Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Impression Obsession~Inspired By A Quote Challenge

 


  Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Inspired By A Quote". 
 Create a card or project that is "Inspired By A Quote" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  Who doesn't love free shopping!!  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  A really big welcome to the creative and talented Anna Wight to the IO design team!!  Check out what the talented IO ladies have created to inspire you..... 


IO Blog
Anna Wight
Ellen Taylor ~you are here 

The inspiration for this card comes from Burl Ives singing " Have A Holly Jolly Christmas".  I do love old traditional Christmas music and that is one of my favorites. Needless to say I quote him quite vocally throughout the Christmas season...much to the chagrin of anybody in listening range!

I am having troubles with my camera but my sentiment is definitely red, white and green.  I colored Holly Jolly D14121 directly with Memento Cottage Ivy and Lady Bug Red Markers, leaving uninked strips.  Once stamped on my card stock, the blank strips were glittered up using a Zig 2 way glue pen and some glitter, giving it a sweet candy cane look.


The frame for Holly Jolly D14121 was created by die cutting the Holly Wreath DIE109-Y twice, cutting it and adhering it in an oval around the sentiment.  I used the berries from the Twig Wreath Die Set DIE023-X  and sponged the birds with Memento Rich Cocoa.  To finish it off I added a blinged snowflake  from the Sm Snowflake Set DIE100-F to top the  red bow.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

Supplies:
 Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products Used~ Memento Cottage Ivy - Rich Cocoa - Lady Bug Red, Sponge Daubers
Other Products Used~ RRR Ribbon, Pop Dots, Rhinestones, Glitter, Zig 2 way Glue Pen, Elizabeth Craft Micro Fine Glitter, Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight

20 comments:

  1. Эллен, очень красочный венок получился!!! Понравилось, как ты красиво и необычно оформила штамп и сделала тиснение с ножом Spellbinders A2 филигрань Delight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I like the way you striped the quote for a candy cane look. The wreath is so pretty. Of course, I love the birds. What a wonderful Christmas card. I'm sure you were singing as you made this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and love the way you did the candy cane stripe sentiment. What a beautiful wreath too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I forget to ink up my stamps with markers - this is a great reminder. Love all the dies you used too, especially the little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun and festive design! I love how you've inked up that sentiment!! Brilliant idea!! I really love their stamps, but do you think I have any? Not YET!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Ellen. I love the way you have coloured the sentiment. The holly wreath with the added birds looks so beautiful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! the wreath and the birds are so pretty!have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, Ellen, what a great technique and a really beautiful card too! Love how you did the wreath and your bow too! The embossed BG is wonderful to show all of the images off!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...did that ever turn out GORGEOUS, I love the stripped Holly Jolly set amongst that gorgeous wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous and beautiful christmas card Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Ellen! I love how you did the sentiment!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Ellen with your fancy stamping Candy Cane style! The wreath is beautiful, love the bow. Have a great weekend creative friend! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just absolutely love your creativity and the sentiment turned out beautifully! Love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool card! Thanks for sharing your technique for the Holly Jolly sentiment, that caught my attention right away! And I love the singing birds too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done! Love the striped sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun way to do the sentiment...clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous card Ellen, such a clever way to use your stamp and great idea to extend you wreath and make it fit the stamp.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOU COMBINED GLITTER WITH COLORING DIRECTLY ON STAMPS...TWO OF MY FAVE THINGS!!! I totally worship you. Could I visit? I swear...I won't stay more than two days and I'll limit staring at you in that worshipful way that's a slight bit creepy but not the "I'm going to grab a knife and we can be roommates and BFF's FOREVER" way. I swear!!!! Btw...a fun nod to you in my latest!!! MWAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card, and thank you so MUCH for the warm welcome to the team!! :) I'm beyond thrilled!! -Anna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!