Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Impression Obsession Challenge~ I {Heart} You



 Hello Friends! It's Thursday and that means it's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This week's challenge is "I {Heart} You~Hearts, Love, Valentine's Day".
 
 Create a card or project that is say I inspired by this challenge and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along!!  Who doesn't love free shopping?!  Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO ladies have created to inspire you..... 

IO Blog
 Anna Wight

Ellen Taylor ~you are here 





On to my card...
I created a masculine Valentine using new Impression Obsession Dies.  Here is how it was made.....

~I adhered a piece of double sided adhesive to some cardstock and Die cut Love Border Word DIE130-d.  Peel the backing off and burnish in some Cinnamon Elizabeth Craft Glitter Ritz over it.  I adhered this directly to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" black card base.

~Sponge a Spellbinders A2 Filigree with Memento Rich Cocoa and attach to the card base.

~Add some gold sparkly ribbon and embellish with the smallest heart from the Heart Set DIE135-f ~Add a rhinestone in each corner.

~Die Cut Cupids DIE125-m , I used sparkly red paper from Micheals. Pop one  Cupid up on the bottom right corner and the other adhere directly on... I lifted the love word border and tucked one foot under for more dimension.

We will love it if you would join us and play along in the challenge! Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Dies Used~
 Cupids DIE125-m
 Love Border Word DIE130-d.
 Heart Set DIE135-f
Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products~ Memento Rich Cocoa, Sponge Dauber
Other products~ Rhinestones, Pop Dots, Sizzix Double Sided Adhesive Sheet, Ribbon, Spellbinders A2 Filigree, Cinnamon Glitter Ritz, Red Sparkle Paper





15 comments:

  1. Ooh, pure gorgeousness! I love your cupids and and all the sparkle you have on this card. I really like that sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sparkly cupids and that gorgeous frame spell LOVE, literally! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the dies and the sparkling ribbon and cupid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your really do create the most beautiful cards Ellen.
    This is gorgeous, the die cuts look amazing and I love the sparkle.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the richness of this. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design Ellen, the sparkly cupids are awesome ! I hope you are having a fabulous week, Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not really sure which card to comment on. If I have a favorite it would be the card that say Will You Be My Valentine. However; I do love this one and those cute cupids. so well covered with bright blitz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Ellen, so rich and elegant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I haven't been by lately - internet woes!
    LOVE this gorgeous card! So elegant and beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little cupids are just adorable in the glitter paper! Such a great masculine design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the look of those colors. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card. Love those sparkly cherubs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon c.Lovely card. Those cupids are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty card, it really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!