Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 27 February 2014

Impression Obsession DT Thursday

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Impression Obsession DT Thursday!! 

 I am so tired of snow and am really feeling the need for sunshine and happiness cards, so here is a cheerful card that incorporates a few simple techniques.


Here is how to make this card........

1~Stamp Impression Obsession's Sun Circle E14123 with Memento Dandelion ink. I use my Mini Mount for perfectly stamped images.  Punch out the sun with a 2 1/4" circle punch.


 2~Sponge around the edge of the circle with Memento Cantaloupe ink with an Ink Dauber.




3~Using an Ink Dauber sponge around the edges of a 4" x 5 1/4" mat and a  2 1/2" circle with Memento Cantaloupe ink  and set aside.
.



 4~Rub the one side of an embossing folder with Memento Dandelion ink and insert a 3 3/4" x 5' piece of card stock and run it through your machine.



 5~Using a Sponge Dauber ink the raised edges of your embossed panel with Memento Cantaloupe ink.



6~ Cut scraps of ribbon and adhere.



 7~On a 1 1/8" x 2 1/2" piece of card stock stamp Impression Obsession's My Sunshine B14127 with Versafine Onyx Black and emboss with Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder. Round the corners of the sentiment and sponge the edges with Memento Dandelion ink.



8~Add some ribbon,  a pretty scalloped border ~Impression Obsession's Border Duo 2 Die Set DIE018-V  and a rhinestone flourish.  Pop you sentiment up and assemble your card on a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base and a 5 1/4  x 4 orange mat.


I hope the sun is shining wherever you are!!  Thanks for stopping by!
Ellen

Impression Obsession Products Used~
Stamps~ My Sunshine B14127 Sun Circle E14123
Dies~ Border Duo 2 Die Set  
Stamping Block~ Mini Mount -MNMT

Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products Used~
Memento- Dandelion, Cantaloupe
Sponge Dauber, Versafine Onyx Black, Clear Embossing Powder
 
Other Products Used~Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, WR Memory Cropadile Corner Chomper, Pop Dots, Recollections Rhinestone Flourish, Pop Dots, Ribbon

14 comments:

  1. Yes, it's full of sunshine. What a cheerful card with that pretty ribbon and inked embossing folder. It's not quite daylight here but I'm hoping the sun will be shining today. Very cold........brrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these warm colors! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how bright and cheery this is! Fabulous way to create your rays of sunshine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! A wonderful and much need burst of sunshine! I love your gorgeous design and beautiful cheery colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It truly is like a ray of sunshine - and so pretty and bright! Love the way you did the ribbon on this and also adding the ink to the embossing folder. I'll have to try that. Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Ellen! I love how you did the embossed background. And the ribbon looks great as sun rays, I love how you layered it. Great job! Thanks for sharing your sunshine.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen L. said...
    Oh that sunshine feels great... Love the ribbon you used as rays and also the colors you used to emboss...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sunny design Ellen ! Great tutorial as well, so creative ! I hear you about being tired of snow. It's so cold today with high winds, it seems like winter will never end and it had an early start. Take good care talented lady! Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card Ellen, I love you fabulous sun with the ribbon and fabulous warm, sunny colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Ellen, this is gorgeous! I love what you did with the ribbon, how you created your BG, and, oh well, the whole card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooooo bright and cheery....wonderful design!!! Love it!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for bringing this beautiful bit of sunshine into my life today! What a great way to create the rays! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You be da woman, El dahling! Wow, that's a dazzling card with some beautiful techniques, too. I see on your side bar 'they're talking about me at CraftGossip. Listen up, girl, I'm talking about you, too! Yeah for El! Over and out. Wont be home this weekend. ... babysitting the litte ones down south. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card and a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!