Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 7 September 2013

Christmas Magic



Hello Friends!!

With only 107 days until Christmas..... It's that time of year to get started on Christmas cards!!  This was really hard to photograph and is much prettier in real life. Here is how to create this card....



~ Cut a white panel that is cut at 3 5/8" by 4 7/8" and punch a 2-1/4" circle on the top right side.

~Hand cut 2 snow hills that are 4 7/8" long and use one of them as a mask to sponge some more snow hills in the background (higher than your hand cut hills will be) with Memento Summer Sky. Then sponge the rest of the edges of your hand cut hills.

~Die cut Fir Trees DIE084-V in white and sponge all three trees a bit on the boughs with Memento Summer Sky.

~Adhere the largest tree to the white panel on the left side and the smallest tree a bit farther over.

~Adhere one snow hill.

~Adhere  the middle sized tree.

~Adhere the last snow bank with pop ups or foam tape.

~Cut a piece of white card stock that is a bit larger than  a 2-1/4" circle. Hold the white panel over it and through the punched circle, stamp and emboss Magic Wand C5175 (sentiment stamp), with Versamark and silver embossing powder.

~Pop your snowy fir trees and hills panel over the sentiment so that  you can read it through the circle. 

~Pop it up over a 4" by 5 1/4" silver panel and mount it on a white card base.

~Die cut  one of the gable decorations from the Brick House DIE119-Z in Silver Mirror  paper and adhere in the top right corner.

~To finish it off add some rhinestones to the corner and under the sentiment. Add Stardust Stickles to the hand cut hills and trees.

Hope you give it a try it is really easy to make!

I am entering this card in the following challenges.....
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long~Layers 
Christmas Card Challenges~Use Something New 

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~
Fir Trees DIE084-V
Brick House DIE119-Z
Magic Wand C5175
Accessories~
Pop Dots, Rhinestones, Ink Blushers, Silver Embossing Powder
Ink~Versamark, Memento Summer Sky

24 comments:

  1. this is very beautiful Ellen, great landscape.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This couldn't be more stunning! I love how delicate it is and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ellen. I really love the Winter's scene you have created. A beautiful sentiment and wonderful sparkle
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning Christmas card Ellen, you have created a gorgeous scene and your sentiment is lovely.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!! I love your snow hills and the trees. The sparkle just sends it over the top. And, what a pretty corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make such gorgeous winter designs with your shine and sparkle! This is so peaceful and gorgeous!! I love everything about it! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Love the glittery snow and trees! Love the soft blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, this is sensational!! Love the shine of this, the design, everything! So beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous & elegant design Ellen. Love the silver-blue, so beautiful ! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and I'm sure it is even prettier in real life. Metallics really are hard to photograph. I love your design and all the sparkle on the trees and the snow hills. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Эллен, какая чудесная зимняя красота с елками и сугробами!
    Жаль только фото не увеличивается, рассмотреть поближе нельзя!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the corner die and the fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous winter wonderland! Beautifully executed. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Love the almost white card! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful white winter wonderland, love how you create thiese scenery and the circle with christmas wishes looks amazing.
    I'm glad to find your wonderful blog, I'm your new follower and I'm happy if you visit me too:-)
    Hugs Anja from germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful! I love the sparkle on the edges, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Ellen....this is jaw droppin gorgeous!!!!! It's sooo elegant with all the shimmer and I love the fancy corner design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another creative lovely!! The way you did the trees and your sentiment are just awesome! Gotta love your snow drifts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful snowy scene! I love the sentiment and how you've cut the circle for it to peek out of! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply gorgeous!! May have to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is so pretty. I am loving the brick house die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!