the colours on this card are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and fun! The cupcake looks delicious and I love the design.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG...what a yummy looking shaker card, Ellen...love the colors you used and the cupcake image is just tooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful first card with IO Team. Congrats.
    PH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!