Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 10 January 2014

Day 5~ IO Spring Release DT Hop

 


Welcome to Day 5 of the Impression Obsession 2014 Spring Release Designer Hop!
 
We have some beautiful CHA peeks to share AND Gift Certificates to give away each day!!!
The hop will start each day with a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog at 6am EST. Each day pay us a visit and then head over and see our fabulous IO Design Team’s projects with our new stamps & dies on their blogs (only one comment per blog per day please). The more blogs you visit each day the better chance you will have to win!
Every day (Monday Jan 6th – Friday Jan 10th) one of the blogs will be chosen randomly and a winner will be selected from comments on that blog at 10pm CT. The winner will be announced the following day along with the participating blogs for that day.
Two prizes will be awarded on the last day of the hop. One will be for Friday’s comments and another will be chosen from all the comments left throughout the week. So if you miss a day or time deadline your comments will still count for a chance to win a $25 Impression Obsession Gift Certificate! Both Friday winners will be announced on the IO Blog on Saturday.

Today’ hop list!

I have two cards to share today featuring images from the Zenspirations Line.


Here is how to create the above card....

~Stamp Amazing Friend F15022 with Memento Tuxedo Black and color with Copics, cut it out and set it aside. Copics used- Flower R81-83-85, Stem/Leaves/Border YG05-25-63, Background E41-42
~Distress the edges of a 5" x 2" piece of Kraft cradstock with Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa. Using one of the images from the Leaves Clear Set CL536 stamp randomly with Versamark to create a tone on tone watermark. Adhere it to a 5 1/4" by 4" black piece of cardstock.
~Die Cut  a Looped Heart Border DIE128-C and spray it with New Sprout Fireworks. Adhere it over the edge of the card piece and add some lace and pearls.
~Pop the image up and finish it off with a black satin bow. 
~Adhere to a 5 1/2" x4 1/4" Kraft card base that has been sponged with Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa.

This next one is super quick and simple....

~Stamp Live Love Laugh ~F15011 with Memento Tuxedo Black.  Color the image with  Memento Markers using the tip to tip method. The colors I used are Dandelion, Canteloupe, Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Ladybug Red, Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly, New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves  die cut with a Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle
~Create a hinged card base. Here are Shirley Ross's Directions.


 ~To finish it off weave some ribbons through the holes around the card base.  I stamped the image again I just used the butterfly and cut it out and popped it up and embellished with some tiny rhinestones.

 Be sure and pop back daily for the next 7 days for more CHA sneak peeks!
Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the drawing!!!
Ellen

Amazing Day Card Supplies~
Impression Obsession Products Used~ Amazing Friend F15022, Leaves Clear Set CL536, Looped Heart Border DIE128-C
Imagine Crafts Products Used~ New Sprout Fireworks, Sponge Daubers, Memento Desert Sand- Rich Cocoa. Versamark
Other Products~Pop dots, Copics, Pearls, Lace

Live, Love Laugh Supplies~
Impression Obsession Products Used~Live Love Laugh ~F15011
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products Used~Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Markers
Other Products Used~ Rhinestones, Pop Dots, Ribbon, Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles

66 comments:

  1. Ellen, you are amazing! The sentiment panel is so pretty layered over the heart border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Live, love, laugh card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great cards-well done.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, but I especially like the second. Running the ribbon thru is a nice touch. REally like the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful creations today, Ellen. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful. The woven ribbon is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gosh both are so pretty. I agree with the person above me that the woven ribbon is unique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. I love these sentiments - they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are amazing!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! These cards for today are Totally BEAUTIFUL!! LOVED all of your Cards this Week!! THANKS SO MUCH fir sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Great ribbon weave on that second card, nd I love the stunning contrast of the flower against the bold black on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I know it will be an amazing year after getting the sneak peek this week! Love that ribbon on the second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! That stamp on the first one is cool and I love that heart border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the use of black . . . it's so classic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fab cards. Love the colors of the first one and what you did with the ribbon of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my these are absolutely GORGEOUS designs Ellen!! I love the ribbon going through the frame on the second card and I also love the framed flower design on the top card too! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOTH are so beautiful! I love that ribbon weaving on the second one too. Just sensational.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janet Lindstrom1/10/2014 8:34 am

    Thanks for the ribbon idea. I love the 'sayings'!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great colors - love the colors you chose - the green and pink on the black is stunning - and your second card is just plain beautiful! (great sentiment - love the font in that image)
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the way the design on these cards really showcase the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The sentiments are beautiful - as are your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful job of showcasing these fun sentiments! Thanks for your inspiration this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards. Thanks for all your gorgeous cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the flower/stem/leaves border die that you used in your first card. Also liked how you strung the ribbon through the openings in the second card - great idea. Thanks for all your cards this past week and I look forward to viewing more this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So simple and beautiful. Love how you colored in the script and the die cut border is wonderful with ribbon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are beautiful and I love the sentiments on both. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Striking with the black. and the gorgeous bow too. I also love the ribbon in the frame for the second card. And the lovely coloring in the sentiment. Both are stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dies have become my big weakness these days. I love the Looped Heart border die used on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay for you, I just ordered yesterday and here you are with some I put on wait and wish I hadn't! Both of these are just lovely. The first is just so sophisticated and the second is just so cute, pretty, and feminine at the same time!! You inspire me, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful - love the colors and the sentiments.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are lovely! Great sentiment stamps - they look really useful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These cards are outstanding. The black one in particular leaps off the screen. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cards! They both call out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. both cards are amazing - I like the black on the first card with that wonderful ribbon and bow - on the second card I like how you put the ribbon through the card - I believe I have that die and I may give that a try -your work is wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  35. these cards are gorgeous Ellen.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautifully done. LOVE the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great cards! I love the pop of green and pink on black. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  38. The black really makes the other colours pop & the ribbon on the second card gives a wonderful decadent feel.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your cards give me motivation to go home and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards! Love the sentiments and that fun flower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Two beautiful cards! Love this first stamp, it is on my wish list! Love the black and kraft together and with the new heart border too, very cool! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I can't choose between these two wonderful cards. The copics on top of the black is so elegant and the sentiment surrounded by that luscious pink ribbon is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wonderful cards....esp love the LIVE LOVE LAUGH card. So pretty with the ribbon and the butterfly....lovely colors, too.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great Job! Enjoyed your cards. The sets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful artwork w/beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful and elegant cards....both are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this card have to get this stamp!! and make a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Eileen L. said
    Beautiful cards. Especially love the ribbon card just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your cards is so cure

    ReplyDelete
  50. I really like both of your cards. The sentiments are great. The black and tan card is very striking and it makes the saying pop. Love how you framed the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Both cards are great - love both the sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What great cards! Love the sentiments! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh I love your cards!
    Both are so pretty
    and fun!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my goodness, I LOVE how you wove the ribbon through the second card, absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your cards are so pretty! I love the pink ribbon in and out of the die cut piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great cards, especially the 1st one-super cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  57. These 2 cards are very different and very eye-catching. I like the colors in the first one and the ribbon treatment in the second. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Outstanding cards. That bold flower on the black is so eye catching. I want to study that all day!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Both cards are beautiful, I love the top one with the green hearts, they just pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!