Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 15 August 2013

One For The Boys! Hello Darlin'


The  Impression Obsession team's challenge today is "One For The Boys".


Create a card or project with a masculine theme and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  I don't know about you but I love free shopping.  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.   
Be inspired and check out what masculine creations  the talented IO ladies are sharing..... 



Here is how to make this card...

Using a circular motion, sponge some Memento Dandelion Ink in the center of your card stock.....



Working your way outward, sponge Memento Cantaloupe ink, leaving some Dandelion ink showing (don't worry about it not looking really nice, it will be when you're done....



Working your way outward, sponge Memento Tangelo ink, leaving some Canteloupe ink showing.....



Working your way outward and to the edge, sponge Memento Tangelo ink, leaving some Tangelo ink showing......


Stamp Cowboy BorderD13151 and Hello Darlin' B13154 with Versafine Vintage Sepia and emboss with clear embossing powder........

Die cut some Wheat.......



Color the wheat with Prisma Colored Pencils.......



Adhere the wheat using a glue pen.......



I added 3 brown Mark Richards Candi......


See easy peasy!! We would love to see your masculine creations!
Hope to see you play along!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

 Impression Obsession Products Used~
 Wheat DIE085-X 
 Cowboy BorderD13151
 Hello Darlin' B13154
Ink~
Memento ~Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, and Potter's Clay- Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories~ Mark Richards Candi, Sponge, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Glue Pen


16 comments:

  1. Wow! Your sponging looks fabulous, Ellen. And, the wheat so pretty. This is such a cool, masculine creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing design! Thanks for sharing how you've put it together with your inks! I love the added wheat dies too!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, wonderful card it made me smile, I think it's the sentiment that did it. Your background is beautiful and so is that wheat ! Fabulous my crafty friend! Have a great day, Shirleyxx ps... we could use some rain, we are starting to use hoses to water, first time this summer, but the weather has been awesome, not too hot and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image and sentiment had me smiling too! The background is lovely and you make it sound easy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonderful card for this Texas heat. So expressive. Love your tutorial on what you did to accomplish such a lovely scene. ...well done....have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! This is wonderful Ellen. I love the way you have inked the background, fabulous image and the die cut wheat finishes it off perfectly.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely sensational!!!! Love the way you did the background on this and the wheat is a perfect addition. So very lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Ellen, I love your rich background and your die cut wheat.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this card. I am so in awe of this beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background and great tuturial. Love that wheat.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome masculine card. Love the background and the wheat as the focal point. Great step by step photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzer! This is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzer is right! What a fantastic card! Thanks for showing how you did that background. You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous, love the wheat die and the sponging is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! Your sponged background looks awesome, Ellen, and I love the cowboy stamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card - I love the combination of the wheat die )must get that:) and the cowboy theme. The colors of images are fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!