Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Day 2~IO Spring Release DT Hop

 



Welcome to Day 2 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see the rest of the fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win! 
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day on theImpression Obsession Blog along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday.

Go check out what the rest of the team created...
Impression Obsession Blog
Vicki Garrett


Here is a sweet Valentine featuring all fabulous new images by artist Alesa Baker.  This is how it was made.....

~ Sundae Best D9197 was stamped twice with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored up with Copics to look like milkshakes and  cut out.   Adhere on directly to white cardstock and pop the other one up. Mat over red and brown cardstock.

Copics used~ Milkshakes -RV00-RV63-E42-44-47, Straws -R43-46, Grounding Shadow -C00-C0-0

~ Stamp  Gingham Scallop Border D9242 with Memento Ladybug Red, cut it out and adhere behind the image.

~Layer image over a panel that has been dry embossed with a Sizzix Dots embossing folder and mat over red cardstock. Attach to Brown card base.

~Add a strip of brown ribbon at the bottom.

~Stamp Just For You A9253 with Versafine Vintage Sepia and punch out with a circle punch. Pop it up in the corner and add a baker's twine bow.

~ Embellish with some hearts from the Heart of Hearts DIE052.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the drawing!
Ellen

Supplies~

Impression Obsession Products Used~
Sundae Best D9197, Gingham Scallop Border D9242
Just For You A9253, Heart of Hearts DIE052

Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products~ Memento Tuxedo Black-Ladybug Red, Versafine Vintage Sepia

Other Products~ Circle Punch, Pop Dots, Ribbon, Baker's Twine, Sizzix Embossing Folder, Copics

98 comments:

  1. What a yummy card! I love the little hearts on top of these wonderfully
    executed milkshakes- delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your coloring is so realistic. Beautiful work!

      Delete
  2. Fun card without calories

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Sweet! Reminds me of the old "soda shoppe" days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute and different kind of valentine card. Looks good enough to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card...the little hearts at the top are adorable....beautiful coloring, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eileen L. said...

    Looks good enough to eat. Your coloring is wonderful. The card is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really fun card!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a "sweet" Valentine card. I love the little hearts on top and the gingham border is great. You've colored these sodas to perfection. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a YUMMY card! Love it!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to dive into either one of these and it's 7 am! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the gingham border. You card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, who wouldn't love something done with a ice cream theme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who wouldn't love a card done with a ice cream theme, then add the beautiful job you did and you have a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!! Way too sweet and OH so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and different! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! Great card!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! What a great card!
    I am becoming quite a follower of IO. Thanks for this chance to win.
    kReN

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS!!! such a sweet card!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous copic coloring! This is the second card I've seen using this scallop border stamp that I now must have. Geese...I just put in an order and didn't know about this one until now. It will have to go on my biggggg wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delicious card! Awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so blown away when I saw this card! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my! This takes me back to my youth and the malt shop days! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love the watercolor look.
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely darling! What a fun stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable card-love the details. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card and coloring. I'm amazed at how realistic your shakes look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great coloring, for some reason, a strawberry shake sounds real good right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. cute card and great addition to add the hearts to the sundae's foam; thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your gingam border. Your card is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those milkshakes look delish! Great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your milkshakes look almost good enough to drink! So realistic - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card Ellen, I love the image and wonderful colouring.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a fun card, so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You did an amazing job on your card and these milk shakes!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a fun card, and such a beautiful job of coloring! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute card - love the layers and the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. OH! Boy! I sure would like one of these soda's. My taste buds are calling. super card....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, I wish I could color like that! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous colouring, they look so edible!


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yum! That's a cute card, Ellen, and I like how you popped the one milkshake up. That looks like it would be a well-used stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a cute card, love the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a yummy card! love the card and how your directions are so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nothing tastes better than a "love shake"!! LOL!! What an adorable card Ellen! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a fun Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Mmmmmm......chocolate or strawberry???? I'll take a small one of each, please. Yummy card!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yum! LOVE the Sundae Best stamp! Great coloring on your pretty card too!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a romantic little retro card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Super fantastic!!! Such gorgeous coloring too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  49. A wonderful subject for the Valentine Card, I can remember sharing a soda, I wonder if kids still do that. Your card is beautiful and the coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What an absolutely "yummy" card!!! Love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Throw another log on the fire, this card makes me want to have an ice cream sundae! You did such nice coloring and the layering of elements makes this card so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW!! LOVING how FUN this card is!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  53. o that looks delicious Ellen great card.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wonderful card and yummy milkshakes so beautifully colored. This is full of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Talk about fun and pretty too! Love the scallops and the milkshakes are tooo toooo sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Very sweet card. Very reminiscent of the valentines I gave out as a kid. All it needs is a silly pun ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  57. A nice & different take on a Valentine's card. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh my the coloring is so good that you have me hungry for a milkshake right now!! This is a wonderful card and I could see using this image for all year, not just Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  60. How sweet is this card creation? Loving the color choices and the sweet malts - yum! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  61. Boy, doesn't this card remind me of my youth, nice work! and Wow... great giveaway.. too fun.. love all IO stamps and dies and would be thrilled to have some of the newest ones!

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a fun card! Brings back lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is a fabulous card Ellen, beautifully coloured and brilliant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  64. wow YOUR CARD MAKES ME WANT TO DRINK ONE OF THOSE

    ReplyDelete
  65. Your milkshakes are so cute! Love your card. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  66. OK, I'm officially heading for the freezer. Gotta have ice cream and it's all your fault. :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Even the cold weather can't keep me from wanting one of those tasty looking shakes! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  68. really like the retro soda shop feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I really, really like the composition of this card, and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Who doesn't love a milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh sooooo cute...making me hungry for a milkshake!!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love this card. Brings back memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Your milkshakes are making me hungry. THey look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Your milkshakes look good enough to drink

    ReplyDelete
  75. The shakes look so real and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Now I need a milkshake, this card looks so realistic, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Great card. I love the way you have put the little hearts on the great sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Your malts look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Love your cards thanks

    ReplyDelete
  80. Yummm. Love milkshakes. This reminds me of high school!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I now want a lovely old fashioned milk shake! Your colour, stamping and details on this card are stunning! loving this blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  82. Very sweet but I am on a diet! Ha Ha, just kidding. Like your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Beautiful! JD Lacombe

    ReplyDelete
  84. You could just reach out and grab those they look so real! What an awesome job you did! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  85. This is just too cute! I love it! Another stamp for the wish list! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!