Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 5 December 2013

Snowy Frame Tutorial

 

   Hello Friends!

It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "Let It Snow". 

 Create a card or project that has "Snow" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  Who doesn't love free shopping!!  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO ladies have created to inspire you..... 

 
IO Blog
 Anna Wight
Ellen Taylor ~you are here 



I found an old photo from a Christmas gone by and decided to turn it into a little gift for my daughter. Here is how to create this project....

1~ Ink Impression Obsession's Brush Tree Line E7724 and Delicate Snowflakes F6602 with StazOn Opaque Cotton White and stamp the Delicate Snowflakes  randomly on the glass from the picture frame.



2~ Using the same Ink stamp the Brush Tree Line on the bottom of the glass.  You can see I laid the matting under the glass to get a feel for how much to stamp.





3~ Dab a Fantastix into the StazOn Opaque Cotton White Pad and dot over glass. to give the appearance of snowy weather randomly over the glass.



4~ Die cut Impression Obsession's Sled Die DIE108F and using an Ink Blusher dab Clear Creative Medium over it.



 5~ Pour some glitter over top.  I have a piece of copy paper under it so I can easily pour the excess glitter back into the bottle.



6~  This dries very quickly and is ready to adhere to the front of the glass.


7~ Adhere your photo to a piece of patterned paper and assemble your frame back together~EASY PEASY PROJECT!!




Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!
Ellen

Supplies~
 Impression Obsession Stamps~
Brush Tree Line E7724, Delicate Snowflakes F6602

Impression Obsession Dies~ 
Sled DIE - DIE108-F 

Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products Used~
StazOn Opaque Cotton White, Creative Medium Clear, Ink Blushers

Other Products Used~
 Stampendous! Crystal Snow White Glitter, Dollar Store Frame, KC & Company Patterned Paper

21 comments:

  1. Ellen, this is a beautiful snowy scene! Your daughter is going to love it. Thanks for the tutorial too. Lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I love the frame and the sledder is just perfect and so pretty all glittered. What a nice gift for your daughter with a photo sure to bring back memories of a Christmas past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I would have never thought to stamp on the glass like that. What a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great gift! Good use of things you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Love the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really beautiful memory and keepsake too! She will treasure this forever! Lovely as always, Ellen! TFS the tutorial too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous and would make for such a wonderful Christmas gift too! Love the sparkle! Thanks for sharing! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Ellen, I love the way you have decorated the frame and the gorgeous Sled die. Such a fabulous photo too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful frame Ellen! Thanks for the fabulous tutorial. I hope you are doing well and the back is improving. Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous Christmas gift Ellen, your daughter will love it.
    Thank you for the tutorial.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea for a Christmas picture, Ellen!!! The snowflakes look sooo pretty and I love the addition of the glittery little boy on the sled!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ellen, this is so precious and so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! It's fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks beautiful Ellen, great picture frame.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. This snowy frame and glass is fabulous Ellen! what a wonderful winter project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. El dahling, how magnificent! Even though I really have never heard or seen your techniques, I can still admire them from afar! You are so talented!!! See you in how many days is it now? Looks like a month by my calendar.
    Stay well. Hugs and Love, Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful! I love your stamping on the glass and your photo looks so neat behind it. The little sledder is really cute too, we had a bunch of kids sledding down hills around me today, it was the first snowy day. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet snowy frame that your daughter is sure to love and cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Очень красивая снежная рамка с фото, большое спасибо за учебник!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMgosh this is so fabulous! I need to try this out! Thanks for the tutorial and fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!