Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 1 August 2013

IO Encouraging Words Challenge


The  Impression Obsession team's challenge today is to create a card or project with Words of Encouragement. 


Create a card or project with encouraging words and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  I don't know about you but I love free shopping.  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.   
Be inspired and check out what encouraging words the talented IO ladies are sharing.....  
IO Blog  
 

Ellen Taylor~you are here 






On to my card....
This is a very quick and easy card to make!  To create the sun rays I used the edge of a piece of copy paper and sponged Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe ink from the center of the card to the outside.  I just kept gradually moving the copy paper around the the card and inking.  The Sun Circle E14123 was stamped with Memento Dandelion and the edges sponged with Cantaloupe.  I hand cut it out then popped up in the center of the card.  I popped up the Sunglasses DIE048 and added a couple of lines with white gel pen.  I used Kittie's Brillant Sunglasses Tutorial  to create them.  The Sun will Come Out B14124 was stamped and embossed using Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed with Imagine Crafts Clear EP.  Super Easy card!!

Hope to see your encouraging creations!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~
Sunglasses DIE048
Sun will Come Out B14124 
 Sun Circle E14123
Ink~Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Dandelion and Cantaloupe
Accessories~ Imagine Crafts Clear embossing Powder, Pop Dots, Sponge Dauber, Doodlebug Black Rhinestones

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful vibrant design Ellen, the sun's rays look awesome. I have stamps out for this challenge, I would like to try to join in the fun this time around. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ellen, this is awesome! I made one of those sunray cards once upon a time. I love them. How cute and creative to put those sunglasses on him/her. The sentiment is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love the bright colors and those sun glasses are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is stunning Ellen. I love the way you have made the sunrays and the sunglasses look fabulous.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea! The sunglasses transform the card into something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, the colors are so bright, the sentiment is so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, did you ever get creative. Thanks for explaining how you made the rays. It sounds like fun. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning card Ellen, such a fabulous technique - I'm sure it's not quite as simple as you made it sound!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dahling, what are you up to now? Look at this! Your sun is awesome and so beyond what I coul ever dream of creating. I have no idea how you do the things you do. Who could honestly imagine moving paper around could create such a spectacular card. Oh, the things you know and can do. Over and out. Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...this is sooo cute, Ellen...what a great idea to use the sunburst to go along with that fabulous sentiment and adding the sun glasses was a stroke of genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sun card-the glasses are a neat idea.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun and awesome card!!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!