Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 14 November 2013

Impression Obsession Framed Beach Art Tutorial

 
Hello Friends!

With Christmas fast approaching it's time to get some handmade gifts created!  This is an easy project to make and was one of my make and takes at the Pampered Crafter's Retreat and I promised a tutorial, so here is how to create this project....

~Start with the matting from an 8 x 10 picture frame and a piece of  card stock cut at 3 3/4 " x 5 1/2", sponge with Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa.  Using a foam brush add glue to where you want your sand and sprinkle sand over it and let dry.  I added a wee bit of glitter to the sand before adhering....



Stamp Sweet Seahorse C9016 with Memento Nautical Blue and sponge Memento Desert Sand directly over it.  I stamped 3 because I made a few of these but you only need one....



Fussy cut it out and sponge with Nautical Blue and Rich Cocoa ink and set aside....



Die cut  3 shells and the starfish from the Shell Set DIE077.   Sponge Memento Rich Cocoa on the starfish while it is still in the die. I just love the fact that this die allows you to ink details on your die cut!!  Remove it from the die and sponge Desert Sand and Nautical Blue on it....

 Sponge Memento Nautical Blue and Rich Cocoa on the 3 shells (one seems to be missing from the pix).  Die cut 2 birds from the  Sea Birds DIE078-F and sponge them with Memento London Fog and Rich Cocoa....



I used the 8mm ball end of the Stylus from Susan's Garden Tool kit and rolled it over the back of the starfish and seahorse, the scallop shell was done on the front.  This gives your project a ton of dimension....



 Die cut 1 wave from the Ocean Border DIE101-D and lightly sponge with Nautical Blue. I doodled some whitecaps on the waves with a Faber Castell Pitt White Artist Pen and added some Elizabeth Craft Microfine Glitter....



 Apply Scor-tape to the front of the waves and adhere it behind the sanded mat. Cut an 8 x 10  piece of card stock and put in the frame behind your sanded mat....


 Stamp Shell In Your Pocket D9006 on the  sponged 3 3/4 " x 5 1/2" card stock with Rich Cocoa and adhere to frame....



 Adhere the Sea Birds DIE078-F, pearls, and a rope bow to the frame....



Hot glue a small piece of fish net and some real shells (I purchased mine at Micheals) in the bottom corner. Tuck the Sweet Seahorse C9016 in and adhere....



Adhere the 2 shells  and pop the starfish up over them.  Adhere a pearl to the scallop shell and add it to the cluster of shells on the bottom....



Your all done!  Easy peasy eh! 


I hope this inspires you to give handmade Christmas presents this year!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

Supplies~

Impression Dies~ Shell Set DIE077, Sea Birds DIE078-F, Ocean Border DIE101-D
Impression Obsession Stamps~Sweet Seahorse C9016, Shell In Your Pocket D9006
Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Inks~ Memento Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa, Nautical Blue and london Fog
Accessories~ Hot Glue Gun, Scor-tape, Glue Pen, Elizabeth Craft Microfine Glitter,pop Dots, Fish Netting, Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen-White, Mark Richards Crystal Stickers Pearls, Pearl, Rope Twine, Jumbo Sponge Daubers, Daubers

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful handmade gift to receive. You did a fabulous job...no surprise there, though. Super sponging...love the fish net. Oh, it's all so creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous and very beautiful made Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, cute seahorse. It's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is absolutely stunning Ellen. I love the design, gorgeous images and beautiful colours. Thank you for such clear instructions and wonderful inspiration.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful~!!~ Thanks for the tutorial too! What a true work of art every detail is, Ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breath taking and stunning! Wonderful tutorial too! Love all the details on this and the birds and that adorable and pretty seahorse! Fantastic sponging!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy Peasey ? LOL ! Maybe for you, for me, not so much! This is a gorgeous project Ellen, and being an East Coaster, I love everything ocean related. You did a great tutorial and *sigh*, I've added more dies to my wish list !

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW beautiful frame artwork and fantastic tutorial. But easy peasey? I agree with Shona, I'm not so sure :) Take care talented lady ! Hugs, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant project, it will make a wonderful gift.
    Your tutorial is so detailed and clear, thank you for sharing your fabulous creativity with us.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ELLEN!!! OMG...dying here...totally CASEing this!! TY for the tutorial! What are the chances I can borrow a stamp or two? Ok;..ok...FINE. I guess I'll have to go and buy the &&^( things myself. Just kills me to spend money on stamps... :)---

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly amazing! Fabulous project and I love how you sponged the colors. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so pretty! Love the softness of it with the sponging, the sand looks awesome and I love the shells and stamps mixed together - wow! Great sentiment, how did I overlook this one?! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tutorial, Ellen! Thank you! Love the beautiful colors and your wonderful sponging...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous Ellen!! I love the texture and colors with the added sea shells! I made something similar for my dad with a photo of him and his dad along with the foot prints verse on it. He loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful beach project Ellen! The sand and shells and beautifully sponged die cuts are just beautiful! I can just SMELL the salty ocean breeze!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this fabulous tuto ! Your frame is very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this fabulous tuto ! Your frame is very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, Ellen...this is such a fabulous project!!! What beautiful sponging and I love the design with the sand, netting, shells, and cute little seahorse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous beach frame. Ooooh, how I wish I were there feeling the warm sand between my toesies. Thanks, for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous frame, the colors, the sponging and the shells are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!