Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 26 July 2013

Impression Obsession CHA Sneak Peek Hop Day Five



Welcome to the fifth day of our week long CHA DT Blog Hop.  The Impression Obsession team is showcasing some FABULOUS new images being introduced this week at CHA!

We are having a $25 Gift Certificate drawing each day during the hop, with an extra drawing on Friday.  Be sure to leave a comment on each designer's posts throughout the week for a chance to win.  You can visit the Impression Obsession blog each day for links to the previews.

Now this Butterfly and Pumpkins H1924 by artist Gary Robertson was one fun image to color!!   

It was stamped in Memento Desert Sand and colored with Copic markers.  I stamped it again in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored only the front wing and cut it out and adhered it over the butterfly on the image panel for a bit of dimension.    I mounted it over a kraft panel that was embossed with Birds and Swirls embossing folder and the edges sponged with Desert Sand. I added a crisp white Fence Border Die - DIE028-J .



The sentiment is called Simplicity B11106 and was inked and embossed with Memento Tsukineko Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

Supplies~
Impression Obsession Stamps/Dies~Simplicity B11106,   
Butterfly and Pumpkins H1924, Fence Border Die - DIE028-J
Ink~ Memento Desert Sand -Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black
Accessories~Sizzix Birds and Swirls Embossing folder, Pop Dots, Ink Blushers, Spellbinder Grommet Tag, Ek Success Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon

59 comments:

  1. This one is another of my favorite images I have seen in the hop..beautiful card!! Love how you added the cut out wing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah Daniels7/26/2013 5:11 am

    Gorgeous Card! I love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful & vibrant fall design Ellen, your colouring is fabulous! Hope you are having fun, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful fall card. Thanks for an amazing blog hop week. I enjoyed seeing all the new stamps and learned some techniques along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your card is gorgeous and the coloring is awesome! Thanks for a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen L. said...

    Love this one, love butterflies. The coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still lovin this stamp! Your stamping of the Desert Sand and your Copics are stunning. So vibrant! You are truly a wonderful addition to the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card and stunning images and colours Ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! So pretty! Love the pumpkins with the butterfly! You don't see this!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!Love that stamp!Have it on my list,Beautiful card!Great coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous! I love that butterfly! Your coloring is awesome! :) Nancee

      Delete
  12. Absolutely beautiful with super coloring!! Great sketch and I love the fence in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful! lovely colouring and i love the check ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Gorgeous coloring. Love how you tied it all up with a pretty gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty and your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! Fantastic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ellen, this stamp looks perfect for coloring up a storm. I like all your special additions, like the fence and embossed background. Oh, I really like the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderfully colorful and happy card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderfully colorful and happy card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Love the gingham ribbon as the perfect complement. Love the sentiment too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful coloring, it has almost an airbrushed look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that stamp! Beautiful card and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ellen, that is a lovely card! The image is serene and lively at the same time. Thanks for sharing your art and your instruction!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think we call your first IO blog hop a success! Love how you stamped and colored your image.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like this stamp. Also like how you put the image on an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is gorgeous. Love the butterfly
    and pumpkin stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your coloring is beautiful.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful coloring job. This stamp does look like a fun one to color.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The no lines technique on this card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card - wonderful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous Ellen. Your colouring is amazing, I love the layout and beautiful sentiment too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautifully colored. I really like the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is gorgeous Ellen, I love your beautifully coloured butterfly and lovely rich colours - great design and sentiment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is such a pretty stamp, beautiful colouring too!


    Penny H

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love this stamp and you've done a great job with the coloring and the dimension -thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The butterfly image with the pumpkins makes for a wonderful Fall themed card! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing images and coloring - the butterfly looks so real and the pumpkins POP!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love this stamp and you did a fabulous job of bringing it to life with your colouring and layering. That butterfly is gorgeous! The gingham ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So beautiful! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  40. Really great card! Your coloring is so pretty, love the butterfly and the pumpkins. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a beautiful fall card! I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card and your coloring is outstanding! Nelda Deakins

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow - great colors!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love how you colored this card and placed everything together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Красивая открытка, гармоничное оформление!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi my dearest friend:)
    I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
    Big hug and happy weekend:)
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  47. You make the lovliest cards and this is no exception. I am a big fan of butterflies..great way to use one for a fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. You have such a beautiful way of making your images pop... the black and white sure did the trick here on this BEAUTIFULly colored butterfly.... Just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I always know where to come to get my shot of a lovely card! SO beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  50. El dahling, is this ever gorgoues! Like wow, girl. over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow, Ellen, this is so gorgeous. Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  52. oh this is so beautiful, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!