Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 2 January 2014

IO Valentine Shaker

 

 Hello Friends!  

It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge.  This weeks challenge is "The Color Blue". 
 
Play along with us and create something that is "Blue" and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store store, just simply by playing along! Just go to the IO Blog for the details on how to play.  Check out what the talented IO team have created to inspire you..... 


IO Blog
Anna Wight
Ellen Taylor ~you are here 

On to my card...

Now that Christmas is over, it's time to think about Valentine's Day cards.  So here is a CHA 2014 peek of a brand spankin' new Alesa Baker Image called Dotted Heart Cup E9160.

  I really felt inspired to make a shaker card so I stamped Dotted Heart Cup E9160 with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue and embossed it with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder. The heart and the rim of the cup was colored up with Copics R35-37 & 39. The coffee was colored with E27 & 29.  Love You A13157 was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black over the heart on the cup. A few of the negative hearts from the Heart of Hearts DIE052-I were added to a Lg. Circle-Shake It Pouch SHP02  and framed with a Circle Shaker Frame DIE001-Z.  A few simple embellishments to finish it off, a ribbon and more hearts that have been sponged with Memento Nautical Blue and Rich Cocoa.

We would love it if you played along with us!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!
Ellen


IO Products Used~ Dotted Heart Cup E9160Love You A13157, Circle Shaker Frame DIE001-ZHeart of Hearts DIE052-ILg. Circle-Shake It Pouches SHP02
 
Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko Products~Memento Luxe Nautical Blue, Memento Nautical Blue-Rich Cocoa-Tuxedo Black, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers

Other Products Used~Sizzix Coffee Bean Embossing Folder, Satin Ribbon, Copic Markers

18 comments:

  1. Эллен, поздравляю с Новым Годом!!! Самые наилучшие пожелания, пусть сбываются все мечты! Открыточка чудесная!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifull shaker card, lovely colours and a beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully designed shaker card Ellen. I love the image, gorgeous colours and fabulous detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, Hope your Christmas and New Year days were great!....and that you are feeling much better. Your card is wonderful and I really like the negative hearts too. The treatment of the edges really give the whole card depth! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Ellen! Love the colors on this fun coffee theme shaker card - what a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a beautiful card Ellen.

    have a great and creative 2014.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice hot chocolate for a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice hot chocolate for a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous shaker card Ellen, I love your die cut and embossed details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Ellen, love the colour combination with the rich shades. I hope you are doing well and had a wonderful Christmas Season. Take good care of yourself, Hugs, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. El dahling, this is too sweet! Love the blue and red with the contrasting hearts! Aren't you something else? I think I may be able to join you in this challenge if I can find the time. I'm hooking up with some friends in San Diego for CHA in a few days, so time is a little tight for me right now! Hey, I think you might know who I am meeting: One is Canada's greatest stamper and the other is a great sales rep from Seattle. Any ideas who these 2 charming individuals might be. I'll be arriving late 1/9 so I'll call you early 1/10. Hugs and love. C you soon, my dear sweet friend! Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this shaker card and the color palette is perfect.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. Great colors too. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful Valentine card just full of hearts and love. Hope you're having a wonderful New Year so far. I've been awol for a little while. Good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very cute card. I love the black polka dot cup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like blue and brown together very much - that just might be my color choices for my creation for the challenge - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun to see Valentine cards...super cute card, love the addition of the brown!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!