Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 19 September 2013

"Things That Fly" IO DT Challenge

 
 Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Things That Fly". 

 Create a card or project with "Things That Fly" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  I don't know about you but I love free shopping.  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.    Be inspired and check out what flying creations  the talented IO ladies are sharing..... 


   IO Blog
    I stamped  You Are An Angel D9123 and Angel Wings E9073 by artist Alesa Baker with Tsukineko Versafine Vintage Sepia on Cream colored card stock and embossed it with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing powder.  The wings were colored with a Atyou Spica Gold Pen, going a little heavier around the edges then fussy cut out.  To give them a little dimension, I set the wings upside down on craft foam and rubbed my stylus in a circular motion on the back of the wings until they were as puffy as I wanted.   The gorgeous lacy border is Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V. I sponged the edges of the teal paper with Memento Teal Zeal.



    Don't you just love these corners!! I used one of the gable decorations from the Brick House DIE119-Z to embellish my 4 corners. I love this Brick House die ~not only does it create a fabulous house but it is now my go to for fancy corners! Definitely more bang for your buck!!

    I hope you play along with us~We would love to see your flying creations!


    I am subbing at the school today but will pop around and see what you have all been creating tonight.

    Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
    Ellen

    Supplies~
    Impression Obsession  Products Used~
    Stamps~
    Angel Wings E9073, You Are An Angel D9123
    Dies~ 
    Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V, Brick House DIE119-Z

    Ink~
    Tsukineko Versafine Vintage Sepia, Memento Teal Zeal
    Paper~ 
    Classic Crest, Bo Bunny, Stardream

    Accessories~
    Graphic 45 metal Brads, May Arts Pleated Ribbon, Spellbinders Opulent Ovals, Pop Dots, Zva Creative Self Adhesive Pearl Flourish, Ink Blusher, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Atyou Spica Gold Pen, Spellbinders Opulent Ovals, Cream Organza Ribbon

    18 comments:

    1. Gorgeous and you've made those angel wings look outstanding. Loving those beautiful corners, too. What a wonderful creation!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is stunning Ellen. The angel wings are gorgeous, I love the way you have coloured them and given them dimension. The colour scheme is so beautiful and the decorative corners look wonderful too.
      hugs Sue xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. So beautiful Ellen!! Love the angel wings and the stunning flourish corners! Beautifully done my friend! HUGS :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ellen, it's gorgeous! Love those pretty angel wings and the corners are simply WOW!!! Beautiful card.
      Lynn

      ReplyDelete
    5. Absolutely beautiful! How lovely and I really like what you did with the gable corners too! Your whole design is so warm and radiates love.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great card with beautiful colors! Love the corners!

      ReplyDelete
    7. it's a beautiful card Ellen.

      greetings karin

      ReplyDelete
    8. Beautiful card! I like the corners too, although I would never have thought of that myself!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Great colour combi and lovely details like those corners, greet Miranda

      ReplyDelete
    10. Gorgeous design Ellen, I love the combination of colours and all the details. The angel wings are a very cool design. I hope you are doing well crafty lady ! Take care & hugs, Shirleyx

      ReplyDelete
    11. WOW ! You're so right about those corners, they look great. I never would have thought of angel for things that fly, how clever and such a lovely card.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Beautiful card Ellen!! The corners are pretty, and now you have "enabled" me to add them to my want list...thanks..I think..lol!!

      ReplyDelete
    13. What a stunning card. Your colours pop. I like how you used your stylus to puff up the wings and also how you used the house swirls for the corners. Very creative.

      ReplyDelete
    14. This is gorgeous Ellen, such lovely rich colours and your ornate corners are fabulous.
      Pauline
      x

      ReplyDelete
    15. What beautiful wings and a wonderful thought to send someone!

      ReplyDelete
    16. What a great idea for this challenge. Love the rich colors and a great design.

      ReplyDelete
    17. This is beautiful. I love how you embossed the wings. Those house corners are really pretty.

      ReplyDelete
    18. Stunning card, gorgeous colors and the wings are so beautiful!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!