Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 28 November 2013

A Card For Him & A Sale



Hello Friends!

 Impression Obsession's very generous annual online sale is on!!!!  I know Diane and I will be shopping for our next Pampered Crafter's Retreat that will be held at beautiful Gull Lake, Alberta in May 2014.  All of my make and takes at the previous retreat in October featured Impression Obsession stamps and Dies as well as Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko inks and crafty supplies and the Sorority Sisters loved them and will be tickled to find some IO products in the never ending prize box in May!  

On to my card....

 I  have used some more Impression Obsession images by artist Kalani Allred.  Success and Happiness D14045 was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder. 
Key 3 C14044 was also stamped with Versamark and embossed with Copper Ep.  To create the copper layer and frame I simply rubbed the edge of the paper directly with the Versamark pad and embossed it. I love this technique because it can make cheapo paper look very expensive!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American Friends!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

Supplies~
Impression Obsession Products Used~
Success and Happiness D14045
Key 3 C14044
Ink~Versafine Onyx Black , Versamark
Accessories~ Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder , Copper Embossing Powder, Black Organza and Black Satin Ribbon, Pop Dots and Spellbinders Opulent Ovals

10 comments:

  1. Great card and the sentiment is so true!! Trying to stay away from the on site store right now. LOLOL Happy Thanksgiving from our country to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Ellen, such a fabulous sentiment. I love the copper coloured embossing on the dark background.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Ellen, I love the fabulous sentiment and your brilliant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, beautiful design and would work well for a man. I really like that quote and your colours. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Ellen! Really love the embossed keys and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing and hope you had a great Thanksgiving! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool looking card. Love the copper embossing powder you used on the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black and copper together and the sentiment only is perfect! I use the embossing all the time to look like I used lush paper when it was just scraps!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful masculine card. I love copper and it looks awesome here against the black. Super sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sentiment. Love the design. How can I be this far behind when you don't post that often, lol. Happy New Year, hope your Christmas was great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!