Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

IO Sneak Peeks Hop Day 3

 

Welcome to the fifth day of our week long CHA DT Blog Hop.  The Impression Obsession team is showcasing some FABULOUS new images being introduced this week at CHA!

We are having a $25 Gift Certificate drawing each day during the hop, with an extra drawing on Friday.  Be sure to leave a comment on each designer's posts throughout the week for a chance to win.  You can visit the Impression Obsession blog each day for links to the previews.


This CHA Impression Obsession new release is called Chair E14028 by artist Kalani Allred. Doesn't this look like a big comfy chair!  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto some red velvet paper and some depth added with a wee bit of  Copic coloring.  It was fussy cut out and popped up over a die cut that was scored at 1/4" intervals  and sponged with  Memento Pistachio  The floor was colored with Copic markers.  Relax B14037 was stamped with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black Ink and embossed with Imagine crafts Clear Embossing Powder.


Copics used~
Chair-R59-89, E37-39
Floor-W00-1-3-5

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Ellen

Supplies~
Stamps~All by Impression Obsession- Relax B14037, Chair E14028
Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black - Pistachio, Black Soot Distress Ink, Copics
Accessories~Scor-pal, Maya Road Pins, Maya Road and RRR Ribbon, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Pop Dots, Ink Blushers, Spellbinders Ovals and Oval Scallops, Piercing Tool.

62 comments:

  1. I love all the new products and such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ellen, what a brilliant idea to use velvet paper for your chair image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very luxurious chair, Ellen. Love your stick pins. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. How very clever to stamp the chair on velvet paper. Your coloring certainly enhanced it too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and who wouldn't want a big comfy chair like that. Love that velvety paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes you just want to curl up with a great book and...Relax! Cute card

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card. Red and black always give a card a classy look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Ellen. That does indeed look like a very comfy chair. I love the velvety effect and wonderful detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous Ellen!! I love your use of the velvet paper for the chair!! So very fitting! :) TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as can be! That velvet paper is perfect for your comfortable easy chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how pretty! Such a cute stamp! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! This one brought tears to my eyes. My dad had a big chair specially built for him a very long time ago. I kept recovering and reupholstering it until... finally It was just too old to save. I had moved it all over with me. So when that old chair finally had to go, it was like losing dad all over again. The odd thing was, I was just thinking of him and his chair this morning. Thanks for the memories.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. The velvet paper is the perfect choice for this image! Lovely! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and that chair looks comfty enough to sit in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes indeed the chair looks comfy. Your colouring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and the coloring!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh - love the deep red on this wonderful comfy chair Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so inviting--I want to curl up on your card with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely captured the look of a beautiful red velvet-y chair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very inviting chair.This would make a good masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The color of that chair is just so very rich looking, like velvet

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ellen, this is a great card and perfect for a guy or girl. The black and red color scheme really makes the chair pop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the color of the chair!! Wish I had a chair like this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shading on the velvet chair! Looks great. I love the background you created also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love the chair. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Ellen,
    Oooh, your big, comfy chair is a perfect invitation...to sit down and RELAX! I didn't know you could color on velvet paper (duh!), it looks fab. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eileen L. said....

    Love the chair but your coloring really made it pop. Gorgeous all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. To paraphrase Monty Python " I want the COMFY CHAIR" - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great idea to stamp and colour on velvet paper - fabulous effect.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree the velvet for the chair is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun card - love that vibrant red!

    ReplyDelete
  32. fabulous colouring on the chair Ellen and a great card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  33. What great coloring on that chair! It looks so inviting, just want to curl up and read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great card - looks like the perfect chair for a rainy day and a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ellen, this is soooooo Gorgeous! I love the colors and that chair just looks so inviting! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful coloring on that great red chair. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card. Looks like a perfect
    chair to relax in. Love the
    way you used the velvet paper
    so it looks just like fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The chair stamped beautifully on the velvet paper. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great card! The red velvet paper sounds nice. I love your double ribbon too! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love that chair. It would make a great retirement card1!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  42. Everybody needs a red velvet chair just like this one! So sweet! Nelda Deakins

    ReplyDelete
  43. I wish I could jump into that card and just relax on that chair. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. that chair looks so comfy I could take a nap just looking at it! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This chair looks great in red velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is one of my favorite color combinations and makes for a dramatic a yet comfortable feel!

    ReplyDelete
  47. great chair image!
    great execution!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a cozy little card! I love that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  49. My favorite color combo is red/white/black, so you know I'm lovin' this card - plus relaxing is a favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Nifty chair goes well with the sentiment. Thanks for the pix of CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This does look like a big comfy chair. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your chair,great sentiment,Very Pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. a very cozy and pretty card! looks like CHA is a lot of fun and look at all those exciting new products!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great card! Love that comfy looking chair, and the lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the new io stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I could just sit in that chair! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  57. How pretty! And it is THE most difficult color for me to use - reds! They tend to bleed and leak all over outside the lines, even if I don't go all the way to the lines. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Super cool new stamp...loved how you stamped it on red velvet paper, very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks for sharing! Love your card and all the great pictures from CHA... Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!