Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 6 January 2014

Day 1~ IO Spring Release DT Hop

Day 1
 


Welcome to Day 1 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see the rest of the fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win! 
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day on theImpression Obsession Blog along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday.

Go check out what the rest of the team created...
Impression Obsession Blog
Vicki Garrett

 I just had to use this fabulous Chickadee Tea D13184 image by artist Dina Kowal to create a shaker card with real tea! 

Here is how it was made.....
~ I first stamped  the leaves from the Wheat CL535 set from the Zenspirations line with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed it with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder. Then Stamped  Chickadee Tea D13184 and emboss it.  
~I used a water pen to color the bird, the leaves and background with Memento Inks, then sponged some Versafine Black for some shadow.  I filled the Shake It Card Pouches Lg Square SHP01 with a wee bit of loose tea.
~Stamped Cover-a-Card Wavy Lines CC060 with Versafine Onyx Black on a Lg Square Shaker Overlay SHC01 and Clear Embossed it.  Distress the edges with Memento Peanut Brittle.
Work Of Art B13224 was inked and embossed in the same way as above.  It was popped up and layered over 2 Mini rectangle Tags 2 DIE014-J .then attached with Brads to the Overlay.
~Attach the coin and pleat some  ribbon around the shaker Square.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the draw!!
Ellen

IO Products Used~
Mini rectangle Tags 2 DIE014-J , Wheat CL535, Chickadee Tea D13184
Work Of Art B13224,    Cover-a-Card Wavy Lines CC060, Shake It Card Pouches Lg Square SHP01,

Lg Square Shaker Overlay SHC01 ,Mega Mount RKBK 

Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products~
Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves-Peanut Brittle-Dandelion, Jumbo Sponge Daubers, Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder, Ink Blusher

Other Products~Ribbon, Brads, Pop Dots, Water Pen, Twine, Chinese Coin and Tea

 

106 comments:

  1. I am drinking my first of many cups of tea this morning and admiring your card. It combines two of my favorite things birds and tea! Your pouch with the loose tea is a brilliant way to bring focus to the panel and oh theChinese coin- this whole card makes me happy! I am looking for a way to subscribe by email to your blog. i want to see all that you create. I just followed your Pinterest. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I just scrolled down and found the subscribe button. Thanks again for sharing this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely card!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card- great colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Tea may be a work of art, but so is this amazing card! It deserves to be framed! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your card! I love doing shaker cards and NEVER thought of this....what awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! Perfect for my tea-drinking friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen L. said....

    Love the little chickadee its's so cute and looks adorable sitting on the teapot.
    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea for a shaker card to share w my tea buddy; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp and your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, unique card! What a great idea for a tea shaker card :)

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative idea! I am a tea lover so this is right up my alley!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shaker card with awesome colors. That wavy lines background stamp is awesome. I really need to get that one. Here we go....making lists. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. A mini work of art! I love that it's a shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how cool! Love that it is a shaker. Never would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cool shaker card! I also love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful from colors, textures and shaker design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous color combo and a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very beautiful shaker card. I love the Chinese charm you added.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great card and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely card and what a neat idea with the loose tea leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Janet Lindstrom1/06/2014 8:16 am

    the bird is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea for a card. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the background to go with the image, great idea with the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVING your FUN Card!! Such a Great Idea!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shaker cards are always such fun. This is a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's beautiful, Ellen, and I really like the tea added to the shaker! So creative and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Being a big tea drinker, I really like your super card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such an adorable image & a clever shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great project, I love the laced frame!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My sister would LOVE this card! She is the tea drinker in our family. What a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love what you did with your card...great background too!.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cool colors used on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh so neat, love the tea pot. I like all the tea cup and tea pot stamps out there. You have really nailed this set.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a gorgeous card and love the background you created for this shaker card. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The feel of this card is so serene. I love the coin and the chickadee. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my! Your card is so totally yummy! And clever you..real tea? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great idea - putting tea in a shaker card! I just love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  40. it's a very beautiful card Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the wavy line background stamp you used. Adding it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love that sweet chickadee image! And I love tea... so I "need" that stamp! :) Wonderful shaker card. I should try one of those some day.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the total design of your card, esp. the background ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a novel idea to use tea leaves in a shaker card - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Drop-dead brilliant is what I have to say. Loved the whole layout and concept.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am a fan of darker colors and I love your bird and tea pot card very much - TFS and for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  47. FAB-U_LOUS and extremely striking card

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous card Ellen, I love the image, wonderful design and beautiful colours too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love how you used a shaker for this card! Love the kettle with the bird and the tea quote too. Wonderful colors. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love that wheat background, and the chickadee image is beautiful, really striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  51. love my tea and this card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a gorgeous card Ellen, such a fabulous image and I love your stamped background and pleated ribbon detail.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  53. Stunning card! I love the embelishments you used to enhance the image and feel of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Tea may be a work of art - but so is your card! Simply divine and beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great card! Thanks for sharing your work of art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Shakers are always fun. I love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love what you did with the shakers..haven't seen the stamp! Gorgeous work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love your pretty shaker card! Beautiful colors and a pretty stamp design!

    ReplyDelete
  59. WOW ! Love that stamp and the fact you used tea for the shaker! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the chickadee on the tea pot. Thanks for sharing. Coloring very nice>

    ReplyDelete
  61. Awesome card-very creative. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  62. Ellen, What a detailed card! I enjoyed reading how you layered all the components to make it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Great inspiration to improve my shading skills! Clever idea to enclose the tea leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Genius idea! Shaker of loose tea makes this card unique and special! I will be stealing that idea. Very nice card design!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi Ellen, Happy New Year. I love Tea and also love your design. The image is fantastic, great colouring and ribbon trim. I hope you are doing well and not too crazy busy. Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  66. Nice to see a tea stamp and not just coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Fabulous card! Love the cover-a-card background.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the nature theme & colors.

    ReplyDelete
  69. beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Cool card. I really like the wheat background with the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Ellen, this is really striking. I have lots of friends that go to tea houses. I think I need this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very clever card you created with this stamp !!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wonderful creation
    in your card. Love
    the shaker part
    and the stamp is
    wonderful.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  74. great execution!
    lovely.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  75. Ellen, you have put a lot of detail into this card - even pleating ribbon around the square. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Beautiful work as always and just love the techniques you've used!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow! Fabulous card! Thanks for the step by step how to.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow! love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Lovely card - the little bird is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Wonderful card.....and fantastic idea doing a shaker with tea!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Great card design and love the stamp. I'll totally be CASEing this.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love the shaker card. I am a tea person (sorry, never did go for the coffee taste) and I could use this stamp for my friend's daughter's tea party on Valentine's Day. But I'll do the opposite....I'll use the teapot stamp on pattern paper and the rest on cardstock. I better go sketch this idea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  83. smnance@comcast.net1/07/2014 12:04 am

    Very creative card. It has giving me some ideas to make it a top for a box full of teas to give as a gift. Happy crafting to all.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Super pretty card...love that image, too...two of my favorite things, birds and tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. What a beautiful card. Just stunning. I love the background, you're coloring and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  86. So you just made this a GOTTA HAVE IT stamp. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  87. Fabulous stamp, love the colours and layout your have used - stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  88. Great card - I think I will need this stamp too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  89. I love the layout! Tea for Two! JD Lacombe

    ReplyDelete
  90. Love it! Thanks for sharing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!